Pronounced "vee-gee," this is a fast-casual vegan restaurant, opened in Apr 2012. Serves in-house made soups, sandwiches, and salads. Uses fresh and organic whenever possible and is eco-friendly. No additives, refined grains or sugars, frying or canned. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Organic, Kosher, Fast food, Take-out
845 W Lancaster Ave (S Bryn Mawr Ave)
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania 19010

veganjess15
veganjess15

AMAZING

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

i went in here and the atmosphere was great the food was great the employees were great everything was great i enjoyed a sit down lunch with my mom. it was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. of all the vegan places I've gone this is by far my favorite. i must go for vegans and non vegans.

Pros: inexpensive, great 100% vegan food, great atmosphere: big place
Cons: none!
ecogeek
ecogeek

Delicious Reuben

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

Stopped into Vge Cafe at 8:15pm on a thursday night when the staff was getting ready to close. They graciously offerred to make us anything on the menu and we treated ourselves to reuben sandwiches. These were excellent. We topped them off with the chocolate peanut butter cake. Will go back when we are in town again. The place was neat, clean and comfortable.

Pros: varied menu, reasonable pricing, eco conscious
s144799
s144799

Now solely veg place in Main Line but food just ok

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

Now there is a veg only restaurant in the Main Line and don't have to drive to Philly all the time. They focus on healthy food that also is not bad for the enviornment (uses eco-friendly silverware and plates, bowls, etc). They also serve Vegan Treats desserts who makes AMAZING vegan desserts which I love because they are convenient and don't have to drive to Center City or Bethlehem where the bakery is to get them. My favorite is the cheesecake, and YES, it is 100% vegan.

Their actual food isn't my top favorite place to eat. However, the foods I really enjoy there are some of the soups (they do a great job in making "cream of" soups taste creamy and also vegan at the same time) and the tofu scramble wrap (sorry, only made on Sundays; not any other day).

Their entrees are okay. My favorite is the cheesesteak wrap. I would not recommend their salads.

Most of their food is made in a health-conscious way. They serve "cream of kale" soup sometimes, which is really good. Just be aware that the cheese on the sandwiches and the desserts are nowhere near health food even though they advertise as being a health restaurant. Veg food can be bad like non-veg food too.

Pros: Only veg restaurant on Main Line, Has Vegan Treats desserts, Friendly owner
Cons: Some food just okay or bad, Some foods not health foods

serosenberg
serosenberg

Much needed vegan spot on the Main Line

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2012

I wish Vge had been around when I lived on the Main Line! There is nothing else like it anywhere in the area. An all-vegan counter-service cafe with an appealing menu, a nice clean area for dining in and super yummy vegan treats.

I sampled a good handful of their menu items on a visit with my family. We shared a Tofu Banh Mi, a BBQ Seitan sandwich, a Falafel wrap and a Ceasar Salad. Of the three sandwiches, my favorite was the Banh Mi. The tofu could have been spicier, but it was a lovely blend of savory baked tofu, cool crunchy veggies and a tango aioli on a slightly sweet multi-grain roll from Le Bus. I bet their Sea Salad Sandwich is really good too, because I had a taste of their chickpea-based mock tuna and it was phenomenal. The Ceasar was excellent, thanks to a superior dressing, and you can't go wrong with a peanut butter bomb! The other thing that was really nice and unusual was their "New Hope" soda fountain. I had a fizzy glass of huckleberry heaven and tasted the refreshing Italian lemon as well.

What a treat to go to a restaurant where everything tastes healthy, wholesome and prepared with care!

Pros: all vegan, healthy, New Hope soda fountain!
vedgehead
vedgehead

Great vegan on the Main Line

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

Vge is an awesome new cafe on Lancaster Ave. My wife works close by and we have been there about six times and it has always been great. They have salads,wraps,soups,and veggie
burgers. We are working our way through the menu and we are really pleased with everything. This cafe is a must for any vegan but meat eaters will also love it.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, great value
dara
dara

Win-Win: Very Delicious and Very Healthful

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

The restaurant is clean, bright, and comfortable. The menu has a great selection of various vegan soups, salads, and sandwiches. The price point is very inexpensive considering the quality of the ingredients and the food. The service was prompt and timely.

Now to the most important part: the food....

My dining companion and I shared a Creamy Cauliflower soup, Baked Falafel Salad, Cheesesteakless With Vge Sandwich, and Vge Burger Sandwich. All were delectable! It's hard to believe that nothing is fried because the baked falafel and vge burger were both moist with wonderful flavors and texture. We really loved all the items we ate. My (meat-eating) companion and I left the restaurant feeling full, satisfied, and thrilled to have found food that is extremely healthful and extremely delicious. We grabbed some cupcakes to-go and look forward to our next trip there!

Pros: Taste of Food, Quality Ingredients,
Midori
Midori

Affordable vegan cafe in Bryn Mawr

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

Really, that's enough to recommend this place: the only vegan restaurant in town, and a good value, as well. Vge is clean, bright, and casual, with personable staff and a reasonably varied menu of salads and sandwiches. I ordered the banh mi, which was good as long as I thought of it as a European tofu sandwich, and not as the usual Philly rendition of the Vietnamese hoagie. It was served on a grain-topped hoagie roll that was spread with dill-flavored vegan mayonaise, and it contained no spice. It was the kind of thing I'd be happy to stumble across in a European city, though I like the usual Vietnamese kind better. I plan to return to see what the European spin on a seitan cheesesteak is like.

Pros: freshness, service, cleanliness

Dear Owner and Manager of Vge Cafe: