Vegetarian restaurant serving traditional Lao and Thai dishes with western meals available such as veg burger, falafel, soup, pasta, spaghetti, etc. Dairy is used, vegan to specify. Opposite Nazim and Sabaidee Restaurants. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Laotian, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Tofulicious
aspara-gus
aspara-gus

Very good but vegans be careful

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

I was a bit worried when traveling to VV as I read that there was only one veggie restaurant. I was so happy when discovering that they have very good food. Communication is tricky as they don't speak much English and don't seem to know what vegan means. I recommend having someone at your hotel write a note for you if you are vegan. There were lots of food options and everything we tried was great. Staff were ok and prices were very acceptable.

Pros: great tasting, good price
Cons: not much english spoken, no beer sold
Ianthewander
Ianthewander

An ok restaurant

3 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2014

I ate here twice in June 2014, neither time was I overly impressed by the food served. This may have been bad luck on my part, but my veg burger was bland to the point of tastelessness.

This is doubly disappointing as, while this is the only veg restaurant in town, most other (Buddhist country) restaurants have a sizable, and tasty, veg selection.

Pros: price, decor
Cons: food mediocre
myrtaceae
myrtaceae

A nice find in Vang Vieng

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

We had the larb, the pad kha pao and spring rolls. All were delicious.

Pros: reasonable price, the only vegan place in town, free wifi
Cons: noisy bar nearby

EladShayLevi
EladShayLevi

Very Good Resturant

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2013

Just check the salad first, the bugs in laos are many. Look out everywere you go.
This place let go into their kitchen abd look myself that its clean of bugs.

Kalorienbombe
Kalorienbombe

Better than nothing

3 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

This place is really nothing special. It's good and does the job but it's not wow. Their stuff is quite standard and I really miss the mock meat, which is normally so widely used at veggie places in SE-Asia. I suppose it's because most western tourists who are veggie don't really want mock meat (something I don't really understand).
Pricing is OK but if you're thinking of taking the tofu burger with fries, don't. take the tofu sandwich with extra fries. the price will be the same except the sandwich is bigger, has the exact same ingredients and the bread is better.

rjmehra
rjmehra

Fairly generic food, but a good backup place

2 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

The simultaneous blessing and curse of this place is that it has quite a diverse menu of fairly similar things.
I'd much prefer a menu with fewer items that were prepared really well.
The reason this would be nicer is that the chefs would be more practised in producing these few gourmet items instead of just throwing together something basic and plain.
Don't get me wrong, a veggie place in Laos is as rare as... well I guess 'veggie place in Laos' could become it's own euphemism, but you get the point I'm sure. It's just that most of the food here is available in a better form at other restaurants (at request)!
Western options may trump the local dishes, but then, what's the point of visiting another country?

Pros: Cheap, Guaranteed veg*nness, Wide range
Cons: Generic food, Bland
yourfacehxc
yourfacehxc

go for the regional food, avoid western

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2013

Ate here twice (in a day) and have mixed reviews. Our first meal was the soy sausage which comes with baked beans, roasted tomatoes, and a good sized baguette. Great portion but unfortunately fell a bit flat with taste. There simply isn't much to this as far as flavor goes. Load on the chili sauce! Nearly didn't go back for the pumpkin burger but dying to try it and happy I did! Excellent texture and flavor.. fries were a bit greasy for me (and keep in mind that I'm American) but tasted great so no big deal. Very satisfied. I'd definitely go back if for nothing else than another pumpkin burger. Wifi wasn't working when we were there however no one else in the restaurant so food came promptly and piping hot.

Pros: pumpkin burger, fries, large portion
Cons: soy sausage was boring, broken wifi
sachadowell
sachadowell

Excellent restaurant

5 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2012

I ate here just about every meal while I was in Vang Vieng (for 5 days). I especially enjoyed the burgers especially the pumpkin burger. And the soy sausage was great (a little spicy but very tasty) as I was lucky enough to try it. It was a lovely place with some tables where you could sit cross-legged (some tables with chairs also) and some veg-friendly artwork on the walls. The prices were a little more than I was paying for other meals in Laos but it was well worth it for the great food, the lovely staff and since it was the only veg restaurant in Vang Vieng it was nice to support them. Highly recommended!

Pros: Excellent food, Lovely staff, Nice looking restaurant
Cons: A little pricey for Laos but worth it!
Kammeratmark
Kammeratmark

Don't miss this!

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

Really nice place in Vang Vieng if you want to eat some vegetarian or vegan food. We can espacially recommend the Tofu Sandwich (without mayo!) which we had every morning! Mr. kong and his staff is really nice and he is always up for a little chat. Unfortunately we couldn't try the "soysausage with beans" breakfast menu. Mr. Kong goes to Thailand now and then to buy the soysausage, so it should be available! Don't forget to try one of the curry menus as well. All in all the food is really nice, but you can risk sitting around waiting a while. The atmosphere could lifted with some chill music.

The best place to eat in Vang Vieng!

- Martin and Mark

Pros: Tofusandwich, Mr. Kong
Cons: Waiting time, No music
xbalanque
xbalanque

I recommendz

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2012

Had a few beers with the owner, seems like a very friendly and nice guy. He's been vegetarian for five years now, and has started this restaurant for three reasons. To get people to eat more healthy, to make money for his family, and to be able to do charity work. I recommend talking to Khong and not just have a meal.

Pros: Healthy, Good value, Friendly
iamere
iamere

very good

5 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2012

***please note***
This is not a vegan restaurant, but vegetarian. I forgot to mention to the owner that this needs to be changed on his Happycow advert. If you visit the restaurant, please inform Mr Kong.

I have been helping Mr Kong with his menu and showing him his advert on Happy Cow.
I'll begin by saying that Mr Kong is vegan and is in the process of making his menu more vegan friendly.
It is hoped that in the very near future, the menu will include both soya milk and rice milk so as to expand on the breakfasts and shakes option. There are also vegan sausages and some other fake meats (like ham) that are not readily available on the menu. But the owner and his wife are very good at talking to you and finding out what you would like. They are very accommodating.
The food is great, and my partner and I have been eating here every day. The cost of the food I think is pretty good really and fairly reflects the over heads of a new business which stands alone from the crowd.
This is a must for all veggies and vegans!!!
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 18, 2012

Pros: great staff, great food, nice ambience
Tofulicious
Tofulicious

Veggie Fare in Party Town!

3 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2012

This is a new restaurant that's only been open since 2012. While a tad pricey for Laos, the meals are large ('Western'-sized) and Kong, the owner, is a joy to speak to. Given that it's a Buddhist joint, it's strangely situated between a 'happy shake' and 'happy pizza' bar...avoid them and step into Buddhist heaven instead.

Pros: large serves, friendly service, nice decor
Cons: a little pricey