Serves meat, veg options available. Traditional Spanish food with also veg versions. Sample veg items include Spanish omelette wthout egg, vegan pizza and arepas, sandwiches, and veggie/vegan burger. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Spanish, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
Calle del Ave Maria 43
Madrid, Spain 28012
+34-915301093

Open Mon-Sun 1pm-1am.

First Review by MollyRosaMariposa
Mochilo
Mochilo

Buenas Opciones Mal Servicio.

1 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2014

Buena carta veg-friendly con.opciones diferentes para elegir, pero recibimos un trato bastante lamentable desde el primer momento en el que entramos. No creo que volvamos.

Fer
Fer

Carnivore bar with vegan products

3 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2013

Small bar near to Lavapies square with Mexican style. They serves meat but they have some vegan options as "tortilla de patata", etc.. Is not expensive.

Pros: Cheap prices
earthville
earthville

Very veg*n-friendly, tasty & authentic food

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

Viva Chapata is one of the best places in Madrid to eat with mixed company (veg*ns and carnivores). The owner is very friendly and accommodating and speaks English, and the menu has many vegan and lacto-veg options, both of which are clearly marked, making it very easy to order.

I had the arepa vegana, which was very tasty, as well as a vegan tortilla (eggless omelette with potato), which was served with a nice tomato sauce. The salmorejo (cold tomato soup) is also exceptionally good here.

They don't serve fresh juices, but there's coffee with soymilk.

Sidewalk seating is a plus when the weather is nice.

Pros: Plentiful vegan options clearly marked, Very friendly service, Indoor and outdoor seating
Cons: No fresh juices, Not completely vegetarian

Jenna-LynnTharp
Jenna-LynnTharp

Everybody liked it!

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

Went here with a group of non vegetarians and everyone enjoyed their meals. Lots of vegan options, even more than many vegetarian restaurants. Highly recommend for a relaxed casual time with friends.

MollyRosaMariposa
MollyRosaMariposa

Yummy, Friendly....

4 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2012

A great place to share with friends of all chosen "diets"...

I accidentally discovered a whole load of vegan options on the menu here last night (I'm sure they're a new/recent addition) when I was actually looking for another vegan place I couldn't find (got the street name mixed up)... so ended up here by chance and was so happy to see a selection of vegan options mixed up, as well as vegetarian options, in the menu of pizzas/chapatas/arepas/burgers/salads.

I was really excited about the vegan arepa (corn-based "round", typical from Colombia) since I frequent many Colombian restaurants and can never find a vegan option on the menu and have to eat them at home only. A whole load of extras piled on... however, I ended up with the tosta (toasted) which was a great choice, small but piled high with toppings and definitely filling. Good value too, at 4,6€ (terrace price)

It was the first time I've ever tasted vegan cheese, which was very tasty although I think it was a little strong for me so I may not choose that particular cheese next time. There is also vegan mozarella on the pizzas etc. so I'm looking forward to trying that on another occasion.

Also vegan mayonaise, and I think vegan tuna were options on some of the other choices.... I was eyeing up the chocolate cake for dessert but alas the euros didn't stretch - so it's just another great reason for me to go back again! Which will be as soon as I get some more money. I'm so happy to have found this great simple place in Lavapiés, and where I can also eat with friends who are not up for trying something vegan. For once I don't have to make do with chips, bread and tomato or simply nothing because that's all that's vegan on the menu!!!

Pros: reasonable vegan/vegetarian selection, tasty, friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Viva Chapata: