Vegie Village

Simple decor and home-style cooking. Menu includes stir frys, sizzling noodle plates, fried dumplings, pumpkin rolls, Malaysian cuisine. Previously named Tea House and Coffee for Others. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Malaysian, Chinese, Asian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by evey_w
Chef.Tabbycat
Chef.Tabbycat

• raw

Currygasm! :-)

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

I got here just as they were closing for the night, but the lovely man accommodated me anyway! So glad he did 'cause wow! I only had curry puffs, but they were super tasty with the flakiest, most buttery pastry I've ever eaten! The lovely man (I presumed he was the owner) talked to me at length about health-related issues, which of course I'm super interested in. Will DEF. go back for a proper meal as soon as I can!

Pros: great, friendly service, Super tasty food, price
moo
moo

Simply tasty food

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

Malaysian food -- except for the occasional laksa offered by a Thai or Chinese joint -- is not something I've found often in exploring Australia's vegetarian restaurants. Here it is pulled off with simplicity, producing large, subtly-flavoured portions. Service from the couple running the homely, quiet restaurant was friendly and fast.

Pros: Great food, Friendly, family atmosphere, Good value
Aidapplebaum
Aidapplebaum

Village Slut

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2012

I love going to this place on my lunch break. It's always calm and peaceful and the food is delicious and affordable in large portions. The staff are kind and welcoming too.

Pros: Healthy, Good Location, Ethnic
Maddi
Maddi

Great little place

4 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2012

Small and simple cafe with delicious Malaysian-style vegan food. 10 mins walk from the city centre and well worth it. Have been a few times and always came away very happy with the tasty meals and large portions. Definitely recommended :-)

Pros: Yummy food, Large portions, Reaonable price
Cons: Small menu, Little walk from the city centre

evey_w
evey_w

Flavoursome Food at a Great Price

5 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2012

Visited Vegie Village for the first time tonight, loved the rich flavoursome dishes on offer at a very good price. I'll definitely be back soon and recommend highly to others :)

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly and Helpful Staff, Well Priced

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegie Village: