Vienna Espresso Bar and Bakery

Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee house. Usually has a vegan dessert and vegan bread but call to check. You could choose the make-your-own sandwich. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Bakery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Sprout
vivavegan23
vivavegan23

Poor food and drinks

1 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

I went here once while I was a vegetarian. Their menu is limited. Their coffee drinks are poor quality; they tastes like they were store bought instant coffee drinks rather than coffee house quality. The food was also poor quality like others have mentioned. However, I have not had their baked goods. I would not recommend going here to eat or have coffee.

happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes!

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

The vegan chocolate cupcakes at Vienna are 5 Cows. These sugary delights are flying under the radar and not getting the press they deserve. Dare I say, they are better than the cupcakes at Fritz Pastry in Chicago, better than Babycakes cupcakes and tied with the cupcakes at Raphsodic vegan bakery in Orlando. I also tried their vegan pumpkin bread which was fantastic.

This seems like one of those wonderful cafes that you can come with a laptop or a book and just hang out as long as you want. Totally laid back atmosphere inside.

To be honest, the sandwich my parter had and the hummus and pita bread I had were just "meh". The pita bread tasted like it was warmed up in a mircowave and the olives on it tasted like cheap canned black olives. So I wouldn't come here for the food. Now, I've only been here twice so it's possible they have a killer sandwich on the menu I just haven't discovered yet. First impressions are that the real stand-outs at this place are the vegan baked goods and stay-a-while vibe.

Sprout
Sprout

Not my favorite, but ok

2 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

Vienna only somewhat recently started offering soy milk as an option, which was surprising because they used to offer several vegan desserts and bread. Better late than never I guess. The menu is substantially smaller than it used to be. They tend to always have a vegan pumpkin bread and/or vegan cookie option. Sometimes a vegan dessert, but not as often now as in times past. The have a new bread with spreads food option, but I'm not sure if any of them are vegan. Vegetarians will fare better here than vegans. Their coffee drinks are ok at best, but the chai (spiced chai is vegan) is typically very good. The atmosphere can be nice, and the crowd is diverse, which is a plus. I only go here every once in a great while to mix things up.

Pros: soy milk, spiced chai , some vegan baked goods
Cons: not enough vegan options, coffee drinks not great

Dear Owner and Manager of Vienna Espresso Bar and Bakery: