CLOSED: Veni Vidi Vegi

Well-stocked all vegan store selling organic vegetables and fruit, breads, basic foods, toiletries, detergents, shoes, books, and more. Up-to-date information about animal rights and leftist issues in Berlin. Reported closed to HappyCow. more-less
Puecklerstrasse 32 (Lausitzer Platz, U Goerlitzer Bahnhof, Kreuzberg area)
Berlin, Germany 10997
0049-30-69566848

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by gmfielden
beer and veg
beer and veg

Vegan Haven

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2011

16.11.2011. update: Nooooooo!!!! Why did this store close?? Veganz is now competition, but it's so far away, and not cool. argh!!! RIP.

Only shop in town that is all vegan (well, at least that I have found). There are lots of shops with veggie options, but vegan specialty items are actually fairly hard to find in Berlin. VVV is a small shop, but there is a lot of great stuff crammed in there! Vegan cheese! Vegan boots! Plus, lots of activist info, etc. Prices are not cheap, but reasonable. Helpful, if not overly friendly staff.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 15, 2011

Pros: great selection, vegan!
wildfang
wildfang

Veni Vedi Vegi

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

This place is amazing - despite its size it has so many products in stock, all vegan of course, and is run by some very friendly people who know a lot about vegan life and have a lot of tips and information for any question you might have. Apart from the soy cheeses I especially like the range of mainly local fruit and veg and the books on vegan cooking, living etc.
Things that aren't organic have a yellow price lable, organic products have a white one.
The prices are affordable too.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Berlin's all vegan store!!! Excellent!

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

If you're vegan and happen to be visiting Berlin, you should probably check this place out. It's a small store, but it's packed with vegan goodness. I got a few things here, but the thing that I still crave is my Weiss Schakalode Ganze Nuss (white chocolate with macadamia nuts) made by Vantastic Foods!!! I can't believe how good that white chocolate bar was! The employees were very friendly, the first guy I spoke with was in German, but another man (possibly the owner) was very fluent in English too so language shouldn't be a problem. Check this place out though!

Jemima
Jemima

I think it's an independent shop

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2010

Somehow independent organic/ veggie food shops often look similar even in different countries. Think colourful and "alternative"? I can't remember if it had a notice board but it might have had.
It's quite a small shop but is pretty well stocked. There are some fresh fruits and vegetables as well as dry, packaged things. Their turnover seemed fast enough - stock was new/ fresh. There were some t-shirts and shoes too. One thing they didn't have was 300-500ml size drinks.

The person serving me was pleasant.

Prices seemed fine.

Pros: they have shoes!, good turnover
Cons: no drinks to grab on the run
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Awesome all Vegan Grocery Store, MUST VISIT !!!

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2009

If you're in Berlin you must visit this all Vegan Grocery / General Store. Its so nice to walk into a store and realize you don't need to speak german to figure out if a product is vegan no more label reading! We seriously filled our arms with goodies, I highly recommend the Gnocchi in the fridge it was fantastic. There is a nice selection of sweets and chocolates as well. See if you can find the nugget bar :) They have shoes, Tshirts, etc as well, but don't miss out on the produce and wonderful grocery selections. We had more than we could hold between the two of us and the bill was so low I thought they forgot to ring something up! Very nice people and English spoken well. There is an ATM around the corner as its cash only and its close to the Uban

Pros: all vegan!, gnocchis, nugget bar
cdrk
cdrk

Great place

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2009

Small space but great place.
A bit of everything as said in other comments : vegetarian shoes, books, info, home made pies and sweet stuff, fresh fruits and vegetables, drinks, bread, t-shirts, cosmetics, a few cd's (punk compilation as far as I saw), etc. Friendly people.

Pros: vegan, organic, nice
evilduck
evilduck

Local Vegan Grocery

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2008

As a vegan I think this little supermarket is great; and although there are some cheaper product options at other stores, you can find all you need in one trip here instead of hitting up 3 different places. (Bio-Laden on Skalitzer, or Kraut & Ruben on Heinrichplatz) Bonus is you are supporting a Vegan only shop.

Also at VVV, literature, fresh produce, and a small selection of "Vegetarian Shoes".

Very helpful and friendly staff.

Pros: Vegan, Local, Independent
Merciless666
Merciless666

exellent place

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2008

I'm still impressed, that someone can make a living running an all vegan health food shop. Not so much for the idea, but with all those big health food chains getting up everywhere he has lots of competition. Hope it can hold costumers! Good luck!!

Pros: good value, true to the core, friendly
Cons: none
Doodle
Doodle

Go there, it's lovely.

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2008

A really nice vegan store. All the things that are hard to find in one place in a fab part of town. Bit expensive but what isn't when you're vegan. It's great to have this shop in a city that has hundreds of Bio shops with nothing vegan in them.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good range of products, Community info
Cons: Wish it was nearer to my Kiez!
matrosin
matrosin

nice and friendly

4 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2008

vegan store. People ther were really friendly and offered us a sleeping place. Really alternative. The best vegan sweets!Check out kreuzberg.

Pros: vegan, friendly
Cons: little, expensiv
beatlebum
beatlebum

Awesome little vegan store!

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2007

If only I had known how incredible the hazelnut Chocoreale tasted I would have bought 10 jars to take home with me. I wish I had a store like this to go to in Boston. There were so many great vegan treats as well as staples, one could easily live off of the food here. I focused on the sweets while I was there, buying mint chocolate, vegan gummy bears, a perfectly ripe peach, and the aforementioned chocoreale (perfect for anyone who craves a vegan version of nutella). I also got a package of wheat gluten powder, and the woman who worked at the store was very helpful and told me what the German directions on the package said in English. We talked about what to make with it and I was very excited to go home and try it! I recommend this store to anyone who wants a good vegan fix while in Berlin. Also make sure to get the vegan soy icecream at the eiscafe down the street!

gmfielden
gmfielden

Small but well-stocked

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2007

All the fake meat you'll ever need for your stay in Berlin, vegetarian footwear, fresh produce, the occasional slice of vegan cake to go - pay this place a visit! located a short walk from the restaurant Yellow Sunshine.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Veni Vidi Vegi: