Offers vegan fast food such as vöner (vegan kebab), gyros, various sausage and burgers, fries. Based mainly on soy and seitan, prices are decent, good sized portions. They make their own sauces. Also selling a small selection of vegan snacks including chocolate and wine gums. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Fast food, Western, Beer/Wine
Zschochersche Str. 23
Leipzig, Germany 04229
n/a

Tue-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat 1:30pm-12:00am, Sun 1:30pm-8:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by celeste
Plantpower
Plantpower

Vegan fast food at its best

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

If you feel like savoury junk food, this is the best place to go! Tried the gyros which was quite delicious (and I found it also very authentic) with salad and fries. The selection of local beers and soft drinks complements the meal well. Again, not healthy, but going local and not supporting the big US chains. Well done! And very cool alternative vibe as well.

Pros: Good vibe, Alternative
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Good food, great vibe

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

I will always support and enjoy a vegan restaurant playing good punk music. Even when the employee couldn't understand what I ordered over the music.

I went here with a friend recently, and she ordered a vöner (kebab). I ordered a "vöner with hummus and fries with ketchup, without mayonnaise". I guess I didn't speak loud enough over the music, because all I got was fries with ketchup and mayonnaise. When I went back to the counter to order a 2nd time, I had to repeat myself to speak over the music.

That was honestly the only set-back about this place. Otherwise, the food was great, the atmosphere was great. I hate to say anything like 'the music was too loud,' because I really enjoyed the music.

If you drink, they also have a selection of local beers and wines, along with lots of local sodas.

Prices are very good, too.

Last - I'm not sure what people who went to a vegan fast food restaurant expected to find that was really healthy. This place serves vegan versions of things like currywurst and döner kebab and fries. You know what you are going to see on the menu when you go here. If you're looking for something healthy, this is not a place for that. If you're looking for your vegan indulgence a few times a month, this is a great place for it.

Pros: All-vegan, Good music
Cons: Couldn't hear my order over music
DiscoStu
DiscoStu

Best place in Leipzig!

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

Best place in Leipzig for vegan fast food!
Try the Gyros --> perfect!!
Nice prices!

WarmWhite
WarmWhite

Vegan Indeed. But is it healthy?

2 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

Vleischerei, a pun on the German for "butcher", is a fast food joint that serves vegan versions of German and Turkish standards, including steaks, sausages and döner kebab. The mock meats are grilled and placed in a pita or on a plate, together with sides. The portions are fairly large and the prices low. Order at the counter, and receive the dish to consume quickly at the tables and bar stools or take away. There's no table service. The place is well-trodden and the staff friendly if hurried.

However, just as in the standards they imitate, the dishes are far from wholesome. As vegan as they might be, they are often dripping with fat, heavily processed and thus lacking in nutrients.

Overall: good for the occasional vegan sin, but health seekers will stay away.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Heavily processed, Few healthy choices, Well-trodden
Manollo
Manollo

Vleischerei Leipzig - vegan fast food restaurant

4 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2011

Vleischerei is a good vegan fast food restaurant in Leipzig. The menu has got a lot of meals to offer from vegan gyros, currywurst, burgers, good fries made from organic potatoes, kebap. Soja steaks and all that. It's really delicious!!!

They also offer a lot of vegan drinks, chocolates, sweets. Also tobacco, papers and other useful stuff.

The prices are not really low but fair and you get a lot for your money, so it's absolutely ok.

The place is made very nice and cosey, you can see they made it with love - a lot of wood, coloures, good seats, lights.

The only thing is (like at the Deli place, too) it smells quite hard of hot fat and that. More as in a normal Döner shop. So If they would improve that situation, it would be much more cosey and nice to keep sitting longer (and have a few drinks or so) than finishing the meal. This is the only critical point. If you don't want to smell like a Pommes-Bude you have to change cloths after the visit.

It's a good fast food restaurant but it's not a real restaurant. If you are after a really really god meal and want to invest triple money you should go to the "Zest". there truly is a difference and that's why I don't give the full points here.

Pros: Good menu, Nice Place, Good taste
Cons: Smell
celeste
celeste

Makes a good burger

3 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

This place saved me,when my husband and I found ourselves in Leipzig one weekend. This place was the closest to where we were staying and I was painfully hungry as I was about 6 weeks pregnant. We both ordered their burger with all the fixins and it was really wonderful. A bit too big,especially since we decided to each get fries,but it was really satisfying (though I my opinion could have been a bit colored. I was really that hungry). The homemade mayo and other toppings were really good,though I will admit,when I had a small piece of the burger sans the toppings,it wasn't all that interesting,so I guess the condiments really made the burger. I do wish that one could have a whole wheat option for the bread ( I REALLy do not like white bread),but then I wish that about most places outside of NYC (NYC is the one city where they offer whole wheat even in hot dog places-think Criff Dogs). We didn't go back since it was quite unhealthy and heavy,but I was really glad for it,non-the-less. Do wish we had a place like this back in Copenhagen (though I wish for many things here. I'm such a spoiled ex-New Yorker),just to have the option to eat there once in a while.

Pros: Filling, cheap, tasty
Cons: not many options , not all that healthy, no healthy options

Dear Owner and Manager of Vleischerei: