Vegan restaurant on the beach featuring an all raw food menu in a addition to smoothies, fresh juices, cold and warm beverages. Prices from moderate to slightly expensive. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, All Raw, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out
120 8th Ave
St Pete Beach, Florida 33706
727-289-7164

Open Mon 11am-7pm, Tue 11am-2pm, Wed-Thur 11am-8pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by keyroo
Destinyveganchild
Destinyveganchild

Amazing times a mil

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Can't say enough how good the food is here!! From the smoothies,to raw tacos, to delicious sushi, to decadent deserts I can't get enough. Even non vegetarians that I brought loved the all raw menu! Great find.

Pros: friendly staff, good prices, large servings
Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

So Delicious!

5 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

What a fabulous find! Thank you once again, Happy Cow Community for not steering me wrong. I went out of my way to find this place yesterday and it was well worth it. Charming little cafe-ilke atmosphere just off the beach. I sat by a table near the window and was waited on by a very sweet woman who told me in complete earnest that everything on the menu was super-tasty. I decided to go with a half-caesar salad and half-order of gnocchi. I wish I knew what kind of voodoo they used to create such incredibly luscious and creamy gnocchi but they were to die for. They came covered with a blanket of baby spinach and wading in a light sea of mushroom sauce that was rich and hearty. The half order filled me up with no problem - I can't even imagine what the full order is like! The caesar salad was crunchy and delicious. The only thing I didn't like was the eggplant "bacon" and I think that is just personal taste. The chewy texture was not for me.

Despite being incredibly full, I managed to squeeze in a Horchata smoothie which was the perfect blend of creamy-delicious, and delicate-spice. Tinted slightly green from the healthy addition of some spinach, it left me feeling charged, not heavy like a real milk shake would.

Since I was just passing through I took home a half-order of "crab" cakes which I had for breakfast this morning. That was hours ago and I still feel fabulously nourished. The cake (one sizable one in the half-order) was slightly chewy and deliciously flavored and the dill sauce it came with was so creamy, light, and refreshing I think I could have drank a glass of it! The side salad was of mixed greens with apples, avocado, and dehydrated onion flakes. Wow is all I can say. It came with a tart balsamic dressing that bit the back of my throat in that good way only balsamic can and it was a nice paring with the sweetness of the apples.

I highly recommend this place, and the neighborhood around it is fun to walk in. When I finished my meal I hung out and took photographs of pelicans in the bay. The only downside for this vegan is a large number of fishers in the area, but there were places to be away from them. If you have the chance, be sure to visit this gem in St. Pete's!

Pros: Wonderful food, Great atmosphere, Lovely staff
ozmangolfer
ozmangolfer
  • raw

Great spot right next to beach!!

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

Great meal, Great service, and great atmosphere.. Cannot stress how much food tastes better when prepared with LOVE!! Would visit this place as often as I could if I was a local

Diana G.
Diana G.

Made our vacation perfect!

5 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

My husband and I ate here everyday that we were on vacation at the beach. This is the most wonderful food that either of us has ever eaten and, as I am writing this a month after our visit, since eating here we have continued to eat "raw" and even taking an intensive weekend course to learn how to prepare raw food at home...it was a real "life changer" for us...the owner should be very proud of her efforts. We plan to spend our next vacation at the beach and eating at Vida de Cafe!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

smc305
smc305

Great Experience!

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2012

The restaurant is very clean, nice atmosphere, good music. The food that I ordered was great. I had the Apple Salad with the homemade balsamic. The dressing was AWESOME, I love balsamic and this one is now my new favorite. My main dish was the Spicy Pad Thai. Had just enough spice to it and was very refreshing, I felt full but not disgusting like I usually do after "real" Pad Thai. I got to meet the owner who is very kind and chill. Oh and the waitress was courteous and efficient. I will definitely be coming back!

Pros: Food, Music, Employees
Cons: Cant come everyday
Nicki
Nicki

Amazing food at the beach

5 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2011

The food at Vida de Cafe was delicious. Unfortunately they opened late while people waited outside, which apparently happens often. But if you're not on a schedule, the food is worth the wait!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly service, Outdoor seating
Cons: Opens late
keyroo
keyroo
  • raw

FABULOUS!!!!

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2010

This place is a MUST for any and all raw foodists, vegans, vegetarians, and foodies alike!

Wow! A raw-food restaurant on St Pete Beach that is truly a little piece of heaven! I had the Mocha - YUM! It was creamy with just a little bit of sweetness. It is a wonderful alternative to the syrupy sweet coffee drinks served elsewhere. I had the Barley Chili and the Ceasar side salad. The chili was rich and very filling. I tend to like my "hot" foods with a little more spice but I didn't really miss it. The sour cream was more dill-based, but I think that only added to the flavor. The onion bread was a nice accompaniment and sturdy enough to hold heaping scoopfuls of the chili. The ceasar side salad was huge! I loved the parmesan "cheese" and the garlic croutons and "bacon" bits were a nice and flavorful touch, but I would've cut down the size of the bacon as it was more like strips than bits. Other dishes that were sampled by the group were: Mini Tacos (which aren't so mini!), Spicy Pad Thai, Crab Cakes, Apple and Avocodo Salad, Chocolate and Banana Smoothie, and Fudge Brownie with Choco Chip Ice Kream (DELISH!). The only regret I have is that I only sampled a few items but I look forward to my next visit (and my next, and my next!)

Pros: excellent food, good portions, friendly staff
Cons: pricy, small space, limited free parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Vida De Cafe: