Venus Sophia Tea Room and...

Tearoom offering organic loose leaf teas and organic coffee from around the world. Food menu includes focaccia sandwiches, Italian lasagna and pasta, soup, salads, wraps, Mediterranean tapas, chocolate cake and baked goods. Vegan and gluten free options. Live music on weekends. Afternoon tea service available by reservation. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Italian, Take-out

First Review by CLRtraveller
Josensei
Josensei

A Charming Tearoom

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

We have had a great lunch there both times we've been. It is in Chinatown, in downtown Victoria. The food is creative and delicious, the atmosphere is everything a tearoom should be and the staff is nice and friendly. There is a great selection of hot and cold lunch-time entrées in addition to the dessert choices in the display case. This is a great choice for vegetarians and even non-vegetarians who might not even notice that everything on the menu is vegetarian.

Pros: delicious food, wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff
Guest
Guest

Delicious

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

This place is absolutely wonderful, a true gem hidden in the heart of China Town. Not only is the food incredible, the atmosphere is serene and calm, and the service is very friendly! I will absolutely be back with all of my friends!

Pros: food, price, service
eietmo
eietmo

Absolutely fantastic

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2011

I have visited there today for the first time. First of, I LOVE the decore. very cute, a mix of olden "tea parties" set and newish- relaxing sitting area. I was impressed because almost all the meals were vegan friendly, or could have been made vegan.

We ordered an iced tea (amazing), a soy americano, 2 soups (well, we only planned to order one but my boyfriend tried it and had to get himself one too), and 2 paninies, one with oyster mushrooms and another mediterranean. Everything was simply superb. Each Panini comes with a side salad; the greens were nice and fresh, and the sauces were very tasty.

I should also say that we got our food pretty quickly, and that the restaurant is very clean.

Overall our meal was $42, which was reasonable for the amount of food we ordered.

The owner, who was ringing us up, was very nice, and her husband cooked our amazing food. We were served by a very sweet girl, and were just overall very very happy with our experience. Will definitely be back.

Pros: Amazing food, Good prices, Awesome Staff

visualtraveller
visualtraveller

Loved it!

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2011

The food is so delicious! I had lunch here with my two friends, I ordered the pink quinoa salad with homemade lemon dressing (it was so good I never had anything like it in my life!), and my friends ordered the chickpea avocado with tempeh salad, and the lasagna. We all agreed that it was all cooked to perfection and full flavor. I love that they pair ingredients in a really interesting way, and it is not boring or typical vegetarian. I also heard their soups are amazing, and next time I want to try the Brie mango quesadilla. They have a nice selection of teas that you can smell before you try. We shared a pot of Roman Provence which went perfectly with the amazing gluten free chocolate cake. I am impressed with everything - the service, the decor and the music in the background was awesome. I will be coming back very soon with more friends!

Pros: Food, Friendly Staff, Great space
Cons: Closed on Mondays
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Beautiful and tasty oasis

5 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2011

I just discovered Venus Sophia on Fisgard Street in Chinatown, an oasis and delightful place to savour a cup of organic tea or enjoy a healthy meal.
The decor is wonderfully comfortable and cozy, with cushions, a fresh rose on each table, cream-coloured furniture and walls, tapestries, chandeliers and ceiling fans. Real teacups. Friendly service.
Several vegan items and gluten-free options. Homemade focaccia bread. Seitan made in-house. Mediterranean influences, including fava-bean spread, hummus and babaganoush. Delicious-sounding salads and soup of the day.
I had seitan sandwiched in grilled pita with tahini sauce, served with green salad, all very tasty and satisfying. I want to try their pink quinoa dish. I'll be going back soon.
Open every day. Live music 2:00-4:00 Saturdays and Sundays. High tea 3:00-5:30.

Pros: tasty food, comfortable ambience, pleasant staff and chef

Dear Owner and Manager of Venus Sophia Tea Room and Vegetarian Eatery: