An organized shop selling a varied range of products, some vegan food stuff like Tofurkey and vegan cheese. more-less
Carr PR 3 KM 82.5

Jamie Roberts
Jamie Roberts

Vegan Choices in an Exceptionally Non-Vegan Area

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2012

I'd been warned that in Puerto Rico, dining was all about meat (and eggs and dairy) and I wondered if I'd be living on tostones for my week of vacation there. Then I noticed Vidamax, a health food store in a Humacao shopping center. How excited I was to find Tofurky products, Earth Balance, vegan cheese, hummus and other foods I was able to enjoy. The owner is gentlemanly, young and enthusiastic about bringing vegan fare to his store. He asked for suggestions to widen his stock. If you're in the area - or heading there - give him a call. Vidamax made the culinary part of my trip much easier.

Pros: Vegan groceries, Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Vidamax: