The Veggie Grill - Carlsbad

Vegan fast food cafe chain restaurant offering a variety of original veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

Veg
Veg

Nice Menu, Poor Execution

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2014

I was excited about Veggie Grill opening nearby. They have great sandwich options. Sadly, they don't put as much effort into preparation as they do their menu. The food was poorly prepared. All dishes were cold. The children's dish had absolutely no flavor. There seems to be heavy reliance on oils.

Lastly, the prices are a bit high, especially considering the lack of effort in the kitchen. Still very glad to see Veg*n options appearing mainstream. Hope they focus more on quality, as opposed to speed (fast food model)

Pros: Great Menu Options
Cons: Poor Food Preparation, Some Dishes Lacked Flavor, Greasy Food
Navegante
Navegante

I LOVE this place!!! (Very close to Legoland)

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

I visited here a couple of times on my recent vacation. The first time was for some desserts to-go. The customer service here is top-notch, and the food was really good. I enjoyed the cookies, and the parfait especially. Second time we ate lunch. My family all loved their strawberry lemonade, and the chicken sandwich was delicious. The mac-and-cheese on the kids menu is really rich (too much) - but the cheese is really good on the nachos. My kids like the chicken fingers the best. I hope that this chain opens many new restaurants across the U.S. soon!

Tip: This is a very short drive from Legoland. The park allows come-and-go access with the parking fee for the day. This makes for a healthy lunch while at the park.

Pros: All vegan food, Non-veg family loved it too, Customer service is wonderful here
Moneyz
Moneyz

Great Place

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

I love all the options here, the food is cheap, delicious and ALL vegan. Someone gave this place a bad review because some of their fried food items, that is a very personal preference. In terms of taste and quality this place is 5 out of 5. If you want something on the healthy side they have a plethora of salad options. Veggie grill also has an app that gives you points every time you eat there which can be redeemed for free food. Awesome!
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 24, 2014

Updated from previous review on Saturday May 24, 2014

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Fast
Cons: Busy

Gyan Penrose-Kafka
Gyan Penrose-Kafka

Vegan junk food

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

I've been there once and that was enough for me. Fried foods, whether they're fried in "healthy" oils or not, are still fried foods. The majority of the menu seems oriented towards people who want fast/junk/flavorless food with things like burgers, fries, etc. They do offer some less unhealthy options (I got the Gluten Free Power Plate - some tempeh and portobello mushrooms - it was OK, but mostly without flavor or distinction. The atmosphere was very corporate - no real warmth, lots of orange colors (which is used in a lot of fast food places because it seems to get people to leave quicker, thereby freeing up table space).

I guess I'd have to say this is like a vegan version of Denny's.

Pros: Kale
Cons: fried, flavorless, ambience

Dear Owner and Manager of The Veggie Grill - Carlsbad: