Veggie No.1 Mensa FU

This restaurant belongs to the Free University of Berlin which is 100% vegetarian. Best to go between 11am to 1pm when there's a full selection of food. You will need to get a "Mensa card" at the cashier because they don't take cash directly. Cleaning is done with eco-friendly products. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine
Van't-Hoff-Strasse 6
Berlin, Germany 14195

Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by vegetariandood

The best you can get for 2€!

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

Its always a pleasure to eat at FU mensa no.1. They have quite honest dishes for ridiculous prices sometimes less than 2€! Yesterday I eat there a delicious pumpkin burger with whole grain rice and veggies with apricot jogurt as dessert for 2,5€. Im sure thats not possible in any other place in Berlin! Apart from the food, the atmosphere is one of the best of the mensas ive been. I took some pics and posted in my blog:

Pros: price, variety, friendly staff
Cons: far away

First Veggie Mensa in Germany

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

Very nice mensa in Berlin's district Dahlem with half vegetarian and half vegan food, so a good variety also for vegans. We need a lot more Veggie Mensen in Germany. I hope that this concept will continue in other towns.

Cheap, tasty but a bit out of the way

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

I visit this place on a regular basis because I am a student of the Free University. It is affordable even for Berlin standards and completely vegetarian.

Pros: Cheap, Healthy
Cons: Far away from center, Uses special money card

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie No.1 Mensa FU: