Vegetarian Chinese food featuring a wide range of vegetable, tofu, and mockmeat dishes; plus tea list, smoothies and salads. Lunch specials Mon-Sat. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Take-out

First Review by Sunny smile
Kate Farrelly
Kate Farrelly

Good food

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

It's so nice to have a vegan restaurant right here in town. The food is quite good. I personally like the Roast "Pork" Fried Rice and "Chicken" with broccoli. My 4 year old loves the "Chicken" Nuggets....we usually have to get 2 orders though because the rest of us love them too. My husband loves the Hunan Dumplings.

Pros: Totally vegan, Friendly staff
Cons: A little expensive
CaraApplestein
CaraApplestein

Great!

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2012

I tend to love these vegan mock-meat Chinese places and Veggie Heaven is no exception. They have a absolutely huge variety on their menu and it was hard to make up my mind but I ordered the Vegetarian Salmon. Beautifully prepared, delicious sauce, and absolutely amazing texture. I've never had any mock meat quite like it. Highly recommended. The food was brought out really fast, too. Prices are slightly on the high side for this sort of restaurant but there are some cheaper options along with the more expensive ones. The ambiance of the restaurant is nice, too.

Pros: Extensive Menu, Great Texture, Ambiance
Cons: Impersonal
ivegan
ivegan

very disappointing

2 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2012

Good service. but the food.... tasted like the whole chain Veggie Heaven is buying bulk food in huge quantities and the worst quality and then they serve old cheap food.

The food was terrible. The frying oil must have been the cheapest vegetable fat on the market, so bad!
We went there hoping to find some good vegan food, instead we found large restaurant with plenty people to serve, the food looked okay, but it was plainly not eatable.
I would give it a one cow, but the only choice is from 2-5, so let it be 2.

Pros: none
Cons: bad food

DebNicotera
DebNicotera

Love Veggie Heaven

5 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2011

I have eaten in the other Veggie Heaven locations and love them all!! This in no exception. My husband and I are vegetarians, but our families are not. We have introduced Veggie Heaven to our families and they love it too. My mom who is not vegetarian goes there a couple of times a week! My brother, who loves his steak houses, looks forward to Veggie Heaven when he visits. The menu is so extensive it is hard to choose but everything is good... ginger chicken, sizzling eggplant, orange beef, the soups and salads are great too. Enjoy!

nessarata
nessarata
  • raw

Awesome Place!

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2010

My boyfriend and I have loved the other Veggie Heaven restaurants in New Jersey and were happy to see one so much closer to us!
The ambiance is very nice, the people are very warm and inviting, especially the owners, and the food is so good. That's the only place in Rockland I go to eat.
Especially loving the avocado salad with the ginger dressing. So good! Definitely recommend this place!

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Friendly , good ambiance
Sunny smile
Sunny smile

It is a heaven!

5 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2010

Being a vegetarian is a very good way to help me stay healthy and happy. Howevery, it is hard to find a restaurant Which is use less oil, low sodium and fresh vegetables. But after my friends bring me to veggie heaven, I find my heaven :) now I recommand few dishes: " sesame chicken" the sauce is arewesome... Other one is "creaky chicken" if u like mushroom, this is a good choice. And also " salt&pepper veggie fish strip" it is spicy but very tasty. The most amazing dessert is their "ToFu chess cake" that cake can rock ur world... Ha ha... If u looking for good vegetarian place, " Veggie Heaven" is a good choice!

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie Heaven: