Vegetarian Chinese restaurant with a focus on salads. Menu changes daily. Labels vegan options. Innovative chef prepares untraditional dishes. A 4-minute walk from MTR station. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Chinese, Juice bar, Take-out
144, Tung Lo Wan Road, G/F, Tai Hang (Tin Hau MTR Station, Exit B )
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong

Stevie
Stevie

Veggie Spinner, Hong Kong

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

This a small and cosy little place a few mins stroll from Tin Hau MTR station. It's Chinese run but different from your usual Chinese vego eatery in that it has a small but contemporary menu and doesn't just do Chinese food. They do things like tofu wraps (48 hkd) and also pasta dishes, and soups like mushroom, pumpkin or tomato. Its also a juice bar with wheat grass and beetroot popular on the juice menu. A small glass of apple and dragon fruit juice was 25 hkd.

It doesn't pretend to be all vegan with things like cheese and omelette being on the menu. I had a small amount of trouble trying to explain what vegan was until I produce a printed in Chinese explanation of what vegan food is. Even then I was offered a cheese dish after (the waiter laughed at his error after I pointed this out).

Pros: Trying to be a little different
Cons: Slightly expensive for what you get
locamike
locamike
  • fruitarian

SMALL SHOP GOOD FOOD

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

I live near Tin Hau/Tai Hang so I pass by the place almost everyday. It's small but rather cosy and I saw they were doing a super deal on LOCACLICK app (free soup when u spend HKD100) so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try them out :) I was not disappointed. The food is fresh, the owner is a fun lady and it's always good when you know you're supporting small local businesses!

You can't miss it, it's 5-min from Tin Hau MTR.

Pros: Fresh, Good value for money

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie Spinner: