Veggie House Restaurant

Veggie restaurant popular among locals. Serves mostly Indian food, and also pizza, lasagna, baguette, and other. Previously located on Am Hulsberg 14. Open on public holidays. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Take-out, Delivery

ladyveg
ladyveg

Worst Vegan Food I've Had in Germany

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2014

Twice I have been here and twice it has been a let down. I thought I would give it a second go but the lasagne was so disgusting I just had to post a negative review and the other food wasn't much better. Sometimes I feel people are hopping on the vegan bandwagon just to make money. Maybe this is one of these places as the food really needs work. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Pros: They deliver, It's Vegan
Cons: Food tasted disgusting, Expensive for what you get
v_mdj
v_mdj

German food

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

We wanted to try a German dish so we ordered a schnitzel. It was made of vegetables (and not of soja or seitan). It wasn't bad but it didn't have the bite of a real schnitzel. The portion was too big and there was only salad. Funny to try but there are better places to eat in Bremen.

Pros: a lot of choice
Cons: everything looks old and cheap
MicalLex
MicalLex

Good choice

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

If you are into Indian food, then this is the place to go/order. If you are not there are so much alternatives. (Actually, I tried the Indian dishes exclusivly.)

The restaurant itself is quite small, but the staff is really friendly. I've eaten there just once, usually I take the food with me (they are fast). Unfortunately I don't see that many guests, when I'm in there although they deserve it. On the other hand there may always be a table available.

As I mentioned before, there's a great variety of dishes including vegetarian and vegan ones. Also they are clarly marked as vegan.

It's one of my favourite vegetarian restaurants and you get large portions for reasonable prices.

Pros: tasty!, clearly marked vegan dishes, 100% free of meat

amurleopard42
amurleopard42

Probably largest choice for veggies in Bremen

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

My wife and I have been here umpteen times -- it's become our favourite dinner place in Bremen because we can't get enough of the great food served, in particular the curries. It's no fancy preparation, just down-to-earth curries, well-done and -spiced, though still on the mild side. They have some Indian classics that are hard to find in Indian restaurants around Germany, such as Aloo Rajmah (potatoes with kidney beans in tomato gravy) or Chole Bhature (chickpea curry with deep-fried flatbred -- simply addictive!). The menu is huge, as already noted here, and many dishes are vegan, clearly marked. Many others are prepared vegan on request. The waiters/waitress are friendly, but sometimes overstrained when the place is really full. Veggie House has a takeaway and delivery service too, for those who prefer to eat at home.

Pros: delicious food, huge choice, friendly service
RonnyMeyer
RonnyMeyer

the veggie house is ok

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2011

its a good place to eat some veggie stuff. it has a large selection (also of vegan dishes). vegan dishes are declared as vegan. they have fake-meat but not fake-cheese (for baguettes or something) cause they dont like "fakefood" (words of the employeer/owner?). dont know why the have fake-meat, so what? :)

Pros: cheap, good value, big portions
Cons: no fake-cheese
sierkson
sierkson

Average and cheap place, o.k. to go to

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2011

This isnt an awesome restaurant, rather the kind of restaurant that offers as much different dishes as possible. We had an indian pakoras starter which was pretty nice. My girlfriend had a veggi-curry, which she really liked (it smelled good and looked good to me :) ). I had the burgers which were pretty uninspried with pattys that were way too small. There was only a salad added which was the same one that was served to all the other dishes- a really boring salad with cheap, boring sauce.

If you go here you should pick the indian stuff, which was tasty and good looking. The staff was friendly.

Pros: Friendly staff, Indian food was tasty
Cons: menu is too big, bad salad

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie House Restaurant: