Mention HappyCow get 10%OFF discount at this B&B located on lovely wooded acreage 2 miles outside Eugene in the heart of wine country. Organic vegan breakfasts served by founder of Eugene's Morning Glory Cafe. USA-made products throughout, cork flooring, organic bedding. One rescued happy cow named Peanut lives on the property. One of its rooms is an expanded suite that can accommodate up to 4 guests and features a full-size sleeper sofa - call for rates & details. more-less
86211 Bailey Hill Rd
Eugene, Oregon 97405
541-844-5102

First Review by VeganTinkerer
BethanyDavis
BethanyDavis

Great Place to Stay!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Velo! We loved the room & accommodations: lots of space, beautifully designed, spotless, loved the eco-friendly everything! Misha & Rob were gracious hosts, and were warm and welcoming. They have done a fabulous job creating comfortable, inviting, relaxing guest accommodations on their beautiful property. We enjoyed our time visiting with Misha & Rob, and enjoyed meeting their animals.

Misha's breakfast was fantastic! Loved the hash brown omelet--really, really tasty! And the presentation was lovely. She is an excellent chef: our breakfast was a delicious & creative testimony to her amazing culinary talent. (She also provides evening sweets 'n treats!)

We highly recommend Velo to vegans and vegetarians alike. It is a great place to stay, that aligns with our values about animal friends and the environment. It was a perfect romantic getaway. We will definitely be back!

Pros: Vegan-friendly, with animals on-site, Eco-friendly accommodations, romantic, Fantastic food!
Cons: NONE!
Meg Gee
Meg Gee

Spectacular Experience

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2013

My husband and I stayed at Velo for 3 nights and absolutely loved it! Misha and her husband have done a great job of designing a welcoming, warm, and unique environment. We stayed in the Tandem room and the room and bathroom were immaculate and comfortable. The shower is built for two and it was awesome! This particular room has a private balcony where I had a great view of the chickens (love to be able to see and be around animals) who live on the property as well as the beautiful expanse of land beyond. I also got to meet Peanut the cow who also lives there. He is a doll and as handsome and sweet as he can be. I think I took more pictures of Peanut than I took of anything else during our entire trip to Oregon.
Misha makes delicious vegan breakfasts with plentiful portions. The coffee was also excellent (which is one of my main concerns when staying somewhere). Additionally, and most important to my husband, Misha makes fresh cookies every night and they are served fresh and hot from the oven. Yum!
Misha is personable, responsive, and attentive without being intrusive. This is a hard balance to strike, but she manages it with flair. We had a great time and I happily, and strongly, recommend Velo B&B.

Pros: Peanut, Yummy vegan food, Peaceful setting
Cons: Couldn't take Peanut home with me
ashschmid
ashschmid

Relaxing and delicious

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

Stayed at velo last night as one of the stops on our cross country trip! What a beautiful place to stay. A sanctuary for humans and animals alike, Misha has a flock of chickens and a cow that she has taken in and her vegan food is absolutely amazing. She made mouth wateringly good vegan gluten free cookies for us upon our arrival and gluten free blackberry pancakes for breakfast (gluten free upon request). She sent us with some cookies for the road too! The food, service, accommodations and location were all outstanding. There was a great selection of books and movies if you want to have a relaxing day in and lovely hiking trails around if you are wanting a more active day. This place is definitely worth a stop. Also, bike enthusiasts, Misha's husband builds custom bikes and the bike decor that is incorporated into the house is very neat.

Pros: Delicious food, Can do gluten and soy free, Healthy bath and body products

RhondaM
RhondaM

I didn't want to go home

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

Wonderful. My stay at Velo couldn't have been any more pleasant or relaxing. Misha was communicative, helpful, and just an overall delightful hostess. Her gourmet vegan breakfasts were the perfect start to every day, and her gourmet vegan cookies the perfect end to each evening. My room was super comfortable, quiet and cool; I spent hours relaxing on the private patio. The house is only a few minutes from civilization, but feels semi-isolated and so laid back, it was an ideal place to decompress. Honestly, I wish I were still there! Do yourself a favor and stay here. You won't regret it.

Pros: Friendly host & hostess, Delicious breakfasts & cookies, Comfortable, Clean, Quiet
Cons: You have to leave eventually
Rob D
Rob D

A great find in Eugene

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2013

Driving from the SF Bay Area to Portland my wife and I decided to break up the drive and stay a night in Eugene at Velo B&B. Our stay there was so wonderful that we booked an extra night on our way back home.

Misha and Rob are warm and welcoming hosts and their peaceful and cozy B&B is the perfect getaway. The rooms are cozy, meticulously clean and comfortable and the common areas have vases with fresh flowers as well as a great tea selection. Breakfasts are delicious and plentiful and they were happy to prepare foods to meet a variety of dietary preferences. On our first stay we started with freshly baked strawberry fig muffins that were out of this world. When we returned from dinner in the evening we were served amazing warm cookies that were just out of the oven.

What really sets Velo B&B apart is their commitment to sustainability. The food is organic with much of it grown in their own garden, and they get around almost exclusively on bicycles (Rob builds custom cycles, some of which he showed us). They provide top notch accommodations while maintaining a light footprint. They also have a rescued cow and chickens as well as a couple of cats. (Fortunately for my wife who is seriously allergic to them, the cats do not go into the indoor guest areas.)

If you're going to the Eugene area, staying here is a no brainer. Why stay in some anonymous chain hotel when you can stay in this warm, peaceful and cozy b&b and get a delicious homemade vegan/vegetarian breakfast for the same price or less? We'll be back!

Pros: Comfortable, Clean, Great food and service
mamvis
mamvis

SIMPLY AWESOME!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

My stay at Velo Bed and Breakfast was fantastic. Misha and Rob were the nicest people. It was my first time in Eugene and they were really helpful recommending places to eat for dinner. The interior and the vibe that they gave me made me feel really comfortable and homey. Not to mention the still warm, freshly baked vegan cookies that awaited me when I came back from having dinner in town. For breakfast they gave me a choice of savory or sweet and choosing "sweet" Misha served me delicious vegan, gluten-free blueberry pancakes. The above and the lovely cats and rescue cow "Peanut" made it really hard for me to leave after only one day. I will definitely return and highly recommend this b'n'b not only to vegans but to everyone who is looking for a quite, lovely retreat.
This place is AWESOME!

Pros: gracious hosts, very clean, homey and quiet, delicious breakfast
Cons: nothing
VeganTinkerer
VeganTinkerer

An Awesome [Vacation-]Home Away From Home

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

I've stayed at Velo B&B twice now, both two-night stays, for business in Eugene. The B&B was very nice and Misha (the host) was gracious. I felt very comfortable there. Misha ensured that she accommodated my diet - in addition to being a devoted vegan, I'm also currently on an anti-inflammatory/-allergen diet... Misha made me awesome healthy and filling breakfasts. She really went out of her way to make sure that I was happy there. I'm very sensitive to chemicals/smells and typically find that being away from home easily becomes unpleasant, but I was very comfortable and accommodated at Velo. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was great. Very clean throughout. I was at work in the city during the day, but on vacation at Velo in the evening. I've already recommended Velo to several of my friends in the Portland-area. I'll be back!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Clean

Dear Owner and Manager of Velo Bed and Breakfast: