Natural food restaurant. Located close to the corner of Gregorio Escobedo and Los Laureles/Rio de Janiero in the San Felipe nieghborhood. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Peruvian, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery
Edificio los Laureles 104, Resid. San Felipe-Jesús Maria (Alt. Cdra. 6 Gregorio Escobedo frente a la cli­nica San Felipe)
Lima, Peru

Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm

First Review by GabyMi
maynard7
maynard7

Very good food here

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2014

I had never been to this part of Lima before, but I like this neighborhood. It's a place where people work and live, and it's a nice change from touristy Miraflores and the historic center.

The restaurant doesn't have a sign out front... just a "104" above the doorway. It's on the ground floor of what appears to be an apartment building, set back from the street, roughly across the street from Clinica San Felipe.

They have two "meals of the day"... one is 10 soles, and the other is 12 soles. It seems the 12 soles meal comes with more elaborate items. I thought I was ordering the 10 soles plate but they charged me 12... no big deal, but next time I go, I will confirm the price of what I ordered.

As usual in Peru, the meal of the day comes with the starter plate (today it was either soup, salad, squash pie), and the main plate had 2 items on it (today it was tofu stir fry with veggies). They do use eggs and milk here in some items.

I found the food to be quite good, and would give them 4 cows for being above average, compared to other places I've been in Lima. I got there at 230pm, and they still had all the items available on the menu of the day. They are open until 900pm Monday-Saturday, but as the day goes on, fewer items will be available to choose from. They are one of the few places open on Sunday. The only downside is that the service isn't very friendly (but at least it isn't unfriendly). They actually have two other restaurants by the same name in the historic center on Jiron Camana, but I will not add them to Happy Cow because they were absolutely unfriendly and I would never send anybody there.

At the shopping center next door, there are several internet places, a big grocery store, and a self-service laundry, among other things.

To get here from Miraflores, just wait at the bus stop in front of Saga Falabella department store at the corner of Arequipa & Pardo. Take the bus OM-18. He will go down Pardo, bear right on Ejercito, right on Salaverry, left on Sanchez Carrion. Get off on Sanchez Carrion at the first traffic light (Gregorio Escobedo) and walk to the right for about 5 minutes. The fare is one sol.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 29, 2014

Pros: Lots of choices on the meal of the day, Nice location with other businesses near, Flavors good
Cons: A bit of an effort to get there on bus, Service impersonal and never happy
GabyMi
GabyMi

Buena comida y servicio

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

el servicio es rapido y la comida muy rica

Pros: nice vibe, friendly staff, good foof

Dear Owner and Manager of Vida Sana: