Visited on 28/06/14. We went to Vengo for our evening meal on a Saturday. We were met by a very friendly waiter who had very good English and an excellent sense of humour. I had potato and broccoli casserole with a cream sauce and salad, it was really tasty. My girlfriend had spaghetti bolognese and loved it - she's Italian so a good judge of Italian inspired foods. She said it was quite unlike any spaghetti bolognese she'd had before with an interesting spice mix that really worked. There was a huge salad bar behind the counter but we wouldn't have been able to fit any in. They had a large range of drinks, my girlfriend had a fritz lemonade, I had a beer. I had a coffee afterwards which, as a earlier reviewer has mentioned, was fantastic. The restaurant was open later than advertised on Happy Cow, we left at 21:35 and some other folk had just arrived and ordered. I fully recommend Vengo, top top quality!
The menu looked a little bit boring to us although almost everything is vegan. We were very suprised we could order a baked potato with sour creme. It was really great to eat such a creme as a vegan. The cake was a little bit dry, not bad but not very good either.
The coffee is one of the best we ever had!
Cons: not a very exciting menu
Great vegetarian restaurant. I took a vegan dish which was very delicious and varied in taste. It is not a cheap take away. But you get for your money what it deserve The stuff is very friendly. I can recommend it
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Bremen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Vengo Die Gemusekuche closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 397 times since Jan 2013.