Vengo Die Gemusekuche

Small vegetarian cafe-style restaurant in Bremen's shopping and food mile Das Viertel. Has a large salad bar, and offers a weekly menu of two soups and two main dishes (e.g., curries), several desserts, hot and cold drinks. According to the owner's comment in a Facebook conversation as of Jan 2014, all dishes on the menu are vegan and vegan options among the desserts. Seating is rather limited. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Salad bar, Buffet, Take-out
Ostertorsteinweg 91‎ (Blumenstrasse)
Bremen, Germany 28203
+49-421-8978-5243

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, closed Sun.

First Review by Bauldric

Our Favourite in Bremen

5 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

Visited on 28/06/14. We went to Vengo for our evening meal on a Saturday. We were met by a very friendly waiter who had very good English and an excellent sense of humour. I had potato and broccoli casserole with a cream sauce and salad, it was really tasty. My girlfriend had spaghetti bolognese and loved it - she's Italian so a good judge of Italian inspired foods. She said it was quite unlike any spaghetti bolognese she'd had before with an interesting spice mix that really worked. There was a huge salad bar behind the counter but we wouldn't have been able to fit any in. They had a large range of drinks, my girlfriend had a fritz lemonade, I had a beer. I had a coffee afterwards which, as a earlier reviewer has mentioned, was fantastic. The restaurant was open later than advertised on Happy Cow, we left at 21:35 and some other folk had just arrived and ordered. I fully recommend Vengo, top top quality!

Vegan sour creme!

3 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

The menu looked a little bit boring to us although almost everything is vegan. We were very suprised we could order a baked potato with sour creme. It was really great to eat such a creme as a vegan. The cake was a little bit dry, not bad but not very good either.
The coffee is one of the best we ever had!

Pros: Very good coffee, vegan sour creme
Cons: not a very exciting menu

very tasty and friendly

5 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

Great vegetarian restaurant. I took a vegan dish which was very delicious and varied in taste. It is not a cheap take away. But you get for your money what it deserve The stuff is very friendly. I can recommend it

Dear Owner and Manager of Vengo Die Gemusekuche: