Vegi Voodoo King

Nice little place serving tasty falafel with a selection of sauces. Have lunch, soup, and fresh-made fries. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-Friendly, Fast Food
Steinstraße 13
Stuttgart, Germany 70173
0711-2368510

Open Mon-Wed 11:30-24:00, Thur 11:30-02:00, Sat-Sun 11:30-04:00, Sun 17:00-23:00.

First Review by hack_man
ChristianaHasldorf
ChristianaHasldorf

Delicious!

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

Here you can have a delicious soup of the day or the best falafel in town. My daughter would recommend the Obama falafel, I had the soup each time I was there. Very good, relaxed atmosphere, good music from doors to techno to hip hop to reggae, I like it all combined with that food!

Pros: delicious, many choices of falafel
Cons: very small place
proudtobveggie
proudtobveggie

Great Falafels

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

This place serves absolutely amazing food ! I tried thier peanut sauce falafel and it was very tasty including the other sauces they add. The only thing I hoped was to get more salad in the wrap but apart from that thier food is tasty, healthy, quick and pocket friendly. Having said that, I would'nt recommend this place for people who want to spend evening with friends as inside the restaurant/imbiss its very loud and ambience isn't that great but you can always pick up food and eat elsewhere. Its definately a place not to be missed in Stuttgart.

Pros: Resonable, Tasty, Fresh
Cons: Loud
RichMoly
RichMoly

Fantastic Falafel

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

Three of us (2 vegans, 1 omni) tried the falafel wraps, and they were very good. Plenty of toppings to choose from, and I believe they also sell soup. Being lunch time there were plenty of customers, and it's clearly a popular place. Definitely one to list on Volentia :-) http://www.volentia.com/group/falafal

Pros: Lovely falafel wraps inc. vegan options, Good selection of toppings, Refreshments available
Cons: Not much seating indoors (some outside), VERY orange ;-)
void
void

Too loud

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2012

I've just been there once and eaten the Schlossplatz Falafel. The food was excellent and the portion absolutely satisfying.
However, we had to sit inside due to the weather and it wasn't really a nice place to be. The music was weird and way too loud, we couldn't even have a conversation, and it was pretty dark in there.
I would go there again in summer when you can sit outside or just have the food for take-out. Even though it's meant to be fast food, other fast food locations are obviously able to have nicer atmosphere and a conversation-friendly sound level.

Pros: food, portion size, price
Cons: atmosphere, music
CaroSamsa
CaroSamsa

Legendary!

5 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2012

Nearly every vegetarian and vegan in the region of Stuttgart knows the "Vegi Voodoo King"! Yummy and varied food and drinks, nice staff, nice atmosphere and a very popluar meeting place. I often go there and I love it :-)!
My favorite falafel is the one called "Schlossplatz" (mango chutney).

Pros: yummy, nice atmosphere and staff, central
mollyp
mollyp

Incredible

5 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2012

I go to Vegi Voodoo King anytime I'm in Stuttgart, and wished I lived closer to eat more often! Absolutely delicious falafel pita sandwiches with rotating menu of side-dish options like vegan soups or brownies. Very highly recommend!

Pros: excellent food, fresh, homemade
ramachandra
ramachandra

Falafel and Soups

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2011

I've had both falafel and soup from this place, and both were excellent. They also offer things like chai and brownies. It's not the kind of place you go for excellent service or to linger, but the food is good and they play some cool music too.

Pros: vegan options marked, cheap, fast
Cons: small shop
Patricia H
Patricia H

Great falafel shop

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2011

I had stayed in Stuttgart for 6 days and been there twice. I liked it a lot, they have a great choice of different falafel and everything is marked clearly. The only problem is to choose the right falafel ;-). I liked both I tried, the one with mango chutney and the peanut butter version. And the non-vegan friends joining me liked it, too.
Furthermore, I could get my favourite lemonade, fritz-limo, there, so I think, this is just the perfect place to go when you want to have good and cheap vegan food in Stuttgart.

Nevie
Nevie

Good & greasy falafel

3 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2011

Vegi Voodoo King is a nice place to swing by for a quick and inexpensive meal. I really enjoyed the aubergine falafel I had but the fries were much to greasy. I am a fan of greasy food occasionally but this was way over the top. Overall it was very good though. If you're looking for a greasy late night snack this is definitely the place to go!

Pros: quick, vegan options clearly marked
Cons: Limited seating
Amy1274
Amy1274

Good opening hours

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

Very quaint little place that's great for vegans - everything is marked and I can reccommend the peanut butter and aubergine. It's nice not to be stuck with fries from a greasy takeout late at night - you can always come back here!

sweetszlove
sweetszlove

falafel king for sure

4 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2010

weird bread but the falafel was really good. And Vegan options are noted on the menu so you don't have to ask for every sandwich.

Price was nice for sandwich €3,50 - but french fries were expensive €3,50! And they tasted really weird, like they were baked and then deep fried so they had a soggy texture.

Soup was very bland, reminded me of vegan options from 10 years ago, potato soup with fried onions...blah! There is so much a person can do with potato soup!

Pros: beer, vegan options, fresh squeezed juice
Cons: seating, limited menu
mrd
mrd

Amazing little falafel shop

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2010

I dropped in to grab a hommus falafel and pommes frites on my way to the train and it was absolutely delicious. Quite a busy little place. Highly recommended!

Pros: Great food, Quick service, Good prices
Cons: Cosy
Stevie
Stevie

Vegi Voodoo King, Stuttgart

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2010

This is a small & cosy vegan friendly place near Galleria Kaufhof just off the main shopping drag in Stuttgart city centre.

The menu has vegan items indicated as are all hand made dishes. The menu is in German but the guy behind the counter was more than happy to speak English in the face is my still bumbling German.

Seating is available indoor & out. Take away is also available. All dishes are no more than 4 euro with the exception of the tellers. The tellers are plates of falafel and salad with the sauces of your choice. I asked for a large vegan teller andand also a soup of the day - this was enough to fill me up without eating the bread.

There's an internet place just across the street if that is any use to you.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Central, Inexpensive
veganik
veganik

Great for a quick meal

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2010

We were in Stuttgart for two days and went here both days. Great for travelers, it's cheap (under 10 euros for 2), delicious and fast. A simple selection of falafel pitas (the one with bavarian-style sweet mustard was delicious) and pomme frites. I think the vegan options were clearly marked, and there were plenty of them.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Delicious, Good value
Danskivich
Danskivich

Awesome Place

3 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2009

Pretty awesome place, their food is really good for a quick snack. But they do tend to put a lot of sauce on their food (my french fries drowned in ketchup!) So get loads of napkins or tell them light on the sauce.

Georgina
Georgina

Excellent informal cafe

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2009

Really liked this place; menu is just variations on falafel pittas but food was very fresh and delicious. The best chips I've yet had in Germany, too! Enough English was spoken where my German lacked.

A very informal setting with few chairs/stools so don't rely on eating in. Seemed to be lots of regulars which is a good sign. Very cheap, great food, friendly service, would definitely recommend it.

Pros: Good quality food, Very cheap, Excellent service
Cons: Very small
Saramste
Saramste

Open Late

3 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2008

This is a good late night "after club" cafe/takeaway spot. This restaurant is close to the city center, and is open very late. I believe they advertise being open until approximately 4:00 on the weekends, but I'm fairly certain they don't close until their customers leave (They were still open/serving one night/morning at approximately 4:45 AM when I stopped by). There is a fairly limited menu . . . they serve falafel (with several different sauce options) and fries. My only complaint is that I don't think they change the cooking grease very often (I've had multiple friends complain of "stomach issues" after visiting the restaurant).

Pros: Open Late!, Vegan Options
Cons: Dirty Grease
hack_man
hack_man

Good Imbiss

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2008

Haven't been here but my friend who lives in Stuttgart says it's a very good place with excellent falafel and imbiss (take away) style veggie foods. He also took the picture for me soi cannot take credit for this.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegi Voodoo King: