Opened in Oct 2010, this vegan restaurant offers an extensive menu, including a children's menu. Also a tea bar menu and has bubble tea with soymilk. Note: currently vacation until Oct 16. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Taiwanese, Asian, Take-out, Delivery
225 N 11th St (Chinatown)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
215-226-6688

Mon-Thu 10:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by liquidswirl
kim2121
kim2121

Nice Lunch Spot!

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

Convenient location, friendly service and great lunch specials! It is a hole in the wall, but $6.50 for a nice big plate of vegan Chinese food is a great deal! My lunch included an entree, rice, seaweed salad, and a spring roll (soup is also an option). I would definitely stop in for lunch again!

Pros: Great Lunch Specials, Friendly Service
sisterorbit
sisterorbit

Kind Vegan Meal

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2014

I was happy to stumble upon this place during my recent trip to Philadelphia. Miso soup was excellent, as were the lettuce wraps. Tea service was nice. Food: average. Good option near Convention Center, quiet, away from the crowds.

Allison_DC
Allison_DC

No good

2 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

I've been to a good number of vegan Chinese restaurants, and this is the worst one I've ever been to. The Kung Pao tofu dish was very unsatisfying, with little tiny pieces of tofu (they call it "dried tofu" on their menu, which I have never heard that term for tofu that is prepared to be dense.) Anyway, they veggies in the dish weren't very good either - seemed to be not fresh. The pan fried dumplings were boring and tasteless. Also, I got there quite early because I had a train to catch, and wanted to get dinner before coming back to DC. So no other customers were in the restaurant. A woman who worked there was talking to another worker very loudly the entire time I was eating, and when the other worker walked to the register which was located behind me, the woman actually talked louder, and over my head to project across the room to her coworker. Zero consideration that a customer was in the restaurant. I guess she thought it didn't matter since she was speaking Chinese. It mattered because it was very disruptive to me while I was trying to eat. I left there with a headache from listening to her loud talking for an hour. I guess if I actually enjoyed their food, maybe I wouldn't have left feeling so annoyed. But it was horrible, boring, uninspired food with vegetables that mostly seems to come out of a can and tiny squares of tofu, and flavorless dumplings. I guess I should have sent the whole thing back to the kitchen and said no thank you and left. If I am ever in Philly again, I won't go there.

To Happy Cow: why is your lowest rating available 2 Cows? That's ridiculous. If a restaurant deserves 1 cow, diners should be able to rate it 1 cow! This one deserves only 1 cow!
Updated from previous review on Monday November 04, 2013

Cantatrice
Cantatrice

Nice and authentic

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

This place was clean and neat, definitely a hole-in-the-wall, but a nice one. The area was a little unnerving, but bear in mind that I was a. In Philly for the first time and b. looking for it at 7PM in the dark. It is in chinatown, and when I was there the only other people in the restaurant were speaking Chinese rapidly back and forth between tables. It was fun to watch and listen to, and they were very polite and prompt. The Eggplant Tofu with Garlic was unbelievably good, and came out steaming hot (perfect for a rainy day). The green tea they served was fragrant and delicious. Overall, I'd say I'd go back, just probably in daylight. Their lunch specials looked amazing too.

Pros: Great Food, Fast Service, Inexpensive
Cons: sketchy part of town
SteveCalvarese
SteveCalvarese

Veggie Lovers

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

First time I ate here I had the thick egg noddle with the spicy peanut sauce. I have to say, it is hard to find delicious noodles and this place has them. If you like noodles, I would try this place.

nardanddee
nardanddee

Nice

4 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2012

I was happy to come upon this restaurant that delivers in the center city! They have a good variety of choices and are pretty speedy on the delivery. I ordered two appetizers (veggie chicken nuggets and veggie balls) and had the curried cauliflower and potatoes as an entree. The nuggets were out of this world! I wish I knew where they ordered the mock meat for this. The veggie balls were good, but more bread than veggies. The entree was flavorful but I think the star of this meal was the nuggets, by far! I do wish that they included a menu, flatware, plates and some kind of sauce. But even minus those items-I would order from them again (they even gave me brown rice - without me having to ask). There are so many choices that I am curious as to whether all of their options are as good as the ones I had this evening.

Pros: good variety, speedy delivery, nuggets to die for
Cons: missing delivery accoutrement, pay tip prior to delivery
liquidswirl
liquidswirl

Simple and Affordable

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2010

We went in for the lunch specials, and it was totally worth it. I had the Hot and Sour soup, which was simpler than other places, but very good and up on the hot part of its name. I had the Kung Pao 'Chicken' with peanuts and vegetables, an 'egg roll' (actually a spring roll), and brown rice. All told, it was decent. The egg roll was a little bland, but that's kind of typical these days. I would recommend it for a fast, simple, affordable lunch.

Pros: Fast, Affordable, Nice
Cons: Bland 'egg' rolls

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie Lovers: