Opened in July 2014, this little shop and juice bar offers primarily takeaway with a couple seats for eating-in. Menu features veggie burgers and faux meat wraps, salads, sandwiches, bubble tea, smoothies, and fresh juices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Juice bar, Kosher, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery
348 7th Ave (Penn Station, Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10001

lorikunz
lorikunz

Meh

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2015

My least favorite of the eateries on my week long trip. The BLT was in fact delicious. The crispy mushrooms were a pile of soggy mess in a carton but tasted good. The staff was disorganized and unbelievably slow, forgetful and SUPER nice. The floors and walls were dirty. If I lived here I would probably eat here again, but call ahead with plenty of time. Overall the taste of the food, while good, was not worth the experience.

Pros: friendly
Cons: noisy, dirty, slow
OnDine
OnDine

Amazing food!!!

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2015

This place is super amazing and one of my favourites in NYC. I went there many times and was always satisfied, a real pleasure. They offer several raps, vegan cheesy sandwiches, brown rice dishes (haven't tried the burgers yet). Their soy protein is fantastic as well as the fresh smoothies and juices. As a mate tea fan I was happy to find some there. Very friendly and enthusiastic staff.

Pros: food taste, serving size, healthy ingredients, range, smoothies, juices, mate tea lemonade
Isamara
Isamara

Good food - Convenient location!

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2015

Not far from Penn station you will find this little restaurant. I enjoyed a "Creamy carne platter" and a quesadilla with avocado mayo, both were satisfying and delicious. To complete the experience I highly suggest their gluten-free chocolate brownies (I do not follow a gluten-free diet but it simply looked too good to pass up).

Highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious , Quick, Well located
Cons: Small

slo0go
slo0go

Yum!

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2015

V-Life is in the space where Loving Hut used to be. (Loving Hut relocated to Brooklyn). However, some of the people who work at V-Life used to work at Loving Hut, and it seems that some of them also work at Loving Hut's Brooklyn location. I thought it was a coincidence that another vegan restaurant took the place of Loving Hut, but I'm told that the landlord will only rent the space to a veg restaurant.

The food here is quick and is perfect for lunch. I always order online or call ahead, though, because the line can get pretty long at around lunchtime.

I really like the Golden Glory burger, which is more like a chicken patty sandwich. It has two chicken patties, tapioca cheese, lettuce, and a sauce of your choice. I also enjoy the french fry frenzy, which is a wrap with french fries in it (perfect for french fry lovers).

As for platters, I am quite fond of the Carne Platter, which has vegan carne molida, plantains, beans, and rice.

Don't forget to try their dairy free bubble tea, and leave room for dessert! They offer pastries from vegan treats among other vendors.

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 08, 2015

Just had the eggplant euphoria, which was breaded eggplant, marinara sauce, and tapioca cheese on Italian bread. Yum!!!

Pros: Quick, Cheap, Delicious!
MicheleVeganese
MicheleVeganese

Great vegan Takeaway

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2014

We tried different wraps - very delicious ! Also tried a smoothie for breakfast - a good start into the day.

Pros: all vegan, great variety
Thump
Thump

this food made me sick

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2014

I really liked the vegan restaurant that previously occupied this location.It was an oasis in the desert of inedible food that is west midtown NYC. I assumed "V life" would be at lease similar in quality.I got the "Eggplant Extraodinaire" wrap as a take out.
I didn't taste like eggplant or (anything recognizable)covered up by a mao like sauce.my stomach has been upset for the last 48hrs since eating it.
So I won't be going there again.

Cons: the food made me sick
lauraismynametoo
lauraismynametoo

Great Bubble Tea

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2014

I had a veggie burger here and it was terrible. The burger itself had an awful texture and it was so bad I was unable to eat even half of it despite being very hungry. I was extremely disappointed.

Pros: enthusiastic staff, best bubble tea I had in NY, great location
Cons: worst, burger, ever
  • VLifenyc VLifenyc

Hello Laura! We are happy you enjoyed our vegan bubble tea. We are truly sorry for your experience with the burger; we have many popular vegan burgers, wraps and sandwiches. We hope you come back and give us the opportunity to make things right for you! (Please check your PM for further details). You may find another burger more to your liking :) Customer experience is our number 1 priority! Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you so much for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!

vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

So awesome!

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

This place is awesome. Get the guacamole burger.

It's inexpensive, fast, friendly, and delicious. I had one of the most delicious smoothies of my life, the food was all fresh & delicious, and the employees were super friendly. They also carry a selection of desserts and drinks.

I absolutely recommend going here. The only downside is that everything is packed for take-away, even if you eat in, so they're using a lot of packaging. I mentioned this to them, and I hope that they'll work on it.

Pros: All vegan, Delicious, Super friendly
Cons: Lots of packaging
mcashman1984
mcashman1984

Very Friendly and convenient'

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

I am very lucky to have this place on the same block as where i work, great wraps and smoothies and always really friendly and fast service-chaep too' 10/10

Pros: FRIENDLY, FAST, CHEAP

Dear Owner and Manager of VLife:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the New York City page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/10/10