Vivi's Vietnamese Noodle House

Serves meat, veg options available. Simple little family-owned business. Menu includes around 4 labeled vegetarian dishes (which are likely vegan suitable, too). House-made sauces. Prices cheap to moderate. Price: Moderate more-less
Beer/Wine, Vietnamese, Non-veg
1035 NE 25th Ave (Cornell)
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
503-648-2300

Open Mon-Sat 11am - 7pm.

First Review by berg22mel
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

So Delicious!

3 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

I have tried all of the items on the vegetarian side of the menu, and most seem to be very salty but fairly tasty. The fresh, locally made Tofu is fried perfectly on all sides and absolutely terrific. My two favorite items would have to be the fresh Spring Rolls and the Tamarind Soup (not sure of the official name), those seem to be the least salty items. They make their own sauces and it is a nice family-owned, clean place. There really aren't many vegan options in the area, so it's nice that they are there.

Pros: Fresh Tofu, Locally Owned, Home-made sauces
Cons: No Veg. Pho, Could be more veg things on the menu, SALTY
laurawrld
laurawrld

Delicious

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

From a strictly vegan perspective it was very good. I liked that they are conscientious to cook the vegan dishes separate than the meat items. A good place to go if you are wanting to go to dinner with a meat eater. There were about 4 maybe 5 very different from each other choices. I got the V5, which was a Spring Roll Vermicelli Bowl. It came with a soy sauce to put on it and I added some hot sauce too. If you follow "Eat to live" or Dr McDougall the spring roll was fried, maybe you could order it with the one that was not fried, or without it completely. If you're gluten free, it might be a good because of the rice noodles, that are delicious, but you wouldn't be able to add the soy sauce it comes with BUT, it does come on the side. Also for allergies, it comes with peanuts, once again, you could order without. I never seem to get enough vegies in my dishes, but this dish had a perfect amount. The atmosphere is wonderful and our waiter was very nice.I would definitely recommend it, and will be going back!
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 27, 2013

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Cooks vegan dishes separate from meat
Cons: Limited vegan choices, Limited sauces
kimhester
kimhester

Fair to middling

2 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

Today I got a takeaway of three vegetarian dishes, which were fair to middling cuisine. The service, however, was quite friendly and helpful. They informed me that the restaurant does not serve veggie pho, which is a disappointment for a Vietnamese restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 21, 2013

Updated from previous review on Sunday April 21, 2013

Pros: Friendly service
Cons: Fair to middling dishes, No veggie pho

mile4748
mile4748

Saturday Lunch

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

Went for the first time based on reviews I had read. I enjoyed my lunch very much. Seemed busy with both newcomers like us and with repeat customers who knew exactly what they wanted. Staff is very friendly and efficient, surroundings clean and simple. My husband and I both had the vegetarian tamarind soup and it was absolutely wonderful. Perfect blend of spices and fresh local produce was used. the broth was so flavorful and as someone else mentioned, the tofu is done to perfection. I tend to walk away dissappointed with how many places do not cook tofu to my liking, but not here! They put the cellaphane noodles in a separate covered little crock pot so you are able to determine how much you wish to put into your soups, which I think is a clever idea. I have eaten once before at a Vietnamese restaurant and did not care for it, so I just figured I didn't like that kind of food. Well, I was wrong and I hope to keep going back to Vivi's to sample her other veggie choices. The lunch ran us $17 for two, the portions are very large.

berg22mel
berg22mel

i love this little place

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2011

I always get the vegetarian noodle soup, and it's always so fresh, healthy and yummy. It's clean and quaint, and family owned. The service is great, always friendly. The price is reasonalbe and the portions are good. I order the spring rolls with the soup because I think I'm really hungry, and then I leave with leftovers. When you leave they have a little bowl with the yummiest little candies. I just love this place. There are only about 4 or 5 veg options, so that would be my only complaint. But if you ask I'm sure they will make anything vegan or vegetarian for you.

Pros: fresh, friendly, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Vivi's Vietnamese Noodle House: