A small gourmet restaurant located besides the Uniandinos association. Offers a single varying lunch each day plus a fixed menu. Everything is vegan by default, and if you want cheese you can ask for it in the few dishes that offer that option. Chef speaks English. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Colombian, Catering, Take-out

First Review by Stevie
Stevie
Stevie

VG-Tal, Bogota

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

I rolled in here for a late lunch today. I am so happy with what I had that I ordered a take away to have for dinner tonight.

This is a cosy little cafe run by the head chef and 3 other staff (going by today). The chef is called Lionel and he speaks some not bad English (he is learning part time).

I asked what on the menu is vegan and was told everything (yay). Everything on there sounded good so I let them give me a recommentation. I was given tomato as the soup (the other was miso) and then this quino burger dressed with tahini sauce served with chipped potatoes. It was excellent I am very pleased with it. I asked for a recommendation for take away for dinner tonight. I'm quite impressed with the professionalisn of his answer, namely I was asked if I would be reheating or just eating cold (i'm having it cold). I've been given the tacos.

Everyone who worked there seemed very nice.

As well as this I also had a mango juice to drink. All ends up it wss 44 500 Columbian pesos. I bet there's plenty cheaper to be had around Bogota. For all vegan options all over the menu and the quality of the cooking. I was happy to pay that and tip of course as well.

Pros: Mega vegan friendly, Great food
Cons: Closed evenings & Sundays

Dear Owner and Manager of VG-Tal: