Serves meat, veg options available. Modern Irish cuisine. Sources fruit and vegetable from the local Galway market and Sloe Hill Farm. The head chef, Rachel Lynch, is vegetarian, and the changing menu includes items for vegetarians and vegans. Samples vegan items: spicy bean and vegetable casserole with grilled polenta, smokey butterbeans and greens with basmati rice, puy lentil and vegetable casserole. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Irish, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

MerryBarrios
MerryBarrios

Not bad

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2014

It is a very nice little restaurant which has a few vegan options, or you can veganize some things.

I got a quinoa salad and bean casserole, which I personally didn't find special. I mean, they were not bad, but when you pay so much money for food, I kind of expect something so good that's gonna make me fall off the chair.

Anyway, that is just my personal opinion. You might go and really love it, everyone has their own tastes.

Pros: Location, Vegan options
Cons: Price
GrainneMhaol2014
GrainneMhaol2014

My Most Favourite Spot in Galway

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

My favourite dining spot in Galway!!!I have never been disappointed by the food here which really is a big deal to a vegetarian.
I have mostly stopped dining out due to the lack of options in many restaurants or the poor quality veggie dishes some restaurants feel adequate to serve.
At Vina Mara I have found that there are always plenty of vegetarian options to choose from.The food is exciting, high quality,tastes divine and is always generous in portion size.I also find that it is priced at a very reasonable price for the amazing food you get.I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Pros: Menu Variety, High Quality, Tasty, Balanced food, Reasonably Priced
Chickpea86
Chickpea86

brilliant choice for restaurant

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

always has a good selection of dishes, which are actually balanced, sometimes that's a nice change to alternatives. doesn't focus on the usual 'veggie' ingredients like goats cheese and aubergines. really tasty food here and it's not overpriced for the type of restaurant, considering the large portions. its a must for galway goers.

Pros: great selection, fresh ingredients, fine dining flavour
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Vina Mara: