Serves meat, veg options available. An upscale restaurant headed by chef Maneet Chauhan, a judge from the TV show "Chopped." Has an extensive separate vegetarian menu that can be adapted to the vegan diet upon request. You can get the vegetarian tasting menu made vegan. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Latin American, Indian, Fusion, Non-veg
10 W Hubbard St
Chicago, Illinois 60610
312-527-4060
OPEN NOW

Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by SynthVegan
jbglidd
jbglidd

Overpriced, bad service and ok food

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

I went there with a Groupon to try out the tasting menu. They treated me like a second class customer since I had a Groupon which is unacceptable. The service was slow, the waiter was snotty and after a long wait the food was just so-so. Then even with the Groupon the bill was exorbitant. I won't be going back here.

Cons: Pricey, Poor Service, So-So Food
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Vermilion

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

My experience here was fantastic...

I was super excited to try Vermilion for two reasons: (1) Chef Maneet Chauhan of Chopped and Iron Chef was/is an influence to this restaurant and (2) Many recommendations from numerous people.

So we made finally made reservations. Our server was friendly, but overall service was spotty (forgotten drinks, inattentiveness, etc.). The drinks were creative, unique, and quite tasty. I highly recommend the saffron coconut cream martini, which is vegan.

Since there were so many unique items on the menu, we decided to order the tasting menus - which consist of plenty of food to keep you full. I ordered the vegetarian tasting menu and they prepared the entire thing vegan for me without a problem. Every item served was absolutely delectable, the only thing I did not like was the eggplant (overcooked and weird flavoring) but everything else more than made up for it. Overall Vermilion was a homerun - it's my new favorite place to get a fancy pants vegan meal.

5 Cows (site only allows 4 tops)

Dear Owner and Manager of Vermilion: