Vesuvius Wood Fired Pizza

Serves meat, veg options available. Order at the counter pizzeria. Pizzas are handmade in front of you. Ask for the vegan cheese and vegan meat substitutes. The sauce and dough are supposed to be vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1620 S Kellogg
Ames, Iowa 50010
515-233-7183

Open Mon-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-8pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by sarahjane
hclark
hclark

All around excellent

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2011

Enjoyed an excellent vegan pizza at Vesuvius. Service was quick and friendly, prices reasonable, and they even went out of their way to cut our pizza with a different cutter without us asking. :-)

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, Daiya cheese
ChouDij
ChouDij

delicious veg pizza

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2011

enjoyed a no-cheese veg pizza - just asked for extra sauce. perfect vegan option!

sarahjane
sarahjane

Daiya vegan pizza

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2010

The vegan pizza options aren't listed on the menu, but they have Daiya vegan cheese available. I've heard they have vegan meats but haven't ordered them so I don't know what brand they use.

I usually order the #5 pizza with vegan cheese. Everytime I've eaten there, I've left happy. The service is fast and friendly. I've never had a mix-up with my order. The pizza crust is the best part, though. It's delicious. It is quite salty (they coat the crust with salt water before baking) which I really like, but if you wanted you could ask them not to salt it.

Pros: Awesome crust, Fast service, Daiya Cheese

Dear Owner and Manager of Vesuvius Wood Fired Pizza: