CLOSED: VegHeads Savannah

Opened March 2013, this vegetarian restaurant offers many vegan and some gluten-free food with daily specials. Food is prepared in an open kitchen. PER ITS FB MESSAGE LAST DAY AUG 16, 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out
35 Whitaker St (Congress St)
Savannah, Georgia 31401
912-232-4834

Open Mon-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 12-6pm.

First Review by MelissaLosos
csingle87
csingle87

Excellent Stop for Vegans and Vegetarians

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

I have a tough time finding vegan food while traveling. Luckily, on my vacation in Savannah I found this neat spot. I had the vegan falafel pita. It was delicious, filling, and affordable. I also had the vegan double chocolate cookies and the vegan chocolate black bean brownies. What a treat. My husband who is not vegan/vegetarian had the philly cheese seitan pita which he loved. I wish we had a VegHeads back home!

Pros: Delicious/Affordable Food, Fasntastic Vegan Sweet Treats, Friendly staff
NoCookingVegan
NoCookingVegan

pretty good vegan options

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Inexpensive and fast food. Multiple vegan options. Very casual atmosphere.

Pros: many vegan options, quick and casual
Cons: didn't have vegan cheese, not the friendliest staff
TheVeganVagabond
TheVeganVagabond

Best Vegetarian Place in Savannah

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

VegHeads is a small, laid back restaurant a block away from Paula Deen's. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner. The Korean BBQ Wrap is delicious!

Pros: Yummy Food, Good Location
Cons: Small, Few Organic and Raw Options

MelissaLosos
MelissaLosos
  • raw

best brownie ever!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2013

for some reason Happy cow phone app didn’t help me find this place until the very last day I was there.. but i did get to have a quick lunch there.
The food was pretty good, i had a veggie wrap with a gluten free tortilla. They used a curry hummus in the wrap, which was very good.. not sure if it was raw, but everything else in the wrap was.. important to me being raw vegan, gluten/ soy free. THere was also a slaw that was very tasty.
the topper was a bean brownie .. OMG it was so good, they said it was gluten, soy free and vegan..not sure if was raw though?? but it was worth it ;)
Updated from previous review on Monday April 29, 2013

Pros: plenty of gluten free options, very tasty
Cons: not a lot of raw options

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: VegHeads Savannah: