Viet Kitchen

Serves meat, veg options available. Small Vietnamese food place. Besides the meat stuff, the take-out menu has a small vegetable/vegetarian section with 6 items - you have to ask for it. Kitchen will make a dish vegan by request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Vietnamese, Take-out, Non-veg
20235 N Cave Creek Rd (Loop 101 Fwy)
Phoenix, Arizona 85024
602-788-5535

First Review by veglovr
veglovr
veglovr

Best Vegan Pho Soup in Arizona

4 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2012

I discovered this restaurant by chance before it was on Happy Cow, and I ordered the pho soup with a vegetable broth, veggies, and tofu. The staff is always friendly and accommodating and will make any dish on their menu vegan by request. I recommend ordering the pho soup which has a subtle but very tasty Chinese-five-spice vegetable broth, broccoli, carrots, onions, cauliflower, and vermicelli noodles. The flavors are very fresh, and they never over-cook their vegetables. They bring a nice plate of Vietnamese mint, fresh jalapeno, and bean sprouts to the table for you to add to your soup. Every time I eat this soup, I feel amazing afterwards. Another one of my favorites is the tofu tomatoes dish. This dish, like the pho soup, is really fresh tasting. It has a tangy (lemony) base and is served with tofu and rice. Who would have thought that something as simple as tomatoes and tofu could taste so delectable! Ask for the vegetarian menu to see other dishes. Meat eaters have a very nice selection. The pho soup may be gluten free because I believe the vermicelli noodles are rice but do not take my word for it. You can also order young thai coconuts to drink. Everything on the menu is less than $10. Nice atmosphere, but the giant tv is a bit distracting and the chairs are uncomfortable.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, great value
Cons: uncomfortable chairs

Dear Owner and Manager of Viet Kitchen: