Venetian Hotel - Zeffirino

Serves meat, veg options available. Traditional Italian restaurant with a few seitan and tofu entrees like tofu sprout salad, seitan marsala, and tofu filet. Romantic atmosphere overlooking the canal in the Venetian/Palazzo. Warning: reported serving foie gras. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Italian, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by smalak
smalak
smalak

Good find

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

Discovered this place by accident and saw their menu had seitan and tofu dishes mixed into the regular menu. I've eaten here twice more since then and pretty much tried all the vegan options. The seitan marasla was very good. Not as great as something I'd get back home in NYC but a great effort for a traditional Italian, non-vegan restaurant. The sprout salad was also delicious and inventive. On my second visit I tried the tofu ravioli, which was ok. Tasted like something that would be good to have during brunch since it had a bit of sweetness to it. On my third visit I had the tofu marsala(? not sure if that's what it was called) and it was not so exciting. The place is uniquely located near the canal in the Venetian and has a wonderful wine list. A good place to go on a date with a non-vegan although last time I checked the menu, it looks like there were less vegan options which is disappointing. Perhaps they just need more vegan visitors.

Dear Owner and Manager of Venetian Hotel - Zeffirino: