CLOSED: Vitality Cafe

A vegan lunch cafe adjacent to a yoga studio. Food is made from scratch and includes raw food. Offers a monthly dinner event plus nutrition and cooking classes. SEPT 2013 SHUT DOWN PER OWNER. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Fusion, American, Raw, Take-out

First Review by Lisa Michelle
Mr Alexander
Mr Alexander

By Far, the BEST RESTAURANT in TOWN

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

This place is, BY FAR, the BEST RESTAURANT in town. Since it opened late last summer, I have been frequenting Vitality for lunch with some regularity as it offers the most creative, delicious, and perhaps most importantly, healthful menu around mid-Missouri. The folks that run this homegrown establishment never cease to amaze me with the originality and presentation of their menu items. Their daily specials are always equal-part delicious and beautiful, and their somewhat regular menu (it is a local, seasonal menu so it revolves and evolves with the offerings of the local farms) offers a lot of fantastic options as well. I have yet to order and eat anything from here that has been "ho-hum" or boring. Everything seems well planned, well plated and very well prepared. And the desserts... My, God. They are fantastic! And, most of the time, RAW! How they manage that, I'm not entirely sure, but the raw lemon "cheese" cake is absolutely the best cheesecake I have ever encountered. For those who know Jefferson City, they know there is an overabundance of run-of-the-mill bar & grills, diners, and "we fry it all" eateries, so this place is certainly a diamond in the rough and I hope that it continues to do well and flourish. I highly recommend it to EVERYONE, not just vegans, vegetarians or flexitarians. If you appreciate good food, you will appreciate Vitality.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Service, EXCELLENT FOOD!!!
Cons: Limited Hours
JuneStone
JuneStone

Oh my my

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

I am a well-traveled woman, and have eaten at the best vegan restaurants in this country. I have to say, that for as small as this place is, and for where it is located I was shocked to find such high-quality food (in an otherwise barren landscape of fast-food chains). The customer service is excellent (which is a hard thing to find no matter where you are) and the food is wonderful. Even something as simple as your standard veg burgers and whatnot are accompanied by pretty edible garnishes, well-thought side dishes and more.

Unfortunately this place is only open for lunch four days a week. I am told it is because it is a small business run by a small family with limited resources so that is understandable. Nonetheless, it is worth the trip because the atmosphere is lovely (in an old building downtown) with big glass windows and lots of natural light. They also have a clean bathroom which counts for a lot in my book.

The menu is small, but it changes frequently in rhythm with what is seasonal, local and fresh. But, every item is delicious. They also don't do a lot of beverages, so you might want to grab your own coconut water before you go.

Also, the place isn't all that big (less than 20 seats?). If they are full to capacity with a line out the door (which in my experience is not that uncommon) then you might want to consider a fast-food place for your express business lunch. This is what happens when everything is made-to-order.there is nothing pre-packaged in that kitchen! Regardless, if you go, make sure you have enough time to sit and savor your meal.

Pros: excellent service, nice people, amazing food...that is VEGAN!, lovely atmosphere
Cons: too small to bring the whole soccer team, not open enough hours!!!
Lisa Michelle
Lisa Michelle

Delicious Food for Vegans, Veggies or Omnis

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

Highly recommend this cafe for a high quality , fresh meal made with obvious care, love and attention to detail. The people are friendly and knowledgeable , the atmosphere is comfortable and the food is fantastic. My favorites are the warm brown rice salad with homemade ranch dressing and tempeh and the neatloaf is the best veggie loaf I've had. We are very lucky to have such an establishment in Jefferson City. Check out their webpage for classes and dinner events also!

Pros: delightful flavor profiles, fresh , excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: none!

Guest
Guest

Great Experience

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2012

I ordered the special, the nut-loaf with lots more on the plate. I'm 6' 3" so it takes a lot to fill me, but I can say I was quite satisfied by this meal. I enjoyed rich flavors and new tastes. It is the only vegan restaurant in town so they automatically have my business. I just wish I found out about them sooner. I encourage any fellow Adventist or any other health conscious person to try their hand at this new lunch-spot in town.

Sum of the matter: I'll be back.

Pros: Many choices, Local, nice people, Fast service
Cons: My chair didn't have a back to it..., Music was a little loud for my tastes, Not open enough!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Vitality Cafe: