VeStation Urban Organic Kit...

Modern Thai food restaurant with an all vegan food menu that includes raw salads, Thai salads, a variety of noodle, vegetable, and curry dishes. Offers a bargain weekday lunch menu. Uses fresh veggies and some healthy ingredients like buckwheat noodle and quinoa. Located inside Sherman Oaks Town Center Shopping Center strip mall by the Healthy Discount shop. Has parking lot. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Thai, Asian, Take-out
14435 Ventura Blvd (Van Nuys Blvd)
Sherman Oaks, California 91423

AlessandraTaryn
AlessandraTaryn

THE BEST THAI VEGAN

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

I'll say this again & again: this is the best vegan Thai restaurant out there!! Their Buddha Rolls are the BESTTT fresh rolls in LA, all their curries are amazing, the raw kale salad to die for, vegetable medley healthy light & delicious, I could eat their coconut soup forever, and their fried rices are top notch (my fave is the pineapple). You know you're eating at a clean restaurant with this one, SOOO good!!

earthville
earthville

Exceptional! A great find!

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

As others here have noted, VeStation is not your ordinary LA Thai veg*n joint. It's a few notches up in quality of ingredients and creativity. The usual Thai staples are on the menu, but so are several more inventive and uncommon dishes. But what really sets it apart from the pack is the quality of ingredients, with local organic veggies featuring prominently.

We very much enjoyed the soy satay, the drunken noodles, and the curry. They make a tasty vegan Thai iced tea as well (better without the ice, in our opinion).

Our server was extraordinarily warm and attentive, adding to a great experience.

If you're in the area, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Pros: Delicious, inventive, vegan Thai, Organic and healthy, Great service
CaralieWegeng
CaralieWegeng

Birthday Dinner

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for my birthday dinner back in October. The place is small and cozy, and our waitress was very kind! The food was very yummy and fresh. I had quite a few dishes but the ones that seem to stand out most to me right now were the gyoza, soy satay, pad see ew. I can't forget the coconut juice which is served straight out of a coconut. Sooo to die for! At the end of our meal, 2 of the waitresses sang me happy birthday and gave me coconut ice cream which happens to be my favorite ice cream. Overall, I had a very pleasant experience and I would visit again. :)

Pros: kind waitress, fresh, tasty, and healthy food, comforting atmosphere
Cons: Didn't like flavor of soy steak

Traveling gal
Traveling gal

Yummy

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

had a lovely meal here. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating since I have certain dietary restrictions. Parking can be tough in the strip mall, but if you park in the lot behind the restaurant, across the street, it's just a short walk.

My only gripe is that I asked to make sure the roti did not have any oil, and they assured me it didn't, but it was rather greasy. Perhaps just a misunderstanding on their part.

4 of us were there and everything we had was delish, especially the soup.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, small but nice ambience
deetsgooch
deetsgooch

Fresh and delicious

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

It's a small, quiet place in a strip mall. My kids and I ordered 3 dishes and two appetizers and shared everything. All the food we ordered tasted freshly prepared and was cooked and seasoned perfectly. I will go back again next time I'm in the area.

Pros: Clean, tasted homemade, good-sized portions
Cons: a little pricey, small dining area
dancingvegan
dancingvegan

Flavorful

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2013

I went here for lunch recently. I circled the parking lot two times before parking across Moorpark St in the lot of a large shopping center.

My waitperson, Laura, gave attentive service.

They offer a lunch special from 11am-3pm Mon-Fri. The menu does not state that you can add a salad for $2.00 to the items you choose from the specials' list. I had the quinoa sticks, veggie dumplings and small salad; all were tasty and prices were reasonable. To me, it was just average; nothing really spectacular.

Their green sign was very noticeable, so it's easy to find. The restaurant itself is a bit small and basic. I am not really looking to go back there, but if in the area and hungry, will stop by.

Pros: Good service, Easy to find
Cons: Parking
Chia
Chia

Tasty Vegan Thai Food

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

Had heard about this place on HappyCow, and came by with a friend for lunch this week. Here's my VeStation restaurant review.

It's a nicely designed space that's modern with clean lines. The menu is mostly Thai food (all vegan) with some non-Thai ingredients like quinoa, buckwheat, and raw kale. It doesn't include the American veggie burgers & wraps offering that all the other Thai vegan places in the LA area offers.

From the menu my friend and I shared:
1. the fried quinoa sticks, which are fried spring rolls but with quinoa filling - tasty, $7
2. papaya salad, pretty good, not spicy (we would have like a bit more spicy), $9
3. the veggie tempura salad, which was fried pieces of assorted vegetable place on top of some baby greens and with a salted dressing poured over, yummy fried veggies, $10
4. the fusion spice noodle with faux beef (your choice of faux meat or tofu), which was tasty, a bit spicy, $12

Overall, the food presentation is colorful and attractive. The space is nice. The prices, though, seem a bit higher than what I would expect, but they do use organic veggies.

On weekdays, there is a lunch menu with lower prices, so it may be a good time to come for the bargain meals.

Pros: good menu variety, nice space, friendly service
kglaguna
kglaguna

Hidden Vegan Gem!!

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

This place is fairly new & tucked in a busy shopping center. It's definitely worth a stop. Their service is good, food is excellent. Perfect lunch w/quick service. I love the quinoa rolls & Buddha rolls on appetizer menu....

Pros: Tasty food, Good service, Quick service
Cons: Busy parking lot
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Amazing new organic vegan restaurant!

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2012

Don't think this is another Thai restaurant, its clean/fresh and brand new. You can get lovely healthy rice/quinoa bowls. The soup was miso today and it was delishous and only $2one added to my vegetable medly bowl. Wondferful waitresses took my oil-free custom order to perfection. The thai iced tea was superb. Can't wait to come back! The produce is extremely high quality.

Pros: veggie, modern, new

Dear Owner and Manager of VeStation Urban Organic Kitchen: