CLOSED: Verduras Tea House ...

A tea house that focuses on loose leaf and specialty teas. Serves vegetarian soups, salads, sandwiches, and baked goods of which a few are vegan. Has afternoon tea. Casual with wi-fi. Opened since summer 2011. Bicycle delivery. JULY 2014 REPORTED SHUT, CONFIRMED BY ITS FB. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Catering, Take-out, Delivery
181 N Broadway
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
414-224-6144

Open Tue-Wed 9am-5pm, Thur-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 11am-4pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

Per Facebook account :(

tauberl
tauberl

Great soup and sandwiches (and tea, of course!)

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

Try the gypsy soup, it's delicious! I love the soup and sandwich combos, and they often have vegan cookies from East Side Ovens. Not everything is vegan but a lot of it is, and the owner is super nice about answering questions, so just ask!

Pros: Great soup & sandwiches, Friendly owner, Wide tea selection
Cons: Portions are a little bit smaller
xy2xy
xy2xy

A Little Gem In The 3rd Ward!

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2013

I went there yesterday for the first time. I had a large bowl of Moroccan Lentil soup, which was fantastic. I really liked the crunchy pieces of celery and bits of ginger. It was served with a slice of whole grain bread. I will definitely go back for more. Also, they carry East Side Oven's vegan cookies, which are amazing.

Pros: Ambience, Food, Service
Cons: None!

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Hip little lunch spot in a chic part of town

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2012

Verduras us located in the historical third ward, if you are lucky enough to get a meter out front you'll notice you're on a european style street with sidewalk seating for many cafes/bars and restaurants. Verduras is in a shared space with an india/china style import shop. If you're there in the summer, there are picnic tables in the center parking area, but inside you also sit about a half story off the street and can look down at the scenery.

The owner is very kind and accommodating, and made us an amazing salad with layers of fresh veggies. The rosewater lemonade is very good, too. Great spot to stop for a quick bite while shopping and exploring the 3rd ward.

Pros: lemonade, accommodating
Cons: parking
AmandaHopkins
AmandaHopkins

Lovely Place and Great Customer Service

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2011

Have eaten hear numerous times and love this place. The owner and staff are very knowledgeable and try to help you find something you would like then just what they want you to eat or drink

Pros: lovely space, excellent customer service
Melissa Teske
Melissa Teske

Yummy!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2011

My husband and I visited Verduras Sunday afternoon. We were greeted warmly as we entered the beautiful space and the guy behind the register as well as the owner were extremely helpful as we selected our meal. The tea was great and we loved the gypsy soup (great flavor, lots of veggies - very hearty) and coconut curry soup. For the main course we shared the grilled veggie wrap and the teriyaki wrap. Both were great. The outside of the wrap was crispy and the fillings inside were warm and flavorful. We got the trio of vegan cupcakes for dessert - cute and yummy. I will definitely visit again. The only suggestion I would have is for more of the bakery items to be vegan (the cupcakes were the only option).

Mary H
Mary H

Newest Vegetarian/Vegan Tea House in Milwaukee.

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2011

I've stopped by Verduras and was surprised to see what a wonderful enviroment it is and how nice/cordial the staff was. As for the food I found it delicious and I am not a vegetarian but enjoy vegetables. I also found the owner, Jennifer, know so much about tea and assisted me in choosing the perfect tea to go with my Spinach and Beet salad. What a wonderful addition Verduras is to the 3rd Ward. I would highly recommend it to not only vegetarians/vegans but to the average person looking for something special.

Pros: delightful staff, excellent menu, reasonable prices

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Verduras Tea House and Cafe: