Vertoris Pizza House

Serves meat, veg options available. Primarily meat but does offers a vegan pizza crust and sauce, organic vegetables, and Daiya vegan cheese. Has gluten-free. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
6830 14th St W
Bradenton, Florida 34207
941-751-0333

Open Mon-Fri 11am-9pm, Sat-Sun 12-9pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by veggieAmie
lizbelden
lizbelden

delicious!

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2014

We saw Vertoris here, so we got lunch there while visiting Sarasota. Boy, were we glad! Their Veggie Pizza rocks!!! Hand thrown crust, fresh toppings, great sauce & Daiya cheese adds up to perfection. We also got their garlic knots and Marinara sauce. They were also excellent. The marinara had a little kick (hot peppers?) and great taste. We'll definitely be going back!!!

Pros: great vegan options.
aplusjimages
aplusjimages

Vegan Friendly, Surprising Vegan Menu

4 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

So after you are greeted at Vertoris, they immediately ask "Is anyone ordering from the glutten-free or vegan menu?" That was a big relief. Its nice when you don't have to explain vegan to the waiter.

Coming from Jacksonville, FL (where we don't have many options) I found the vegan menu to be very accomodating for a non-vegan restaurant. I chose the vegan breadsticks and ravioli. The food was good.

Couple of heads up:
1 - They are big into Diaya cheese. I know not everyone is a fan of it.
2 - The breadsticks order is pretty hefty. You better get it to split it between 2 people other wise eating the whole thing will fill you up.

I had a great time. It was nice eating somewhere with non-vegan friends. They could enjoy their food and I could enjoy mine.

It's also a family owned business, so its very relaxed and chilled place. The owners even stayed late so that more people in our group could grab some food to go. Definitely going back if I'm ever in Sarasota.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Good Food, Relaxing Environment
Ward
Ward

Appalled

2 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

Purchased a vegan, gluten free pizza to go with 2-1/2 items. 10-inch pizza was over $23, and the veg toppings were skimpy. Quality rating 3 stars out of 5. Value rating -0-. Will not return.

Pros: Ready on time
Cons: Price, Skimpy toppings
Ckogge
Ckogge

Very nice night out

4 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed the vegan Veggie pizza and salad. The pizza was served steaming to our table and was delicious. The service was great and we even splurged on some vegan carrot cake cupcakes. We look forward to exploring more items from their extensive vegan and gluten free menu.

Pros: great food, nice portions, wide variety
veganfortheanimals
veganfortheanimals

Excellent vegan food

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

We’re from Canada and staying in Bradenton. I was thrilled when I searched online and found Vertoris! They actually have a vegan menu – such a rarity in the States we traveled through to get to Florida. I had the black bean soup and a thin crust pizza topped with ‘daiya” and tomato sauce. The soup was thick, flavourful and delicious; it definitely tasted homemade and fresh. The pizza sauce was tasty, again fresh, and spiced just right. My husband, not vegan, enjoyed his food as well. We’ll go back here again before leaving Bradenton!

Pogel
Pogel

Delicious and nutritious

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

Our family is a mix of vegans and vegetarians so this restaurant is ideal for us with a wide selection for everyone. Always well prepared, fresh and tasty. Our favourites are the potato skins. I would give it 5 cows but they do serve meat dishes too.

jillhiggins
jillhiggins

Best Vegan Pizza around!!

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

David and Nicole (owners) make a fantastic vegan pizza. My favorite is the nine grain crust with broccoli and spinach. The vegan menu is extensive and varied. I would HIGHLY recommend this spot...don't judge the location! I just wish they had a location in downtown Sarasota.

Pros: Great crust, Separate Vegan menu, Friendly owners
Cons: location
Jennifer Schubert
Jennifer Schubert

Wonderful pizza

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

We've visited Vertori's a number of times and always come away happy (and with leftovers for the next day!). The staff is friendly, communicative, and knowledgable about vegan/gluten-free diets.

The menu has a wonderful selection for special diets, and prices are clearly marked on the menu.

Delicious food, great service, vegan pizza and potato skins... what's better?!

Pros: Vegan and gluten-free, Tasty vegan food
Redheaded Vegan
Redheaded Vegan

Pricing Nightmare

2 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

I've frequented Vertoris quite a few times in the past two years as I've been working in Sarasota in the summertime. The food is usually pretty good - my staple has been the eggplant parm and while not the best I've ever tasted, certainly well done for a non-veggie restaurant.

The fact that they have a vegan menu is definitely appreciated, but my first issue was that during one of my most recent visits after specifically requesting vegan food, my meal was served with focaccia bread. Since I'd never seen it before I was a bit suspicious, so I inquired, and sure enough it had eggs in it. I do expect that restaurants that have separate vegan menus know what that means.

My real issue is with their pricing. I visited this weekend to celebrate Vegan Pizza Day. Non only am I vegan, but gluten-free as well. I ordered a 10" pie with banana peppers and olives. It was on a delicious, thin, crispy crust and unlike the eggplant parm, had a generous amount of Dayia. I was only able to eat half, and was happy to take the rest home for later. Then I got my bill. They don't have a combo menu, just a vegan one, and a gluten free one. The vegan menu said $11 for a pie. I was expecting some sort of up-charge, but it was double. DOUBLE.

I feel this is unacceptable, but I paid my bill rather than argue with the waiter who I'm sure doesn't set the pricing. I didn't see the owner around so I left and dropped them an email stating my displeasure.

To my pleasant surprise, the owner got back to me very quickly and explained that they go through great lengths to ensure their Celiac customers can eat safely, including a separate oven which increases their costs - which they then pass on to the customers. I understand all of that but find still find it completely unreasonable to charge that much without posting prices anywhere or warning your customers when they order. Could I have asked? Certainly, and for that I take some responsibility, which is another reason I paid quietly, but I'm still very disappointed in their lack of information available to the customers.

All in all, it's a good option in an area of the world where there aren't many vegan-friendly places, but use extreme caution if you're vegan and gluten-free. No one deserves the kind of surprise I got when looking at a restaurant bill.
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 30, 2013

Pros: vegan and gluten-free options, Small, family-owned, Tasty pizza
Cons: Pricing, not careful about vegan options, slow and inattentive service
mabroda
mabroda

A Must Go!

4 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

What a fun and thoughtful food experience. We had a delightful dinner of pizza (with Diaya), garlic knots, potato skins, ravioli, and cupcakes. The owners were very good natured hosts and obviously enjoy what they do. We will make sure this goes on our regular rotation. A true vegan gem in a strip mall (if possible, I would give it 5 cows).

Pros: Great menu options, Fun owners and staff, Huge bakery menu with lots of options
DestinBree
DestinBree

I wish there was more than 1!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2013

I drive from Naples just to come and eat at Vertoris! The food is amazing. There are so many options for both GF and Vegan customers. There is always a vegan cupcake, my favorite is the lemon. The butternut squash ravioli is delicious. The service is always wonderful- team members are very friendly and knowledgable. Very accommodating. Love going there. Definitely worth the drive!!

Pros: lots of options, quaint, friendly staff
Krutolow
Krutolow

Yes, Vertoris worth the visit

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

I ate there and am currently writing a review for my blog, martysflyingveganreview.com but wanted to get this up. This place is well worth the visit. They have an exclusive vegan menu and know what it means. They also have a gluten free menu. I didn't see anything on the menu more or less offensive than anything at any other restaurant serving animals on plates. It's NOT 100% vegan and you will be dining with others who eat meat.
The vegan food I ate was good, honest, comforting Italian fare!
Keep this listing.
Marty

Pros: Separate vegan menu, in strip mall - parking, knowledgable and friendly staff
Cons: serves meat, small place 9 tables, TV playing environment
VeggieGirl88
VeggieGirl88

Vegan gem!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

I've tried a lot of vegan pizzas over the years and this place has an excellent one. They have several choices on the vegan menu including vegan dessert! The chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are yummy.
Since they also serve non vegan food, it is a great place for when you have a mix of friends ( veg and non veg) since everyone can find something they would like. The owners are very friendly and respectful of a vegan diet.
I definitely plan on going back and taking friends with me.

Pros: True vegan menu that tastes great, Friendly owners, Non vegan choices for friends
Cons: Great vegan food costs a little more
maltinej
maltinej

Vegan pizza in brandenton, fl

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2012

Visited this nice pizzeria twice as their veggie pizza with daiya mozzarella was so good! Nice, small place with friendly happy people witg good service. Took a while for the food to finally get to us, buy it was very good. Also tried the gluten and dairy free eggplant parmesan also with daiya, it was excellent! Nice to see a place with a whole vegan menu! Will definitely be back!

Pros: Whole vegan menu!, Very tasty vegan options
Cons: Little slow for our food to arrive, Pricing is medium to high
  • Nicolevb Nicolevb

Thanks so much for the kind review! I am one of the owners and do most of the cooking at Vertoris...I just wanted to let you know we are training 4 new employees to make sure we give the best service possible. Hope to see you again soon!

Anglelio
Anglelio

Nice people, good pizza.

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2012

The staff is very friendly and the vegan pizza is pretty good. The only place I know of locally that you can get a vegan pizza made with Daiya cheese. The pizza listed as vegan is the gluten free one which is good but a little small and pricey. The owner was kind enough to let us know that the nine grain dough was also vegan. It was a slow night for them so he also let me know he plans to modify the menu to show more vegan options. The vegan chocolate cupcakes with the peanut butter frosting were very good. I will visit again!

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food
Cons: Service can be really slow, A bit pricey
  • Nicolevb Nicolevb

Thanks for the kind review! I am one of the owners and do most of the cooking at Vertoris. I just wanted to let you know that we now offer a whole separate Vegan Menu. I have added a Vegan eggplant lasagna, appetizers, numerous pasta dishes along with pizza. We also have 3 Vegan pizza crusts our original crust, 9-grain crust and gluten-free crust. We hope to see you soon!

Guest
Guest

AMAZING!

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! The owners are so sweet and really care about the needs of Vegans! They have 2 choices of pizza crusts and Daiya Cheese...they even have Gluten Free options. I had the Vertoris Veggie Pizza on 9 grain crust with Daiya cheese...Delish and a Vegan Chocolate cupcake! Will be back for sure :)

Pros: excellent food, many veg options

Dear Owner and Manager of Vertoris Pizza House: