Serves meat, veg options available. Focus is on organic and biodynamic grown local farm produce. Features Tuscan organic wine. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Italian, Take-out, Delivery, Catering, Non-veg
Via Santa Monaca 7/r (/between Piazza Santo Spirito and Piazza del Carmine)
Florence, Italy 50124
055-2381208

Open Mon-Sun lunch and dinner.

• Reservations required

First Review by DyannaCsaposs
wyrd
wyrd

Lots of vegetarian options

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

I went there with my girlfriend yesterday. We initially tried the Libreria Brac, but we hadn't booked in advance, therefore we had to retreat (we'll try again next week).

Then we went for the Bveg, only to find that it's not there anymore (there's a pub instead).

We went to the PopCafe, but you cannot have a proper dinner there.

Eventually, we ended up at the Vivanda, which (unfortunately) is not a vegetarian restaurant, but only serves organic food and wine. There are lots of vegetarian/vegan options (I would say that slightly more than half of the menu is vegetarian).

We decided to have a sort of "tapas" dinner, ordering 4 appetizers and a bottle of Chianti wine (actually, there is a lot of choice, but we went for one that they produce themselves: it was great). The appetizers tasted great (an onion quiche, and broccoli, other veg, and brie croquettes), the bread was good, and we also had a fantastic chocolate cake in the end (with no flour in it).

Very good food, the price is reasonable I guess given that everything is organic (we spent 50 euros in total), the atmosphere is relaxed, the staff is friendly and ready to explain everything.

I'll give it 4 happycows, which is a lot for me given that it's not a 100% vegetarian place! :--)

Pros: Lots of vegetarian choices, Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: Need to avoid non-vegetarian dishes
JBA
JBA

Wonderful!

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

Had a lovely lunch today -- a Tuscan soup with farro, borlotti beans and potato, and fresh pasta with vegetables and a parmesan cream sauce. The waitress could not have been nicer, and the food was absolutely delicious. With a glass of house wine, the whole thing came to 24 Euros, which is not cheap but certainly fair.

The menu lists items in Italian and English, and clearly marks vegetarian and vegan options, and it has some interesting options. It's a winner!

Pros: Excellent food, Interesting menu
Cons: Small--probably can only seat 30
jubeswalk
jubeswalk

Yummy!

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

Beautiful resturant. We visited it twice during our stay, one for lunch and once for dinner. We had the set menu for lunch, which was a tomato bruschetta followed by a fresh filling salad and coffee. It was delicious. For dinner I had the fresh pasta and tomato and basil sauce, it was to die for, my husband had a pasta with some jarmon, while the pasta was nice the meat tasted a bit meaty for him. Everything on the menu sounded delicious and the staff spoke English and were friendly and helpful. The resturant has a store right around re corner where they sell fresh pasta (made daily), bread, cheese, sauces and other organic juices and products. They also produce their own wine, the white was nice. They will let you try before you buy. Also my husband still raves about their bio beer. Highly recommend!

Pros: great fresh food, home made, meat for husbands
Cons: relatively small, need to book
DyannaCsaposs
DyannaCsaposs

Yum!

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

This little spot is easy to get to. The staff was friendly and answered all my questions. There are many options for vegetarians, about 1/2 the menu, with several vegan options. The beer and wine list is really interesting and the sparkling rose we had was tasty. All the food we ordered was really great. Full of depth and complimentary flavors. Classic Italian foods, but with new thinking. Since it is a small spot, you may want to make reservations, or enjoy a glass of vino as you wait.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vivanda: