Vegetarian food made with all organic products. Seasonal and daily changing menu. Specialties are vegetables pies, risotto, and curry. Also offers apple pies, crumbles, and chocolate cakes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery
38, rue de Verneuil
Paris, France

Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-3pm.

First Review by millieb

Sorry - Deserves 1 Star

2 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

Love having vegan options while on the road but I really didn't enjoy this experience. Food was average but this dining experience really dented an otherwise nice day. I agree with EarthDave's review - don't inconvenience them with your business. We had plenty of great vegan dining experiences in Paris - go somewhere else (e.g. Gentle Gourmet).

Cons: rude service, average / boring menu

Not that impressive

2 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2013

While I am appreciative of the many vegan and veggie options in my new city, they have to be worth the effort and the money. In my opinion, this one wasn't.
Empty when we arrived at lunchtime, service was slow; it seemed like our business was more of an inconvenience.
Then the options we got were not that delicious. We felt overcharged and underfed.
So, we won't be returning, unless someone says a great change has occurred.
Better off going to Potager du Marais or Gentle Gourmet or Grenier du Notre Dame nearby.

Pros: veggie options
Cons: lacklustre service, not good value, not very interesting tastes

Wonderful Food Find!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

As others have said this is close to d'Orsay which is how we happened there for lunch during the week. It was late April 2012. Adorable little place with organic fruit and full take-out selection to purchase as well as a great place to sit and enjoy! Both and spouse & I had the special and it was incrediable! Delicious veggies covered in a creamy sauce- oh so good! (and didn't upset my tummy like some rich-looking sauces do). My husband cleaned his plate and prob'ly would have licked mine clean too if I'd let him! Great wine was also available and our server was appearently owner/operator as well and she was very helpful and attentive. Both locals and tourists in for lunch - many stopping in to buy to go-meals or fruit. Had to fight spouse for my part of desert (apple crumble). Excellent food! A bit pricey, but it is Paris and you do get your fill! Highly recomend for quality of food.

Pros: Tasty, tasty food, Lovely area and restaurant, Did I mention excellend quality of food!
Cons: pricey compared to others, at the time not open weekends

A Welcome Find

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2012

The food was very good -- the two of us had soup (delicious, subtle seasoning), vegetable tart, and a stuffed aubergine dish. The consistency of the vegetables was just right, and the seasoning interesting and understated. Forty euros -- Paris is expensive (and vegetarian dishes certainly take time to cook).

Quick and Healthy!

3 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

My first stop during my five day trip in June to Paris. Picked this place because of the central location and was curious what to find. Came there a bit late for lunch around 2:45 PM and the place was almost empty but the Portuguese waitress/owner was friendly but spoke only French and wasn't able to explain me everything that was on offer so i just opted for the daily plate that was on the menu board that stood outside. It was a full plate for only 9 euros (!) and served almost instantly. According to the board it contained: Omelette SaladeVerte, Kasho aux legumes, Gratin de Courgettes and Galettes de Legumes. It could have used some extra flavoring but if you like a quick raw and very healthy full plate to get you through the day this is def the place to go in Paris!

Pros: Fast service, Great decor, Central Location
Cons: Food is basic but healthy, Sober ambience, No English menu

Great experience!

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2010

This vegetarian restaurant is a great place to have lunch especially if you're visiting the Museé d'Orsay. Service was prompt and the hostess was accommodating to vegans. The food was delicious and wine was excellent and we highly recommend it. It is not, at this time, open for dinner and it does not take credit cards. We would definitely eat here again.

Fresh but uninspired

2 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2010

We stopped in here in July 2010 for lunch. We were staying in the neighbourhood and were glad to know there was a vegetarian place so close. The restaurant is cheerful and nicely decorated, seems like a great place you'd like to spend an afternoon with a friend having some food. There were several other diners in the small restaurant at the same time as us, most of them locals.

Hopeful, we spoke with the waitress/owner (?) and she told us the selections of the day. There were a few flavours of tarts (like quiche) and she recommended the eggplant/quinoa dish. I ordered that. Unfortunately it was a plate of undercooked, crunchy quinoa with thick slices of lightly seasoned eggplant on the side. It needed to be further seasoned or come with a sauce - the meal was unsatisfying and unappetizing. My partner ordered a tart and she enjoyed it but is only for those two eat eggs.

All in all, I was very disappointed. I hope it was just a case of poor ordering on my part. She did say the eggplant dish was delicious so I have to wonder. This area is in desperate need of more vegetarian places to eat so I hope this is not representative of the food here. Too bad.

Our meal consisted of two mains and cost us an outrageous 25 Euro. No drinks, appetizers, or dessert was ordered.

Pros: Location, Ambiance, Staff
Cons: Underseasoned/undercooked food, Lack of vegan options, Price

Very nice

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2010

I stopped at Veggie the other week, and thought it was very nice. The woman working there seemed to have made all of the food herself, and was able to explain to me what was vegan and what was not. When I stopped in, I had already eaten lunch (I had just happened to pass by it), but couldn't help but grab a mini apple pie to go--which was delicious.

All of the food there is vegetarian and organic, and there are always vegan options. In addition to the small restaurant, there is a little store selling nice canned and packaged goods, as well as produce.

Pros: cute, affordable, friendly
Cons: not many vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie: