Offers different falafel based meals, including falafel shwarmas, falafel salad boxes, and falafel burgers. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Middle Eastern, Salad bar, Fast food, Take-out

Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-4:00am, Sun 11:30am-11:00pm

First Review by emhughes
cookiem
cookiem

Decent food but great people

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

When you walk to this eatery, it's nestled among some crazier establishments, but you know this is worth the veg trip because everything is vegetarian. However, it's not all vegan. That's ok, because they label what is not vegan!

The decor is simple and cozy - cute little fish on the front wall! I like the large painting that says "free falafel" (yes please?). The staff are friendly and attend to your needs immediately.

What to choose from? So many options, but, really, it's going to have falafel and toppings, so it's not that hard a choice - just whether you want some wheat or not. Personally, I love the salad box, because…. the toppings are much tastier than the bread product wrapping of the good stuff. Skip it if you want more frenzied falafel toppings overflowing with goodness.

Ok, here's the problem though - the toppings are just not as flavorful as they could be. Either they need more onions, garlic, spices/ herbs or even salt/ oil/ sugar, but really, I'd just like more herbs and onions and garlic. Is that greedy of my palate? Perhaps, but, it's truly the reasoning behind why I just can't give them more than 3 cows. That is the primary reason, but also…. the falafel texture does not please my palate nor do the fries. I appreciate the fresh potato flavor, but I prefer my fries double fried, frite style.

At the end of it all, I will go here in Dupont if I want to feel safe and happy about vegan eating, as I feel that there aren't enough veg*n supportive eateries in this area. Having a few veg*n choices (like pasta or iceberg/romaine lettuce salad) does not really sound supportive to me… So, go for the veg*n security and support this cute business!

Pros: Staff = friendly & attentive, Veg*n supportive, All vegetarian
Cons: A bit pricey, Needs more herbs/ spices, Not as crisp as my palate prefers
Seth Schoen
Seth Schoen

Terrific falafel

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2014

This was some of the best falafel I've ever had. I got the falafel shawarma, which was a completely customized falafel sandwich with toppings I picked out from the bar (I focused on spicy stuff), cooked into a tidy and scrumptious sandwich by the owner.

It's not fancy, but it's delicious.

donovan1983
donovan1983

Great Small Falafel Place

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

I did have to stand there for a couple minutes before I was greeted, otherwise service was good. I got the falafel salad box. The falafel was cooked fresh and was simply great. Not overcooked like so many places do. There were a good variety of items at the salad bar and all looked fresh and the plethora of items I got all tasted great. I'd definitely come back again.

Pros: Falafel Cooked Perfectly, Freshness, Variety Of Salad Items

Veganwithavengance
Veganwithavengance

Falafel Shawarma equals WIN!

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

Delicious food at decent prices with extra super friendly service. I had been past that place several times but never thought to go in and then one night around midnight my friends and I were rather hungry so we found they were open so we went in.(after lamenting on the closure of Maoz) Inquired about this "falafel shawarma" and heard it was falafel plus whatever toppings you can fit in the bowl (the standard falafel stuff plus some ones I had never had which were delicious) than it was wrapped up and grilled...'OLY MOLY it was delicious plus it comes with a bit of hummus and baba ganoush on the side so that never hurts. We also picked up some fries and they are really delicious as well, real potatoes with some skin but cut like thicker shoestrings and than well seasoned and so good.

So we are sitting there and chatting decided to get some of their vegan rice pudding, and other hit and win and the guy offered us free hot tea. It almost felt like you were at home except probably better falafel (and made to order as well not fried and refried)

I have been back and the guy remembered me and that I was vegan and ordered the same thing because while I want to try their falafel burger and other stuff but the shawarma is just too addictive.

Amsterdam Falafel in Adams Morgan will always have a special place in my heart but V Falafel is pretty damn high on the list : )

Pros: delicious, super friendly service , open really late
Cons: they do serve some non-vegan stuff
emhughes
emhughes

A great find!

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2011

I highly recommend this very friendly establishment which has excellent falaffels and a great salad bar to choose your toppings from. There are vegan options including a tasty vegan rice pudding dessert. Overall there is a simple, straight forward menu, it is reasonably priced. There are some tables for those who want to eat in and there is a fresh, pleasant decor. Open Sun-Thurs. 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat. 11am-4am.

Pros: great food, very friendly staff, a really pleasant place

Dear Owner and Manager of vfalafel: