Offers falafel wraps, plates, and fusion cuisine. Moved to this location in 2014; closed its shop at Nogata Bunka Market in 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Middle Eastern, Japanese, Fusion, Beer/Wine, Take-out
166-0003 Tokyo-to, Suginami-ku, Koenjiminami, 2 Chome-15-18
Tokyo, Japan
03-59298998
Closed now

Mon 12:00pm-4:00pm, Wed-Fri 12:00pm-4:00pm, 6:00pm-11:30pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by jon active
Dominika87
Dominika87

Best vegan restaurant in Tokyo or maybe even Japan

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2015

I just fell in love with this place. The food is delicious, the prices are low, the ambient is just perfect. It is cosy and feels just so familiar, I almost din't want to leave :D
They also have a wide selection of beers, try at least one!
I ordered the B set, which consisted of 4 falafels, different veggies, 3 dips, half a pita bread, a soup and cake for dessert. Everything was delicious.
I will be definitely coming back here many times :)

Pros: Ambient, Low prices, Delicious food
FangedHare
FangedHare
  • raw

Absolute BEST falafel spot in Tokyo

Posted on 11 / 26 / 2014

I was meaning to try this place for a long while now, and now that I have, I'm sorry I waited so long. Unfortunately it also means that I now can't relate to all the endless hype over Kuumba du Falafel (which I have visited several times, and also reviewed)...Vespera is so infinitely better that there is just no comparison.

The dishes are absolutely perfect here...super-fresh delicious vegetables, great hummus, and the falafels themselves are wonderful, and I found them less heavily fried than most other falafel places. But aside from falafel, they also serve other dishes, like vegan Pad Thai, which I also found amazingly good. The prices are also very reasonable.

The atmosphere is also one of the nicest I've encountered at any vegan place anywhere in Japan...spacious, warm and cozy, with a mix of tables and tatami seating, nice music, and just a gentle vibe...perfect for taking someone in the evening. I love the feeling here. (This again, comparing to Kuumba...NO comparison.)

They also have menus (and service) in English, and the staff is very nice. And the location is also easy to get to, in Koenji, one of my absolute favourite neighbourhoods.

I didn't expect it before I went, but Vespera's is easily 5 stars and has become one of my favourites...without a doubt the best falafel place in Tokyo, and one of the best veg restaurants in Japan. I don't often say this but Vespara is all but perfect, and totally worth going out of one's way for. I can't recommend it enough.

Pros: Fantastic food, Wonderful atmosphere
Aya
Aya

Cozy place, yummy food

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

It's a lovely place, very cozy, the atmosphere is nice. Portions are generous, the prices can't be beaten.

However, for some reason we were not given English menus when we came, so ordering was stressful. I thought they had no English menus, but other customers got them as soon as they entered.

But in general, it's a very nice place. Can't wait to go there again.

Pros: Yummy food, Nice atmosphere, Very good prices, large portions
Cons: They also sell packaged food but there's, palm oil in soaps and powdered curries

medus
medus

Very recommended

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2014

A cozy restaurant with delicious falafel, soy-meat and other 100% vegan dishes. It's not too far from Koenji station but be prepared to walk for a kilometer or so.

Prices are towards the cheaper side for Koenji standards, considering you get a big plate of food, a glass of lemon water and a complementary dessert at the end (I'm not sure whether it is served everyday). There are no desserts in the menu itself. It would be nice if they had at least a cake or something else. Nevertheless, I would like to visit Vesperta again someday.

Pros: cozy, good value, falafel!
Cons: no dessert options
jon active
jon active

A good Falafel

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

Japan isn't easy for vegans that want to eat out and so finding a place like this even with its limited menu is a great resource. And the falafels are good!

Pros: Good food, All vegan menu, Not expensive
Cons: Limited range (but its a falafel shop!)

Dear Owner and Manager of Vespera's Falafel: