Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a separate vegetarian (mostly vegan) menu and has vegan bubble tea. Relaxed atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by CulinaryDreamer
elenaquin
elenaquin

Enjoyed all my visits

4 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

I'm the only vegetarian in the family, so nice to find a restaurant that has options for all of us. I've ordered the "chicken" chow mein and also the "pork" noodle soup with crisp veggie egg rolls. They were all delicious. The hostess/server has always been extremely friendly. My family has enjoyed their meat dishes too. The staff isn't polished by any means but they seem good-hearted and it's nice to find a veggie friendly place outside of Seattle.

Pros: Large selection of veggie items, Noodle Soups are Excellent, Crispy Eggrolls
Cons: Small parking lot, Little slow
CulinaryDreamer
CulinaryDreamer

FAILing at Veganism, Winning at Vomit

1 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2011

Whats multi-colored, chunky, and tastes awful? Their food coming back up.

Upon sitting down, we were given a regular menu, and a separate vegetarian menu. The waitress (the only one on staff)clearly spoke little English. I had to ask which of the bubble teas were able to be made dairy free 3 times, telling her I get horribly sick from milk before she gave up and got the cook to answer my question. We then ordered from the menu, making sure to say "The VEGAN ___". Our appetizer came, and it looked like real pork. I tugged it, smelled it, and even still I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Nope. Real. Sent it back, and asked the cook to make sure the rest of our order was made vegan. Almost immediately after asking her, 1 of our plates arrived. We asked again, just to clarify, and were assured it was not real beef this time. Being the skeptic, I poked and prodded it. Grizzle. The person I was with tasted it and confirmed it to be beef. When our other plate came (it was a tofu dish so there was no need to ask about this one) we told them the previous was not vegan. Again, we were told that it was. Upon receiving our receipt the cook came out again and apologized, because the dish really wasn't vegan. Issued a refund for it, and send us on our way.

And yes,I really did vomit from their food.

Pros: Fast and friendly service
Cons: EVERYTHING else

Dear Owner and Manager of Pho Vina: