Vegan bakery opened May 2013. Makes cakes, cupcakes, tarts, cookies, and pastries. Has fair-trade and organic coffee and tea. Also sells gifts and imported candies. more-less

First Review by Miso Vegan
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Loved it.

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

We made sure to stop here because the description looked interesting.

Spent a total of 5 minutes browsing everything in this cute little shop and ended up blowing like $30 for a few treats we didn't really need.

But the little fruit flan at $7, apart from being insultingly expensive, was just too damn good! I'd do it again no problem. And again. Thank god we don't live close or we'd probably go broke.

It's cute, it's chic and the heavily tattooed guy behind the counter fits in surprisingly well with the delicate decor. The butcher next door is also an interesting touch!

Definitely give this place a go.

Pros: Priceless tarts for $7, Feel French in America
Cons: Must go on payday, else you might not get anything
Shel Graves
Shel Graves

Magical sweets on the Burke-Gilman trail

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

After his first bite of an espresso cupcake my husband exclaimed, "These people are effin' magical!" Although, this bakery specializes in made-to-order cakes and tarts, you can stop into the small shop for the special cupcakes of the day, a chocolate chip or gingersnap cookie, a tart or a selection of chocolates and candies. The chocolate pisa cups are heavenly, too. It's a bit out of the way between University Village and the UW and Seattle Children's hospital, but worth the trip.

Nicely situated along the Burke-Gilman trail where a sign points the way to, "Vegan chocolate!", it possible to stop in for a banana-chocolate cupcake on your way out for a walk and then reward yourself at the end of your journey with the coconut milkshake of the day (chocolate chip mint, perhaps? Mmmm.). It's incredibly sweet and treaty. Decadent, in fact.

Oh, being vegan, it's so hard. I feel so deprived. *giddy giggles*

While it is possible to stop in and pick up a small special cake of the day on a whim (Oh my, rich Black Forest with cherries on top, why I think I shall!), the owners prefer 48 hours notice to make a cake specially for you. These were headed out the door in stacks of three on one Saturday, so they seem to be popular.

Nice to note: I first sampled their wares (lovely lavender cookies!) at the Walk for Farm Animals and then had to investigate further. Have been delighted!

Pros: delicious sweets, trailside parking, cute shop: happy decor & pretty candies
Cons: off the beaten path, next door to Bill the Butcher!, wee space for big cakey goodness
veggieseal
veggieseal

Fancy Vegan Cake!!!

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

I was so glad that Violet opened (close to my house, even!!!) recently. Most treats I've sampled so far have been *really* good, with a minor exception of the lemon cake I ordered for a special occasion - it was good, but the cake itself was a little flavorless.
Try the cookies, they are some of the most amazing vegan cookies I've ever eaten. I thought when I went vegan that I'd never again have shortbread that tasted buttery and crisp...boy was I wrong.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 04, 2013

Pros: Snickerdoodles, Cupcakes, Tasty Espresso
Cons: Small Space, Limited Selection

Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Friend made us go, didn't want us to miss out

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

We were hoping to hit this place on our trip but weren't sure if we'd have time. After meeting our friend at Araya's for lunch, he made such a big deal about this place that he drove us here so we wouldn't miss out. I am glad we didn't! It was super good. I ordered a lavender shortbread cookie that contained real lavender flowers, a few vanilla caramels, and a chocolate berry cup thing. My husband had a lemon cake thing and a chocolate peanut butter cup. All were excellent. The chocolate cups were rich and decadent, and the lavender cookie actually tasted like lavender which is a hard thing to do because its such a subtle flavour that its either lost in the other part of the baking or there is too much and it tastes like soap. The cookie was neither. It was a perfect balance. Also go because the girl behind the counter with the butterfly throat tattoo was adorable and super nice.

Pros: Everything tasted high end and gourmet, Chocolate!, Lavender
Cons: Quite small
Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

Excellent!

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2013

So far I've had cookies, opera cake, cupcakes and mini-loaves from Violet Sweet Shoppe, and all have been delicious. Presentation is always lovely. Prices are standard for hand-made baked goods. I'm so glad they opened in Seattle!

Pros: delicious, friendly
Cons: small (so sometimes runs out of product)

Dear Owner and Manager of Violet Sweet Shoppe: