All vegan bakery and cafe with large selection of in-house-made pastry, cookies, cakes and bread, in addition to in-house-made chocolate truffles. Coffee and soy milk-based drinks available, as well as organic lemonades. Sells soy/coconut ice cream. Previously located at Donggyo-dong. more-less

First Review by Sebastian Vegan
kat.ross
kat.ross

vegan baked goods!? what's not to like?!

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2013

This bakery is awesome! They do so many things, and everything is vegan friendly. We live in Japan, and it's so difficult to even get bread here that doesn't contain dairy and eggs, so the fact we could get breads, cakes and cookies was much appreciated. Visited a couple of times on a recent trip, and would definitely go back. I tried a beansprout and garlic (?) tofu filled bread roll, an almond bread (which was sweet and had jam inside - so good!) a raisin and walnut bread, and a tofu pizza. All were really good, and I can only say I'm glad I don't live around the corner, as I'd be as big as a house!!

Pros: sweet and savoury breads, vegan cookies, delicious soy caramel lattes
theveglife
theveglife

Delightful

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

I went to Veggie Holic with high expectations, and for the most part I was impressed. The chocolate and blueberry muffins were wonderful! The cookie was so hard for my liking.. but they had many choices! I was overwhelmed and wanted to buy everything. I would definitely go back. They also carry vegan ice cream....which was my favorite! But, everything was more expensive than I had planned on.

Pros: Many Choices
Cons: High Prices
Sleeping Strawberry
Sleeping Strawberry

My regular bakery in Seoul

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2013

I'm a host of woman only, eco-friendly guesthouse. Veggie Holic is one of my favorite bakeries for vegan in Seoul. I stop by there every other (or third) day for my guest, and sometimes with my guests. I like fresh bread including the juice of Rubus coreanus. Veggie Holic bakes bread by local wheat flour. That's all the more so to think well of her so I love it.

Pros: local food, vegan, friendly staff
EvaDelgado
EvaDelgado

Bakery For Vegans!

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

Vegans:Imagine walking in to a Bakery and being able to eat whatever you like! Trust me you won't eat the whole bakery because the astronomical price would stop you. Still, this place is awesome!

Here is my attempt to explain the directions. Please feel free to add Directions.

Hongik University Station, Exit 3
Cross the Dirt Street. Make sure you are on the right hand side of the dirt street. (*Not the the Police Station side.*)
Walk down past the Viva Apartment Buildings, till you see a GS25 make a right.(The problem was, on the other side of the dirt street there is a GS 25, as well.)
The hip looking place is the Bakery on your left.

Pros: Vegan Bakery, Cookies, Korean Style Garlic Bread
Cons: Hard to Find, Lady Doesn't Speak English, $$$
Sebastian Vegan
Sebastian Vegan

Vegan Bakery Heaven

5 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2012

Since I am living in Beijing, where there is no vegan bakery, I was really in need for vegan baked goods. The Veggie Holic Bakery was therefor the right place for my desire! Everything looks really good there and the taste is even better. I have tried several cookies, a nice caramel latte and many more items. Well, everything is vegan, but definitly not healthy. It looked like they don't use organic ingredients or whole-grains. But I guess you should not be too picky looking for vegan stuff in countries like Korea or China.

The English speaking waitress was really friendly and helpful and put everything nicely together for take out. Even after beeing back to Beijing the items were still fresh and I have enjoyed them for more than one week. I have loved the wraps the most: Stuffed with tofu and cabbage and some more veggies, they were really amazing! The bakery offers seatig and take out. At the time we have been there, we were the only costumers, so it was a little bit lonely to sit upstairs where they have a huge room with a lot of tables. The only con were the price: Most of the items cost about 2000 to 3000 Won. But giving the fact that everything is vegan and really tasty I felt that it was well worth it.

Pros: all vegan , friendly stuff, nice location
Cons: pricy, not organic, not using whole-grains

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie Holic Bakery: