Vegetarian Vietnamese food restaurant, opened May 2013. Menu is concise and features dishes with tofu, noodle, baguette, and rolls. Uses faux meats. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese
2222 Kingsway (East Vancouver)
Vancouver, British Columbia V5N 2T7

Mon 11:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by vegan frog

as authentic as it gets

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2014

of all vegan pho ive had the pleasure of devouring, this place by far serves the best (even better than my moms but shhhh) and is appropriately priced. however, it is annoyingly in a newly (and continuing) gentrified neighbourhood.

every time i visit, i want to try the other dishes but cant say no to the vegetarian pho because theres nothing like it anywhere else - so i cant speak to the other menu items.

the homemade soy milk is also delicious (ask for it warmed) and gives me intense nostalgia of viet nam.

last call is ten minutes before closing!

Pros: excellent pho, delicious homemade soy milk, calm ambiance

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

All if the menu items were vegan except the first which was vegetarian. We had the pho, the curry and the fresh tofu rolls. Food was excellent though it did take a little while to arrive.

vegan frog
vegan frog

Great flavours

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

I finally made it to Veggiebowl and I was only sorry I did not make it before!
We tried 3 dishes: tofu satay with noodles, veggie curry and rice and the tofu lemongrass.
All were excellent but the curry stood out even more. It was perfectly spiced and seasoned.
Each main dish was around $8 so talk about value for money!
The only drawback is that we had to ask the server which dishes were vegan, I wish it was made clear on the menu. Many vegan options as it happens.
We will be back soon! Definitely worth trying if you're in Vancouver.

Pros: Cheap, Delicious vietnamese, Friendly service
Cons: Vegan options not clearly marked, Far from downtown

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggiebowl: