Vienna Espresso Bar and Bakery

Serves meat, veg options available. Coffee house. Usually has a vegan dessert and vegan bread but call to check. You could choose the make-your-own sandwich. Open Mon-Sun 24/7. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, American, Bakery, Take-out, Non-veg
208 South St Ste A (Chauncey Hill)
West Lafayette, Indiana 47906
765-743-4446

First Review by Sprout
Marsha48
Marsha48

Vegan desserts and non-dairy milks for drinks

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2015

They didn't really have any food options, but they do have vegan desserts which are hard to come by in this town. Got a delicious (and giant!) vegan cupcake, and also some vegan banana bread on the two occasions I've been there. You can add non-dairy milk to coffee or tea. Unfortunately their Chai is not vegan (powdered milk in the mix). And you have to call ahead to make sure they have vegan dessert that day if that is what you're really going for.

Cons: Could have more vegan options
bill_watson
bill_watson

Area must

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2014

I did not try this place out for quite some time due to the reviews and the few times I called, I was told they didn't have anything vegan. Finally just went in one day after having given up on the place and they had numerous vegan options including truly fantastic cupcakes. The various banana and other breads can be a little on the dry side but otherwise are pretty good. They have soy for the drinks also, and some veggie and hummus sandwiches, but the vegan cupcakes are gorgeous and out of this world.

Pros: cupcakes, soy alternative for drinks, atmosphere - wifi
vivavegan23
vivavegan23

Poor food and drinks

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

I went here once while I was a vegetarian. Their menu is limited. Their coffee drinks are poor quality; they tastes like they were store bought instant coffee drinks rather than coffee house quality. The food was also poor quality like others have mentioned. However, I have not had their baked goods. I would not recommend going here to eat or have coffee.

happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes!

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

The vegan chocolate cupcakes at Vienna are 5 Cows. These sugary delights are flying under the radar and not getting the press they deserve. Dare I say, they are better than the cupcakes at Fritz Pastry in Chicago, better than Babycakes cupcakes and tied with the cupcakes at Raphsodic vegan bakery in Orlando. I also tried their vegan pumpkin bread which was fantastic.

This seems like one of those wonderful cafes that you can come with a laptop or a book and just hang out as long as you want. Totally laid back atmosphere inside.

To be honest, the sandwich my parter had and the hummus and pita bread I had were just "meh". The pita bread tasted like it was warmed up in a mircowave and the olives on it tasted like cheap canned black olives. So I wouldn't come here for the food. Now, I've only been here twice so it's possible they have a killer sandwich on the menu I just haven't discovered yet. First impressions are that the real stand-outs at this place are the vegan baked goods and stay-a-while vibe.

Sprout
Sprout

Not my favorite, but ok

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

Vienna only somewhat recently started offering soy milk as an option, which was surprising because they used to offer several vegan desserts and bread. Better late than never I guess. The menu is substantially smaller than it used to be. They tend to always have a vegan pumpkin bread and/or vegan cookie option. Sometimes a vegan dessert, but not as often now as in times past. The have a new bread with spreads food option, but I'm not sure if any of them are vegan. Vegetarians will fare better here than vegans. Their coffee drinks are ok at best, but the chai (spiced chai is vegan) is typically very good. The atmosphere can be nice, and the crowd is diverse, which is a plus. I only go here every once in a great while to mix things up.

Pros: soy milk, spiced chai , some vegan baked goods
Cons: not enough vegan options, coffee drinks not great

Dear Owner and Manager of Vienna Espresso Bar and Bakery: