Large vegan grocery store with a kitchen/cafe, located in a warehouse-type building - since 2010. Stocks various vegan, organic, raw, gluten free, soy free, and paraben free food items. Has frozen foods, fresh organic produce, grocery basics, vitamins, supplements, eco-friendly household products, accessories. Hosts events and yoga classes. Online shopping available. more-less
9456 Roberds St

airka1882
airka1882

Vegan Smorgasbord

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2015

I first discovered the location in Santa Monica, which was awesome, but when I drove to the Rancho Cucamonga location, it was a wonderland; a full-scale grocery store. I keep hoping that you will plant a location in Pasadena. There's a good market for you here and I would be a loyal customer, indeed. :)

Chia
Chia

Well-stocked

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2015

Read about this place on happycow and made a point to stop in for a look and shop. Was just here, and here's my Viva La Vegan Grocery Store review.

The location is slightly hidden behind another building. It's a simple warehouse filled with rows of shelves, an open fridge to one side, and freezers along the back wall. In the middle is also a food prep area with a counter for ordering burritos and coffee.

Strangely, however, there is also a section of extra floor space displaying vintage and used clothing for sale.

Selection-wise Viva La Vegan stocks a big range of products that are all vegan suitable. Besides many of the major name brands like ones you might also find at Whole Foods and other natural food stores, I also saw some local and small company products. Local are baked cookies from area restaurant/supplier. Different were the different frozen faux meats not sold at typical American stores.

Overall this is a good source for vegan, vegetarian, and natural groceries shopping. Price-wise comparable to Whole Foods. My only concern is whether there is enough demand locally to keep this store profitable.

Pros: all vegan products
Cons: used clothing racks
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

I love you Viva la vegan.

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

Cool place!

Got to the counter with 8 jars of vegenaise (veegunnnaize dammit, never vejanaize) and the most kind staffer informed me of the bulk tub. So I ended up getting a 1 gallon tub for the family plus a few pint jars for our friends the day before we flew out back home to Australia. Packed it in the suitcase well, it made it over the Pacific no sweat and customs didn't care. The next 3 months are gonna be sweet - errr zesty and creamy.

(Hmmmm... still trying to work out if it's "long live THE vegan" or "long live L.A. vegan")

Pros: Vegan., All vegan., Oh so vegan.

Moneyz
Moneyz

Vegan Wonderland

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

This is an vegan grocery store and man is that awesome!! They have everything you can think of from food, clothes, produce, cleaners, and even dog food. I don't cone here often but when I do I bulk up for a few months on shampoos and household cleaners which last forever! A definite must if you are in the area, even if you are not its worth it to come once. Just make sure you come with money things get pricey quick! I also ate their vegan tacos which were delicious, my favorite taco was the one with jackfruit.

Pros: Nice Staff, All Vegan!! , Huge Variety!
Cons: Pricey, Distant
jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

Best Vegan Grocery Store Around

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

Imagine browsing through a grocery store, and being able to eat every single item....

This is one of those places I'll make a special trip for. They have everything. I mean...everything. They even have vegan "ding dongs" and "hostess cupcakes". It's a dream, but I always go accepting that I'll probably be ten pounds heavier the next week, because the food items are pretty amazing. Vegan cheese its, nacho cheese, mac and cheese, soy meats...you name it, they have it. Since it's a bit out of our way, we usually go before the holidays or before any vegan friends come to visit, so we have some really fun foods for them to try. During Halloween, we really like to go because they have so many different types of vegan candies and chocolates. It's a great find. They have an online grocery store as well, so you can get some of the items through there.

Pros: Great Selection, Great food, Good atmosphere
TruBluBob
TruBluBob

Vegan Nirvana

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

More vegan meat all in one place than I've ever seen anywhere plus all kinds of other awesome vegan food that I've also never seen anywhere else. Vegans and vegetarians will definitely love this place! Even the carnivores would be able to find a vegan meat they love here like Uptons Seitan.

Pros: All things vegan
veganinvegas
veganinvegas

Vegan heaven

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

Had an hour to spare on the way to the Rose Bowl. Almost fainted from excitement when I walked in and saw how large it was. Boy, did I do some serious shopping in that hour :) I offered to bring in some Ronald's Donuts, but I guess they already had some coming in.

It was an undescribeable feeling, not having to stop and read labels, not having to worry about hidden ingredients etc. I tried sticking to food I'm not able to get locally. So items like honee, caviar (!), frozen seafood etc. all went into the cart.

I browsed through the clothing and jewelry sections also. Seems like most of the clothing is casualwear (very casual) - was looking for some work clothes but didnt find any.

Sometime this month, they're introducing some sort of membership incentive. $30/yr gets you various levels of discounts and specials.

If I weren't so deathly afraid of driving over that Cajon Pass, I'd be doing monthly road trips. :)

Pros: all vegan, friendly staffperson, did i mention all vegan :)
Cons: discover not accepted, 3.5 hours away from me, just casual clothing - nothing work-like
Onesong
Onesong

A dream come true

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2013

I had hoped for a store like this one, where I wouldn't have to worry about labels and could just pick stuff up from the shelves and enjoy. Well, I found it today. It's a 45 minute drive from my home, but can easily make the trip out there once a month to stock up on staples. They had a great variety of goods for sale. Staff was friendly and as an added treat (although probably not a regular thing) someone had brought over some vegan donuts from Ronalds in Las Vegas! If you're a vegan you will absolutely be pleased here.

kenvegan
kenvegan

EXCITING! An ALL-VEGAN Grocery Store!!!

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

I spent half of my Sunday at an AMAZING all-vegan grocery store. For the first time in over 21 years of being vegan, I was in a grocery store where I could purchase every single product, and this was an incredibly exciting day for me.

Produce grown veganically, loads of brands and product lines that you cannot find at any other health food stores in the area, a bulk section, cosmetics section, pet food section, vegan shoes and clothing, and even a vegan restaurant on the premises. Pure vegan heaven!

I was given a grand tour of the grocery store by one of the store's owners. He pointed out to me a number of products that Whole Foods and other grocery stores in the area do not carry, and he told me about many of the ethical companies that they purchase their products from.

I started off by ordering a dynamite cut roll from the restaurant, followed by a raw vegan raspberry chocolate cheese cake and was very impressed.

The prices at this store are reasonable, and the selection is far greater than you would expect. This is no hole-in-the-wall grocery store. The store is quite large, and there is even an expansive area for lectures. The co-owner mentioned that there additional space in the store that is not being used yet.

I was excited to hear that they are looking to open up a new store branch on the westside of LA! I can't wait!

Pros: Huge selection, great food quality, friendly and helpful staff
Greaturtle
Greaturtle

Vegan Heaven

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

I just found this store and visited it for the first time today. I am thrilled. I had been driving 45 minutes both ways to go grocery shopping at a similar store in another town, but now that I've found this one and it's only five minutes away (can you believe it?), I can go much more often. They seem to have most of the things I usually buy and it looks like they have room to expand. I will definitely be sharing this "well kept secret" with others. I firmly believe in supporting local businesses of the "mom and pop" variety. I wish them every success and will do my part to see that it happens for them.

Pros: Large variety of brands & items, Store well laid-out, "Vegan" items other than just food
Cons: Produce was wilted today, Store was very warm inside today
scottie1134
scottie1134

bad ass

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2011

Having an all vegan grocery store is amazing. And they're always super nice there. They also have vegan shoes and bags and other clothes.

Pros: vegan, friendly, vegan
Cons: a little cold in winter.
MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

No Need to Check Labels Here

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2011

It was very exciting to be able to go to a vegan grocery! I caught myself turning over the labels several times only to remember...no need to at this place. The girl at the register was friendly. They take credit cards. Parking was free. They had quite a selection of items, and I would imagine that if they're successful they'll carry even more items. Prices were comparable to my local health food store, but some items were less expensive here. Check them out, and support this local, all-vegan establishment!

Pros: all-vegan, friendly, good assortment
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Great store

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2011

We went for the grand opening yesterday and it was great! Lots of food samples and friendly people. They have dry and frozen/refrigerated groceries as well as some clothing/shoes and beauty/household products. They have a little of everything although they don't have the variety within some brands that can be found at Whole Foods or such, but it's an immense pleasure to shop at a store where you never have to check the labels or see any animal products. They also have some items that I've never seen anywhere else before. And the prices for some items was so good we bought them there even though we can get them in LA. Dirk also ordered a couple of pairs of shoes as they didn't have his size in stock, so we'll definitely be back! There's also plenty of room for them to expand too. Go support them!

Pros: all vegan store, friendly owners and staff, easy parking
Cons: wish it were closer to me!
ms0480743
ms0480743

You HAVE to go here!

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2011

This is seriously the only ALL vegan grocery in the entire state!!! They have everything, but my favorite part is if you they do not have an item you want they get it in just for you. They were so helpful to me.

Not to disregard the last person's comment but their prices are actually lower on every single item. Primal strips are usually 1.50-2.00, even online they are 1.30 They have lower prices then if I go to trader joes or sprouts, and obviously a way bigger selection for us non meat eaters
they carry daiya too!!

Pros: Large Selection, Helpful Staff , ALL vegan
soymygod
soymygod

This Place is AMAZING

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

I'm so excited this place is here! They have everything- Food, Clothes, Shoes and beauty care. I can tell they have alot of growing to do, but it's great how it is now. It's pretty inexpensive compared to other stores that carry vegan products. (i.e. $1 Primal Strips!) Best of all, they have take n bake pizzas from my favorite pizza place- Cheezy Pizza in Colton. This is a must visit for any IE Vegan :)

Pros: Take n bake cheezy pizzas, Inexpensive, Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Viva La Vegan Grocery Store: