A family-run restaurant specializing in Gujarati cuisine. Offers many choices of South Indian dishes. Ask about dairy. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out
97 Mayflower Street, Plymouth
Plymouth, England PL1 1SD
01752-252888

Open Mon-Sat 6-10pm.

First Review by juliej
ClareGroves
ClareGroves

Fantastic value and superb food!

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2013

We visited Veggie Perrin's just after 6pm on a Monday and were pleasantly surprised to get a Pay and Display parking near the entrance.

The restaurant is homely, cosy and romantically lit. Service was prompt easy going and relaxed with helpful efficient staff.

We ordered take away and eat in meals and it was food to die for, which was honest, fantastic in taste and awesome value for money. The chef accommodated our extra requests to perfection and all the food was not typical Indian bathed in grease.

We will most certainly bring our friends and be going back many times more!

Paul & Clare

PhilSleigh
PhilSleigh

Great Indian restaurant

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2012

This is a very unusual Indian restaurant - well worth visiting.

It is small and personal, run by the very helpful owner and his family. It can be busy, so worth booking a table.

The food is genuine Indian (not the anglicised version found so often), and very good.

We last went on a Thursday when there was a special South Indian set menu - three courses for just £12.50. The food was very fresh and tasty, spicy but not too hot, all of it vegan, and very enjoyable.

We travel over an hour to get there - and it's always worth it.

Pros: Great food, Friendly and personal, Excellent value
Cons: Wish it was closer!
FleaAFC
FleaAFC

Great Value for Money

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2012

Great food, tons of varied choices and a very friendly welcome. Would definitely visit again next time I'm in Plymouth. Great value for money.

nigeltart
nigeltart

Top curry house!

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2011

"I didn't get where I am today by eating meat!"

Excellent food and service. The menu was almost 90% vegan. Bill, the owner was friendly and attentive, without being at all intrusive. He told me he had ambitions to open a second restaurant in Totnes, so fingers crossed...

I love Gujarati food!

The Bateta Wada starters were perfectly cooked, if a little underspiced for my taste. Bringing me chutney instead of dairy raita inspired confidence. So many places still bring raita after I've said I'm vegan.

I moved up a gear and went for a Madras main, which was absolutely perfect. My mouth was tingling but not quite burning. The chapatis were beautifully thin.

I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Plymouth.

In the meantime, I might dig out my Reggie Perrin videos :-)

Pros: Great!, Super!
Cons: No farting chairs
Daniel Giuesseppe
Daniel Giuesseppe

Best Indian I've had in years

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2010

My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant as it was one of the few places in Plymouth that offers a vegan menu. From the start we were made welcome and comfortable by the staff. Waiter was extremely helpful in helping us make our choices and the owner was polite and more than happy to talk. The food was of outstanding quality and an absolute bargain. We both felt very satisfied by our visit and for myself was the perfect meal for a perfect weekend away. Would suggest anyone that's in the area try this place out as I will without a doubt return next time I'm in the area.

platyfrog
platyfrog

Absolutely worth a trip!

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2009

We traveled about an hour to Plymouth to try Veggie Perrins, and it was absolutely, totally, completely worth it.

The owner is welcoming, the menu gets a chuckle just for the puns, and the food is EXQUISITE. Best of all, it's such a bargain that we might actually have saved money driving the extra distance for a three course meal than staying closer to home and eating at a typical British-Indian place.

The food definitely has a unique and flavorsome kick! When they say mushroom rice, they MEAN mushrooms! Same with the garlic. Perfect, perfect flavors.

They currently only have one vegan dessert, but if you like mango, it's refreshing and doesn't feel like a compromise whatsoever.

We did show up exactly when the opening hours were listed, and as the restaurant didn't actually spring to life until 15 minutes after, we had to loiter about the block pretending not to stare longingly at the restaurant's "Closed" sign -- but they do take bookings, so in the future we'll be sure to telephone ahead.

Pros: Fantastic flavors, Helpful staff, Value for money
juliej
juliej

Our Favourite

5 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2007

We live in Plymouth and visit this resturant alot. The food is Indian and is lovely. It is run by a nice man called Bill and his family, they are Hindu and don't believe in harming animals.

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie Perrins: