vego Foodworld

Vegan fast-food restaurant in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. Offers veggie burgers, gluten free burgers, wraps, fries, pizza, salad, coffee and tea, beer and wine. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine

First Review by Roaming_vegan
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

It is what it is!

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

Fast food but in Vegan form! It's pretty good, I had a chicken burger with cheese, fries and salad. If i'm honest I can't remember the burger (which for me, says it wasn't anything special) and I also remember the fries being a bit odd (like having the scrapings out the bottom of the pan!?) BUT I DO remember really loving the salad...and my boyfriend is mad about the chocolate bar they do. If you're into junk food then definitely make a stop here when in Berlin (as it's nearby some other cool spots like ChaosTheorie and Veganz) BUT if fast food is not your thing, then don't bother :)

JonJon
JonJon

Best vegan fast food in Berlin!

5 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Definitely love this place! They offer a really large choice of vegan burgers—all of them are, or look, really yummy—, but also pizzas, hot dogs, fries AND... a vegan curry wurst! Do not hesitate to stop here if you are in the area. They also have some good desserts, such as their vegan tiramisu or their own chocolate bar. Awesome place for a vegan junk (but good) food lover! And everything is really affordable.

Pros: excellent (junk) food, many choices, curry wurst!, very affordable, friendly staff
saramarshall
saramarshall

Good hangover food

3 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

The food here is good if you're hungover and craving fried burgers and chips. I had the chicken burger with cheese, which did the job but it wasn't the best vegan burger I've ever had. The salad was a bit boring and I didn't finish the fries. It did what it says on the tin though.

runsten
runsten

cheap slicey vegan junk food

2 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2014

Why eat vegan junk food? Not well prepared, strange attitude from staff. Only burgers and pizza on the menu.

I would not recommend you to visit this place. I love to support vegan places but the food is simple. You can make a better vegan pizza or hamburger at home.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 06, 2014

Some one wrote about the fries - they are really strange and the fries were like this time when I was here 3 years ago as well. Not tasty, look kind of burned and for me dangerous to eat!
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 08, 2014

I came back again to try a burger. It was much better this time and the staff more friendly. I guess this place is a little bit uneven. On the other hand it is not a restaurant but a fast food place (with restaurant prices!).

Updated from previous review on Thursday February 20, 2014

Pros: In Prenzlauer Berg, Vegan, quick
Cons: staff attitude, not always well prepared, no quality
  • runsten runsten

i believe that people come here because it is close to their homes and cheap. But did you know that for 7 euro you get a superb hamburger with French fries and salad at KOPPS? This restaurant might be perceived as expansive, fancy and too snobbish, but at the end, you can get wonderful Hamburgers and Pizza from a REAL kitchen, for the same price as at Veggie World (it is 7 or even 9 euro for Burgers with salad and French Fries). So don't be scared of KOPPS just because you might be a "poor" student, you will get more value for less money there, than in Veggie World

• runsten runsten

Thanks for your response to my review. I appreciate it but will still comment on it;)

Taste is all different, I will not question that. Greasy fat and even burned food could be very appealing for our taste buds.

However, I am a little bit ambivalent to these kind of veggie fast food place. Yes, why do vegans all the time have to healthy food? We should be able to eat some vegan junk food sometimes. Nothing harmful with that.

However, the hamburger seems healthy, as long as they don't burn them as well (I experienced slightly burned hamburgers as well at this place).

I believe that french fries are always unhealthy to eat but it is worse if they are burned. You asked the right (or wrong?) person if I know how really fries taste. I only order French fries in restaurants if they are made IN the restaurant, which means that the slice the potato and prepare it in the kitchen of the restaurant. This is the kind of French fries you would get in any good restaurant but they might not even call it French fries.

These fries at veggie world look not only burned but they are not stiff! They are soft, hanging like sad snakes or something. Dripping of fat (burned old oil as well?). Probably the slice potato and deep fry them but they do something wrong since they burn them and make them soft, greasy and brown!

My question is when you had really French fries because this is not how they are suppose to be. Go to Southern Europe or travel to Africa and experience real Fries, prepared by only potato, sliced in the kitchen and fried AFTER you have order them.

• veganvelpenati veganvelpenati

I really love this place and the food there and do not understand what your problem with these wonderful fries is?! Have you ever made fries yourself at home? When I do it, they always look exactly like the fries in the vego and I love the way they look because thus I can be sure that these are really good fries without any flour or other things mixed into it, just potatoes and nothing else! Yummy :) Besides, the people there were great. I had a nice chat and I can really recommend the Gyros and the Cheeseburger menu:) They even make the burgers with gluten-free bread if you ask, so for me this place is heaven and in my opinion the prices are really good, they are almost exactly the same as for "usual" fast food.

TracyLT
TracyLT

OK, but not special

2 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

I found this one to be a little disappointing in comparison to the reviews here. Vego serves vegan alternatives to mainstream fast food, such as burgers and pizzas. I've had better faux meat and cheese products than this. Also, our food was a bit over-cooked.

However, the Vego chocolate bar was absolutely delicious.

Pros: All vegan, Vego chocolate bar is amazing
Cons: Not the best faux-meat/cheese products, Venue a bit dull
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Possibly addicted to the Bacon Cheeseburger

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

My partner and I came here twice during a short stay in Berlin. Both times we had the Bacon Cheeseburger, which is quite possibly some of the best vegan junk food I've ever had. I agree that the fries were not fantastic, but my partner seemed to really enjoy them. The chicken nuggets were quite tasty too. Also, the chocolate bar with hazelnuts was just amazing, though definitely guilt-inducing (try not to eat it all in one sitting!). The staff were very friendly and spoke English, and the prices were great. The second time we went it did take a while to get our food, as there was only one poor staffer taking all the orders and doing all the cooking. Still, it was totally worth the wait. So happy we found this place!

Pros: delicious fast food, inexpensive, friendly staff
Cons: busy
angdep
angdep

Delicious Fast Food

4 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2013

Cheap and delicious. This is fast food, but it's not terribly unhealthy. The burgers are better than the fries. I had the hot chili burger and it was super tasty. My husband had the Hawaiian burger and although good, we both liked mine better. We will definitely go back when we're feeling it.

Pros: Good value, Good burgers, Friendly staff
Cons: Fries are more like chips
Jirko
Jirko

bad time to go

3 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

we went rather late in the evening (22:00) and they had no more dough, so pizza's and wraps were no longer possible. so the only option was some burgers with fries. Burgers were ok, fries, well not the kind of fries i like, very short hard fries. All in all it's decent fast food, but there are better places to visit in Berlin.

Pros: large choice
jon active
jon active

Burgers and pizza place with a chocolate bar!

4 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

My second visit to Vego confirmed that this is a place you can rely on to get a good quick burger or pizza with a salad that will do the job even if it doesn't "make your day". Buying one of Vego's chunky nut chocolate bars to take away and guzzle when you're feeling depressed or indulgent does make it worth walking all the way down Lychener Strasse to find though!
My friend thought that her Vego seitan burger was the best she had tasted so there you go!

Pros: Quick, cheap, tasty
Cons: Not health food
jays
jays

vegan junk food heaven

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2013

if you like junk food you really have to visit vego Foodworld.
they offer an amazing range of vegan burgers, pizza, snacks and great chocolate bars with whole hazelnuts.
i've been there twice during my stay in Berlin. i had the nuggets, the hawaii burger, the currywurst and a chicken burger. my best friend tried the bacon cheese burger. we were absolutely thrilled.
they have huge servings and you get a lot of delicious fries with almost every menu.
the staff is also very friendly and the place is cute.

Pros: delicious, inexpensive
KatieBatty
KatieBatty

Best junk food!

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

This is an awesome vegan cafe - very casual, just grab a menu and order at the counter. I got the nuggets with salad which were amazing chicken nuggets. For a main I got the bacon cheeseburger which is PERFECT just like the real thing. My partner got the Hawaiian pizza which he said was divine. They forgot my drink, the mango lassi, but I reminded them and got it - it was really good.

They all make and sell the BEST vegan chocolate bars - big blocks of hazelnut chocolate with whole hazelnuts. You MUST try them!

They also speak English.

Pros: All vegan, Awesome junk, Great chocolate bars
pesek
pesek

Great place and good food!

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Friendly fastfood place with nice burgers. Visit this place instead of yoyo foodworld, the staff at yoyo was horrible.

Pros: Great food, Inexpensive and fast, Friendly staff
Cons: -, -, -
kulwant
kulwant

Fast Veg Food

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

I enjoyed so much with the "cheese bacon burger", highly recommended.
The seitan burger could be better, but acceptable.

Tiramisu looks like a piece of bread with sweet cream, I don't like it.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 20, 2013

Pros: Low price
Cons: Tiramisu
Harp
Harp

Great and fast

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

The best burguers I've enjoyed in Berlin so far. You have a big selection of different types.

Their French fries are also pretty good!

Pros: Taste, Unexpensive, Friendly Staff
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great food

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

This may not be the healthiest place, but their food is really good, service is good, and finding a table isn't difficult.

I've been here twice, and I sampled several items on the menu with friends. You won't be let down.

Pros: All-vegan, Friendly
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Awesome food

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

This place is so good that I had to go twice through my 7 seven days in Berlin. I really wish I had something like this back home.

I had the vegan bacon cheese burger (hhohohoho) and it was scrumptious. Tasty as hell. My girlfriend had the traditional curry sausage with French fries (currywurst) and it was just as good. Make it a priority to go to this place.

daniellinor2
daniellinor2

Grear vegan junk food!

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

This place is charming and offers a really good selection of vegan junk food: burgers, pizza and lots more. Friendly staff and quite cheap. Must visit!

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Maybe a bit lonely, not very crowded
NIlsI
NIlsI

great junk food

3 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

Great 100% vegan fast food restaurant. I really like to have them everywhere.

Perfect to have a fast vappy meal.

Pros: junk, price
Alynda
Alynda

Loved their spinachburger

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

Went here two times last weekend. Had their gyros pfanne, 'salami' pizza and homemade spinachburger. My first encounter with the gyros wasn't good, at first it was cold, so I returned it. The gyros I received next wasn't really tasty, very chewy actually.

The homemade spinachburger and pizza really made up for that though. They also had this great tiramisu and most of the things I tried from my friends tasted good too. I wouldn't recommend having their regular hamburger though, it's just the Fry's hamburger. Go for their homemade burgers!

Pros: inexpensive, friendly staff
Cons: the restaurant can be full
bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

Great burger place

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

Been there a couple of times already. Everytime I'm in Berlin I try to stop by.
Extensive selection of vegan burgers and some other stuff; I actually never get beyond the huge list of burger options. :o)
All burgers built to order, might take a couple of minutes, especially when the house is full. Very very taste and reasonable price for what you get.
Cool, alternative interior and setup.

azur
azur

One of the best vegan fast food places I know

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Vego food world is my favorite vegan fast food cafe in Berlin - my no.1 place to go to when I need faux meat. The menu is mostly burgers (huge selection), pizza and the like. Their fries are fresh and have that "organic"/homemade feel (the unpeeled variety) and consistently taste good. I never had a salad dish there so far, but the small side salad that came with the burgers etc. was always surprisingly good (fresh vegetables, fresh sprouts, nice vinaigrette).

If you like Greek gyro/Gyros, then this is probably the best place I know for that. Incredibly textured protein strips, with fresh fried onions, and the awesomest vegan tzaztiki I ever had. Garlic-heavy though and ocasionally the gyros is under-fried, so you might want to order it "well done".

One potential downside (at least for me): I tried the pizza once and found it totally disgusting. Terrible texture of the faux cheese and *much* too salty. But I guess I'm biased, since I generally think real cheese (like mozzarella) can't be properly simulated, and I also think the inevitable flavorings found in faux cheese should be avoided as much as possible.

Very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Order and fetch your meal at the cash register. They have a good selection of reasonably priced soft drinks and beers. Restroom is reasonably clean and well maintained. There's a piano, but I've never seen it played.

Location is a *little* off the beaten tracks, but not too much. If you're in Berlin on holiday, you will most likely pass some interesting shops on the way there. The new "boulevard" of vegan stores at Schivelbeiner Strasse ("Veganz" groceries, "Avesu" shoes and the new vegan-fairtrade apparel store) is within easy walking distance from Vego. There's also an omnivore Asian grocery store at or about Wichertstrasse 49 which stocks a surprising selection of faux meat products (to cook/fry at home).

All in all, Vego is highly recommended. Good cafe for kids too (if you like to have some fast food with them every once in a while).

Pros: High quality of food, Well worth the prices, Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Food sometimes a little too greasy
kitticat
kitticat

Excellent

5 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

Hey this was one of my best burgers i've ever had :-) Sooo delicious!!! i tried the "chicken schnitzel cheese" with fries and salad and all i can say is i have to come back! Nice staff, nice place and excellent food!! next time i try the pizza or perhaps one of the wraps...

Pros: great food, cosy atmosphere, really nice staff
greenhexi
greenhexi

Bad even for vegan standards

2 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

I came here for lunch on a sunday, I was one of a few customers (i.e. the chef could not have been stressed).
I ordered the Summatra burger with peanut butter sauce, fries and salad.
Well, this was one of the worst burgers I ever had, blunt, no hint of peanut butter and the fries were limp and burnt.

Cons: Food disgusting
KateHAL
KateHAL

Yum!

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2012

Oh my, I don't think I have ever tasted better fast food before. Sure, it is rather heavy, but every single thing on the menu is one hundred percent vegan and sometimes you just crave really good burgers and fries - and at Vego Foodworld you will find exactly that. We had the Schnitzel plate and a Bacon Cheeseburger with fries, all of which was super tasty. Nice staff, great food, what else could you possibly need?!

Pros: great burgers, excellent fries, inexpensive, one hundred percent vegan
hungrig
hungrig

Amazing!!!

5 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2012

Probably my favorite vegan place. This makes me miss Berlin even more.

Not healthy food but it tastes amazing. Every single thing from the burgers to the fries to the shakes. A must go if you are in Berlin!

J-Veg
J-Veg

Good fast food

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

I've been here a few times and would go back again. It's a vegetarian/vegan fast food joint. They have burgers, chips/fries, wraps, pizzas and salads as well as desserts such as cakes and pastries. The decoration and atmosphere leave a little to be desired but then again it's not a restaurant and doesn't aim to be on as far as I can tell.

The food itself is good and I particularly like the home-made burgers. It's located in a very nice area so it's a great place to stop for lunch if you're exploring.

One negative thing is that the prices aren't that cheap. A burger, some chips and a salad will set you back a little more than your regular take-away... but then again it is vegan and probably better quality than your average fast food place.

Pros: Quick and easy food, Wide choice of meals, Great location
Cons: A little pricey, Drab decoration/atmosphere
bushbaby
bushbaby

A bit dingy, but good food

3 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

This is a hundred percent vegan joint that caters to the fast food needs of the animal health lovers. It has a huge menu of pizzas, burgers and hot dogs and serves good drinks including the infamous organic "Biozisch" in all Variations. I tried the seitan burger with delicious fries (thin but with skins) and salad at a reasonable price of € 6,50 and had a Biozisch guarana cola for €1,70 a 0,33 l bottle. The burgers cater to every need from a tofu, seitan or veggie patty as well as some with the closer meat texture that one sometimes needs. Takes a while when the place is buzzing but it's worth the wait.

You might want to wait outside if you don't want your clothes to reek of the oil fumes. The place could be a bit cleaner but hey - it's a fast food joint!

Pros: reasonable prices, huge variety, 100% vegan
Cons: a bit dingy, reeks of cooking oil, slow service
vegancharlie
vegancharlie

full & happy

4 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

loved this place when i was in berlin!
my man & i shared the gyros wrap which was AMAZING & huge, the vego pizza which was cheesy & delicious, & the pommes (fries) with avo mayo - also AMAZING.
all vegans you must go here when in berlin!

tip: get the gyros wrap! its surprisingly amazeballs

Amsterdam+girls
Amsterdam+girls

It is still fast food...but a good one

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

We aren't really the fast food kind of girls but tried this place on our first night since it was very close to our place and we were very hungry!!! ;-)
It is still fast food and not very healthy, the bun is a classic one so made of white flower but nevertheless we tried two hamburgers and both were very tasty! especially the home made hamburger from lentils...the french fries were very nice too! could have been nice if the bun would have been made of spelt or 'a little healthier ' but hey, it is a burger place after all and for what it is it is definitely a good one!

Pros: good value,
Rosi Siedelberg
Rosi Siedelberg

Vegan Fast Food Galore

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

Vego's has become my go-to place for when I crave some sinfully greasy food. I love their burgers, the pizzas are delicious, the veggie fries are heavenly when done with sesame seeds, and the prices are more than fair.
Unfortunately they're regularly understaffed, so the fast food ends up not being very fast at all. I have occasionally waited for my food for almost an hour. But they usually warn you before ordering, if they're currently swamped.

Pros: Good place for skeptical omnivores
Cons: Occasional long waiting times
rippinkittin
rippinkittin

fast & yummy!

4 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

Everytime I go to Berlin I can't wait to go to Vego! The burgers are really tasty, I tried the "fishy", the "cheesy", the "bacon".. all of them are delicious! I think the french fries are amazing, but I love the kalamaris too.. and don't miss the avocado mayo!

Pros: yummy, lot of options, great value
SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Great vegan burgers

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

We came here for dinner quite late on a Tuesday evening. Had real difficulty choosing between the 20 or so different burgers/sausages but the staff were very friendly and helped us decide. Burgers tasted really really good - wish we had a choice of vegan burgers like this back in London!

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Friendly Staff
Cons: Not super healthy
Tandooria
Tandooria

best fast food in town

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

Vego serves the best Burgers in Berlin, none of the competitors has that quality and value! The Wraps are insanely huge and definitely worth every cent :) I also loved the Pizza, though there is not as much variation as at Sphizy Veg for example, but they are great!
Great value for your money, you at best come here when you're really really hungry! ;)

Pros: Value, Quality
Clafoutis
Clafoutis

Vegan cheese burger :)

5 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

Delicious vegan burgers, I recommend this place very highly! I came here for lunch, and was so happy when the staff told me it was 100% vegan. They also do great soya burgers in gluten free bread buns which my brother loved. The burgers are tasty, and good toppings of cheese and tomato sauce. Affordable for lunch, and there is outdoor seating in the street.

Pros: Vegan burgers, Affordable, Gluten free options
Rachelsmum
Rachelsmum

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

4 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2012

We went here three times on our one week holiday. My husband and I are neither vegan nor vegetarian but loved the food. My vegan daughter loved the shakes.The staff were friendly and welcoming and spoke excellent English. Well worth a visit.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff, Good value
Cons: No wine, No mint
maggieag
maggieag

AMAZING BURGER

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

I got the homemade cheeseburger and it was outstanding! I need to figure out the recipe; the consistency was a bit falafel-y and there were dried cranberries inside... sounds weird but trust me, it was delicious! The fries were nothing special, compared to the burger at least.

OrlyDumitrescu
OrlyDumitrescu

Best Vegan burger in Berlin

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2012

I arrived to Berlin a few days ago and decided to look for vegan places online, and I'm so happy I found Vego! They have a list of more than 15 (!!!) different veggie burgers, they also serve salads, pizzas and wraps. I ordered the hot chili "cheese" burger with fried and it was SOOOOOO good!!! The fries were amazing, and the burger, my god, the best veggie burger I've ever had. I'm going to return during my short stay in Berlin and try a few more burgers. This place is a must!

Pros: healty, friendly staff, amazing food
Tara HD
Tara HD

Great burger

4 Posted on 02 / 29 / 2012

I had the "Homemade Cheesburger" with fries. The burger was excellent, the fries tasted very good too. Unfortunately, a few other aspects dampened the experience: The place was cold (in winter), so it was very uncomfortable to sit there, wait for the food and eat it there. Even though there was only one other customer it took 15 min to get the food. I found that surprising for a "fast food" place. The fries where tiny potato morsels than fries and it was actually tedious to eat them.

Pros: excellent burger, all vegan
malkuth27
malkuth27

comfortable, friendly, inexpensive...

5 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2011

... and you can eat everything on the menu (ohne Gewaehr!)

I love this place so much, I go every time I'm in Berlin, at least twice, and I never get bored.

Maybe that's just me, but here's why...

Big BIG helpings, plenty of variety, a cosy retreat from the streets on cold days, relaxed and comfortable. It's fast food-ish but minus the grease, and plus plenty of organic ingredients and fresh, attractive salads. Don't expect cordon bleu - it's good solid stuff like seitan currywurst with (LOTS of) organic chips, great pizza options with fake cheese (I took an omnivore friend and he
thought it was cheesier than the real thing!) and loads of burgers to choose from. For pudding, there's often a very good tiramisu and your drinking pleasure is guaranteed unless you're a real specialist (in which case my apologies) - I recommend the vanilla soya chai latte, which my omni friend and I enjoyed so much (and this is his first taste of soya milk, folks) we had two in one visit.

The staff are nice, the service is good (you seat yourself when you come in and take a menu from the counter, where you also place your order when ready - the staff will then bring it over to you), the music is the right volume to enjoy both it and conversation. The toilet is unisex and clean.

Oh, and it's open all day till late and won't break the bank!

Pros: central prenzberg, big portions, cheap
aclasse
aclasse

Seitan currywurst...

4 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

Managed to go to this place twice in the course of a weekend in Berlin as it was handy for our hotel. I felt quite welcome even though I was at least twice the age of the average customer. The first time I had the aforementioned currywurst which was good if a bit chewy and not very curry-y by British standards. The second time I had a tofu and salad wrap that was delicious (and enormous). Everyone was friendly and the prices were modest. Make sure you order at the counter - I thought they wanted me to sit down at the table first time and then I didn't get served until I lost patience and went to the counter - but perhaps it was a misunderstanding on my part.

Pros: Vegans needn't miss out on currywurst , Good value, Friendly
Rat.Fink
Rat.Fink

Delicious vegan fast food

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2011

I visited this place on holiday and was impressed with the tasty 100% vegan food and nice vibe. The staff were friendly and spoke excellent English, which was useful as my German is umm.. limited! There is a huge selection of burgers on offer and I chose the "Sumatra burger" which was pork-style, with melted soya cheese and a peanut butter sauce. It had a great flavour and came with a large portion of chips. I also chose the salad to go with it, which again was very nice. I had the tiramisu for pudding, which I had never seen a vegan version of before. Whilst I have no point of comparison as I had never eaten tiramisu prior I thoroughly enjoyed it. They also sell a variety of pizzas and German-style food which I would like to try if I visit Berlin again. The gig posters on the walls of punk bands such as Black Flag and Fugazi was a nice touch.

Pros: Tasty burgers, Friendly and helpful staff, Vegan tiramisu
kibber2004
kibber2004

Good choice of burgers

4 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2011

All-vegan burger place. Had their classic burger with French fries. Was tasty, but not amazing. The burger was very good, but the fries were waaay too salty. When this was said, all the owner promised was to have it less salty the next time I come. Nonetheless, service was very friendly. Was not the cheapest of places, but one sits neatly and the toilet is also very clean. There is outdoor seating, but in summer, the bees drove everyone back inside.

Pros: Burger, Atmosphere
Cons: Saltiness of fries, Bees outdoors
frangipani
frangipani

Best vegan burger ever!

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2011

Whilst in Berlin I went to this cafe/restaurant and ordered the Hawaiian burger. The burger was brilliant, plenty of vegan bacon, pineapple, vegan cheese and salad. I was also happy to see a vegan restaurant using pickles as I have not had these on a burger for many years. The burger itself was very tasty and would be good as a plain burger or with many of the other toppings that were available. After this large meal I ordered the tiramisu, which I had not seen in a vegan restaurant before, I was a little disappointed that it was not a coffee flavoured desert, as I am used to, but none the less the pudding was still delicious as an almond flavour instead. If I was in Berlin again I would definitely return here!

Pros: Best vegan burger ever, Large portions, Happy and helpful staff
Cons: None!
suregena
suregena

All those things you're craving.

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2011

We were staying a short little walk away and I had searched for vegetarian places before our trip that would be nearby to where we were staying. My husband and I went one night for dinner and had to come back our last night. It was just too good. The atmosphere is perfect, the people that work there/run it are super friendly. We had wanted to go grab lunch before leaving, too, but knew we wouldn't have time before heading to the airport. Bummer. With places like this... I always find myself staring at the menu because I can eat everything on it and, therefore, don't know what I want. I had the sChicken Hawaii burger with fries and the next night I got their Vego burger. I loved both. I wish it was still nearby so I could keep trying things off the menu! Ah, well... let's just say that we'll be back to Berlin since we enjoyed ourselves, and definitely go back to Vego Foodworld... yummm.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, great food
celeste
celeste

Good,fun fast food,vegan-style

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

I don't usually eat fast food,in fact,I can't even remember the last time I had had french fries,but I decided,since i was on vacation,I would just go for it. I live in Denmark,and we don't really have many veg restaurants,and we don't have any vegan ones,so I figured I'd try out something i never get,even when I'm back in NYC. I had the Hawaiian Chicken Bacon Burger with fries and a salad. The burger was great,for what it was. Definitely fun food. The fries were pretty great,though I like thicker "steak" fries,or whatever they're called. The salad wasn't so exciting,but fresh,though the lettuce could have been washed better. We got a chocolate cake,since they were out of the tiramisu. The cake was a little dry and no icing,but the flavor was surprisingly really great. Not too sweet,which was nice,since I like to eat sweets sparingly and it saved my sugar intake for another place with better desserts,but it was still nice to eat.
Would I go back? Maybe,but I would probably rather try one of the other restaurants in Prenzlauer Berg,first.Basically,they are good at what they do,and if you like junky,greasy,fried foods,on white bread,then this is a great place! If you,like me,prefer vegetables and nothing deep fried,maybe try somewhere else.

Pros: Fun, Different, big,inexpensive menu
Cons: Greasy, many versions of the same thing, Not healthy
heywood100
heywood100

Cheap and cheerful

4 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2011

While it's not exactly hard to find vegetarian or even vegan food in Berlin, me and my friend hunted this place out and were not disappointed. While I'm not sure it stays open quite as late as midnight (as claimed in the listing), and the place was completely deserted on the weekday evening we were there, the choice of food is impressively wide - made up of fake 'meat' and 'fish' burgers that tasted pretty authentic and gave us a nostalgic taste of things we haven't eaten for many years now :)

The staff were also friendly and helpful, and the prices were very cheap.

OandG
OandG

a fast food for vegetarian ;-)

3 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

it's still a fast food ...

Pros: good value, friendly staff
  • yum yum yum yum

strange!!!!!sure.it is fast food.it is called organic fast food restaurant.if you don`t like fast food okay..don`t go there...but please don`t give a bad mark just for what it is!!!!strange!!!!

Take It Back
Take It Back

Yummy burgers

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

This is the best vegan fast food place in Berlin. Friendlier than Yellow Sunshine, and way cleaner that Yoyo. Great burgers, great staff!

Pros: great burgers, great fries
Cons: not enough staff, different quality each time
Georgina
Georgina

Fantastic vegan fastfood place

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2011

Great little place, quite a few tables and nice atmosphere with piano and chilled out decor. Very wide choice of food based around pizzas, burgers, and wraps, mostly; the seitan cheese burger was amazing, with a wonderful side salad. Good serving size too, I was full for the whole day! Has a toilet too, which is great as not all small places do. Sadly they were out of the tiramisu as they hadn't made it yet that day (it's obviously all fresh, but maybe there aren't that many staff), but I've heard from locals that it's divine!

Pros: Excellent food, Lots of cheese/meat alternatives, Great value
NotBuyingIt!
NotBuyingIt!

Yummy fast food!

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2010

I dream of vegan currywurst from veg-o foodworld! And the Tiramisu is as delicious as the real thing! Service is nice too.

Pros: Good selection of fastfood items, Yummy, Completely Vegan
thewaitchild
thewaitchild

gooood

5 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

went here after eating at yoyos a couple of times. very friendly service, not busy at all and fresh, fast, good tasting food.

i had a vegan 'cordon bleu' - something i never had when not vegan, but liked it alot - and my friend got the hawaii chicken burger, which she loved. both with lots of chips and salad. also got a coffee. walked awaz spending about 11 euro combined!

Pros: friendly, fast and fresh, vegan
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Good, fast food, cheap...

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

I didn't realize this was the sister location of YoYo Foodworld until I got there - I wasn't a fan of what I got at YoYo so I would have skipped Vego. Luckily I gave it another shot and tried the Sumatra Burger, much better! I liked this location, the prices were right, and the food was good, it's definitely worth checking out.

• yum yum yum yum

hey ho, thanks for your review. By the way we are not the "sister location" of yoyo. I am just one of the former owners of yoyo and opened up vego Foodworld...to do it my own way(also to change little things`-)!
    For instance,you should try our cheese on the burgers the next time.We use the yummy Tofutti cheese slices...which are really tasty. see you.Nik

VeganTex
VeganTex

Vego Foodworld

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2010

This place is amazing! It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the staff is super friendly and the vegan food was wonderful. I visited this restaurant twice during my short visit to Berlin.

Psychonaut
Psychonaut

Good food, friendly staff

5 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2010

We went there two times. They have a lot of different burger options and as well pizza, gyros, fries, salad, sweets etc.
The food is delicious and is served fast. The staff is very friendly and talkative if spoken to. I would definitely go there again and recommend the place. The best place we have been in Berlin so far.

Pros: Tasty, lot of options, Friendly staff, Fast, toilet inside
Cons: -, -, -
  • Psychonaut Psychonaut

We have been there again at 23:40. It was closed already (nobody was there) although on the webpage they say it is opened every day until 24.
    Seems that this is a problem a lot of vegan shops share in Berlin, very sad und unsatisfying!

wildfang
wildfang

If you like fast food - this is your place.

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2010

This place is very similar to Yoyo's foodworld on Gärtnerstrasse. The menu is basically the same and so are the prices - very affordable. If you like fast food, this will be your place - homemade chips, all sorts of burgers, pizzas, traditional "meat" dishes and more. To me it doesn't taste very fresh or healthy at all but that's probably not what it was made for ;) The salads are very nice though and don't forget to try one of their lassis.

DonnaC
DonnaC

Delicious Fast Food

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2010

This is a great laid back cafe offering a fantastic selection of fast food. I chose the salami pizza which was absolutely superb, it was presented wonderfully and tasted delicious. The food is great value and it's a friendly relaxed place.

Pros: Tasty food, relaxed, great value
hack_man
hack_man

Fast Food Fantastic

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2010

The sister branch to YoYo Foodworld in Friedrichshain this place is exactly what Prenzlauer Berg needed. This is what Yellow Sunshine is to Kreuzberg. Fabulous fast food (burgers, hot dogs, pizza, fries and sausages) made to perfection and at a great price. Ultimate naughty vegan delights in a great setting.

Pros: food, staff, location
Raydoggy
Raydoggy

Burgertastic!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2010

At last, someone who has worked out how to get the burger patty right. Delicious. Only two minute walk to HelmholtzPlatz, it's in a great location. They really got it right. Staff are very friendly.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap&Friendly, Good Location
Elven
Elven

Nick rules :)

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2010

My all-time favorite vegan restaurant. Cosy, in a nice neighbourhood, at walking distance from my home :).
Simply great food. I love the burgers with fries (baked in their skins, lovely) and salad, their freshly-made shakes and mango-lassi, the wraps, the gyros... there is too much too choose from (so the only solution is to return often and steadily work your way through the menu)! Superfriendly and helpful staff, nice music, and a laid-back atmosphere. It doesn't get any better than this.

Pros: tasty food, lots of choice, calm atmosphere
Courtnichka
Courtnichka

good burgers and fries

5 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2010

The burgers and fries here are pretty good. I also thought the service was nice. The cashier spoke english and helped me pick something from the very long menu. The price was also pretty good too. I wanted to return here again, but ran out of time in Berlin. Next time I'm in Berlin I'll have to try it again.

Pros: good food, reasonable price
Cons: chili burger means spicy jalepeno...oops
yum yum
yum yum

best vegan place! yes!!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2010

vegan Pasta,huge Wraps, yummmy vegan Pizza(I`ve never tasted it like this before),beautiful big portions of the best fries(homemade) and burgers in town.And
don`t miss the awesome vegan Tiramisu and Cakes.
The people are very nice and they also offer vegan products like different sorts of cheese, salami, chocolate and much more which are hardly to get (the prices are very fair).
For now my favourite place!

Just go there ..you won`t regret.I will come back!!!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
cmayr
cmayr

delicious fast food for vegetarians/vegans

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2010

The small place close to Helmholtzplatz in PB seems like a spin-off of the marvelous Yellow Sunshine in Wiener Strasse. Burger menus complete with superb fries and a fresh salad and lots of other mock-meat alternatives like vegetarian currywurst, pizza and Gyros.
Prices are affordable but a wee bit above McDonald's.
The atmosphere suggests that there were no females involved in decorating the place, but the food makes up for that glitch which will no doubt be corrected once more people show up for their daily filling of vegetarian fast food.

Pros: affordable, yummy, lots of vegan options
Cons: atmosphere
nspanee
nspanee

fast food, but lovely prepared n tastyyyyyy

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2010

fast food just brings you back into childhood even if i dont like fries and burgers very much. the nuggets were great, the chicken schnitzel burger as well, n the hot dog made me happy in one. they have some very good homemade sauces. the staff is very friendly and they serve the best "malt beer" i've ever tried. müller's malz. being happy without alcohol ;) the shakes are delicous as well. so as im writing, this is the place for my dinner. ill try the pizza, some more nuggets, n a hot dog n whatever will have space cause i wont come back here for quite a while.

Pros: fries look like homemade, very nice staff, good portions
Roaming_vegan
Roaming_vegan

Good value, yummy food, and good atmosphere

5 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2010

A short walk from Elweder Strasse Station, Vego Foodworld has a completely vegan menu of 'fast food'-style food (Pizzas, Burgers, Nuggets etc). However, the food there has a much higher quality than a fast food joint, and is tastier too.

I found the food to be good value for money, good portion sizes, definitely didn't go away hungry (approximately €5-6 for pizzas). Servie is good and English is not a problem, the ower, Nick is very friendly and speaks fluently.
There is an outdoor seating area in the front of the restaurant, Vego has a cool, casual atmosphere.
Go in, say hi and order something yummy! Would recommend it.

Pros: Good value, Good food, good atmosphere
  • Elven Elven

Love your review (and I absolutely agree). Not to be a smartass, but the station you mean is called "Eberswalder Strasse" (just to make things easier for first-time intending visitors). Kind regards!

Dear Owner and Manager of vego Foodworld: