Village the Soul of India

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of the Village group of themed buffet restaurants. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Saladbar, Non-veg
Level 3, Himalaya Mall, Drive In Road, Memnagar
Ahmedabad, India 380 052

Open Mon-Sun 12-3pm, 7-11pm.

• Reservations required

First Review by negie
sahishunta
sahishunta

Till your tummy surrenders

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

And I finally got a chance to check Village out! Consider it a mortal sin to visit the place if your stomach is not fully empty. Because of the delectable spread and fine Indian cuisine, it better be relished to the fullest. And not to mention how the restaurant does that at quite a decent cost. Entering village on a Saturday night, even as early as 8:00 is not as easy as it sounds. It's mostly crowded and in business already with most tables occupied. We were lucky enough to get the most unwanted seats in the place (weird chairs with seating, right in the middle of the commotion). We humbly accepted those. Then began the gourmet ritual of yummy starters. Village's tagline "till your tummy surrenders" became clear at that point. Everything was excellent. Full stomach and there was still main course waiting for us. The dessert spread had an just fine Moong Dal Halwa and amazing Gulabjamuns, the only two which I was in a condition to taste. village was quite a fulfilling experience. For their family entertainment, my kids rated them perfect. For now, I am avoiding those and heading to this place whenever I want to have a stomach-full of good food.

Pros: Fine Indian cuisine
Cons: Avoid weekends
ankurv180
ankurv180

An experience to be experienced

5 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

Hi.......!!! I would like share my experience of my son's first birthday celebration at village. I searched more than 12 restaurants in list & checked all the restaurants facility. For birthday party every place charges higher than what they normally because of Saturday night. Finally one of my friends told me about village restaurant at Himalaya mall. We went there, wow what a lovely place with large spread of buffet, we were not able to taste all the food & then there was musical entertainment program too. We enjoyed puppet show & Dandia dance, I don't know how to dance dandiya, one of staffs taught me how to dance...... we all enjoyed it. I will be going there again to taste rest of the food varieties which we didn't this time......You guys also try out their awesome place with fun. Its an experience in itself! had been there with family and had a great time... had a blast clicking funny pics in the cellular jail:-) visit it for the ambience n feel of the 'village'. food was good, quite a lot of varieties, garam jalebi is worth mentioning..

Pros: Variety in food and fun
Cons: too crowded
negie
negie

Padharo mahre desh (Welcome to my village)

4 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

Village is a themed, one ticket, vegetarian buffet restaurant. This place is Buzzing full of Activities like folk dances of India such as Dandiya, Garba and lately BOLLYWOOD music. The decor is typical rural (Desi) style . In short it's like a Gaanv ka Mela (An indian village fair)
There is the gola wala (A crushed ice ball coated with sugar syrup), the mehendi wali (Henna maker), the chaat corner (Indian street food), then there is a garba and dandiya (Folk dances)going on. Which is enjoyed by all the guests who have come to dine by moving a leg or two. So one spends initial half hour doing time pass and then when the stomach growls one actually helps himself from buffet counter for their main meal.
Food out here is Decent it's Indian multi cuisine. They have this Unlimited food from buffet a set menu for a fixed price ( i guess its some Rs.400 per person or so). It's a large variety of food displayed on buffet. Food starts with 3-4 varieties of farsaan (appetizers), Live chaat counters (Indian street food), Live dosa counter (Rice crispy pancake), 3-4 vegetarian curries (dry and gravy), Live Tava (Hot Plate) counter with paav bhaji, khichdi kadi, khichiya, rajastani dal bati, gatte ki sabzi , desserts were icecreams, kheer (Rice pudding),Gulab jamuns (Deep fried reduced milk dumplings).
Overall the ambiance is very festive and feel good kinda.

Pros: A fun place
Cons: Loud music at times

Dear Owner and Manager of Village the Soul of India: