Large Asian food store. Sells conventional products but also many kinds of vegan products and Asian vegetarian specialties like tofu, tempeh, seitan, vegetarian shrimps and meat, vegetal milk etc. Not 100% vegetarian, they also have meat and dairy products. more-less

First Review by beer and veg
NotBuyingIt!
NotBuyingIt!

Large Asian Markt - Weding

3 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2011

My husband and I live near Vinh-Loi and shop here. They are located in a basement and have a large sign outside of the building that also has an Asian fast food place, a Rossman's and a Lidl. Vinh-Loi has a large selection of tofu and tofu products (including loose tofu), large containers of coconut milk, bulk nuts, dried soy chunks and a large selection of spices. Like any far east grocery, they have a large selection of Asian (as in far east Asia) snack foods. They also have a large frozen section (that I think is all non-veg). They have a few odd British and American products like HP Sauce and Arm&Hammer Baking Soda, as well as other foreign products here and there like P.A.N. (Pre-cooked corn flour/Harina) and Jaggery (palm sugar). They are mainly a Vietnamese grocery. While most items ar usually stocked, they do tend to have some empty places on the shelves. While no one expects customer service from the Vietnamese, If you have a question or need help, it's best to ask one of the girls in the back office as workers appear very busy. They tend to do good business so be prepared for a short wait one the line at the cashier. Overall, I think it is a worthwhile establishment.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 30, 2011

Pros: Large Size, International selection, Tofu selection
Cons: Basement and meat (smell), Hard to get help
beer and veg
beer and veg

My favourite shop

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2011

Put simply, I love Vinh-Loi. There are items there I can't find anywhere else, a lot of items much cheaper than at other stores, a few more expensive, but all-in-all, it's a huge store with lots of fun stuff! Mock meats galore, seasonings of all sorts, exotic fresh produce, fresh tofu and TEMPEH (something I find very difficult to find). From my understanding there are two other branches, located here: - Rheinstr. 45 (on the U9, fairly close to Walter-Schreiber Platz)
- Ansbacher Str. 16 (near Wittenberg Platz)
I have only been to the M├╝llerstrasse one, which is right outside the Seestrasse UBahn station, next to the Lidl. Bank in some extra time, because there really is a lot to look at. If you are missing Chinese foods, this place will make you cry with joy. perhaps. :)

Pros: Huge, great, wide selection, good prices
Cons: not in my neighbourhood, fresh produce not always so fresh

Dear Owner and Manager of Vinh-Loi Asien Supermarkt: