Veggie Garden

Serving fine Vietnamese vegan and vegetarian cuisine in Orlando. Menu features its signature house-made soup broth utilizing over eight kinds of fresh vegetables and fruit. Sit down for a quick bite or take food to-go. Small and cozy and wholesome food experience. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese
1216 E Colonial Dr Ste 11
Orlando, Florida 32803
407-228-1740

Open Mon-Thur 9am-8pm, Fri-Sat 9am-9pm.

First Review by Romdobe
okwdvc
okwdvc

So-so

3 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

This was our first time visiting the Veggie Garden. We couldn't find a website online so we went off the great reviews on Happy Cow.

It is a small place and we were the only ones in the place. That always worries me. The condiments that are left on the table were dusty and had caked on, sticky clumps on them.

The Pho soup I had was delicious! My husband and kids each got something different and none were overly impressed. All of their meals were extremely greasy. Just didn't hit the spot for us. But if you want pho soup, this is the place!

Pros: Pho soup was great
Cons: Didn't feel clean, Greasy, Food was just so-so
Mamadreads
Mamadreads

Delicious & Authentic All Vegan Vietnamese Menu

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

This is a great little spot with an all Vegan Vietnamese Menu. The Pho with Tofu was delicious and authentic and a bargain at just $7. We went for a breakfast each morning, we were in Orlando because they actually open at 9 am. The Mother, Father and daughter that waited on us each morning, were super friendly and very happy to have us there. Check this place out..it's worth it.

Pros: Very Affordable, Delicious & Authentic, Open early
roadtrippers2014
roadtrippers2014

Awesome Xperience, great value

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

We had the soup no.9 (note: add the thai basil, sprouts and all three sauces from the table for a burst of flavor!) and the summer rolls as a starter. Simply delicious!!!

cygnussix
cygnussix

wonderful experience

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

This is a new favorite of ours. We had the Bun and summer rolls and took half of it home because it was so much. The owner came out and explained to us how they made the dishes and what the ingredients are. In addition to the menu they had a counter with 10 or so pre-prepared items that looked really good including an eggplant dish that I will try next time. Everyone was friendly. Lots of light and a very open feeling to the dining room. Charming. The sweet and sour sauce and the peanut sauce were both very good. Try this place out!

Pros: fresh clean airy, friendly, great food
JaradSergent
JaradSergent

Amazing

5 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2013

I've always loved this place, but the new remodel and new menu items are so delicious! Summer rolls are incredible! Vegan pho.. Mmmmmm. Definitely love they now take credit cards.
Updated from previous review on Thursday December 26, 2013

Charlie Behrens
Charlie Behrens

Great Food

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2013

I really like the new Veggie Garden (formerly Thuyen Vien). It's been remodeled nicely and the menu is reorganized. The prices are a bit higher now, but the food is well worth it.

The person who waited on me spoke English fluently, so the old issue with some customers not knowing enough Vietnamese seem to be a thing of the past.

Also, I have been here many many times over the past several years and have never seen non-vegan food items. I'm not trying to contradict other reviewers, but I wonder if it's possible that they were confused by some of the very convincing mock "meats".

By the way, there's lots of parking if you enter from the road one block south of Colonial.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 13, 2012

Pros: All vegan, Good food, Good prices
Cons: Small
  • WarmWhite WarmWhite

Thanks for the helpful review. You alleviate my concerns (and there's nothing wrong with contradicting misinformed reviews).

jdfahr
jdfahr

Amazing Food

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

Pros: The food is absolutely amazing, the service is simple and attentive. The ingredients are the freshest you can find.

Cons: Small dining area.

Pros: Excellent food, great value , friendly staff
Cons: small dining area
Luckydkhauv
Luckydkhauv

Cannot be vegan!

2 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2012

Hard to say that this place is 100% vegan when they have blue chili crabs and fried fish in the deli counter. My girlfriend and I left feeling like crap. We went a few months ago and the food seemed a lot cleaner than this time around. Felt like it was just zapped in the microwave. Also, the lady serving our food was rather annoying as she kept coming back every two minutes to ask if everything was ok. NOT going back. I think they've turned into a typical non vegan Vietnamese restaurant.

wendymerissa
wendymerissa

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

At $5 per entree, you cannot beat this place!!! A. the food is always made with love. B. the food is always made to DANCE IN YOUR MOUTH CAUSE IT TASTES FREAKING GOOOOD!!!!!!!!!! I love #4, noodles with crunchy things and tofu and this awesome sauce to go on top! C. The whole place is VEGAN so no worries. D. You can buy a FRESH THAI COCONUT AND ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT! AHHH! Love this place and love the people.

Pros: DELICIOUS & CHEAP!, Sweet people, Central location
Cons: Closed for dinner
LR
LR

Tiny place with great food

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

I will definitely be back to this place. It's a small place but the food has big flavor! I had the #3, all of the food was fresh and made to order. Just remember to bring cash. The portions are big and the prices are very reasonable.

Pros: Food is delicious, Portions are large
Cons: Hard to find parking , Cash only , Limited drink selections
maynard7
maynard7

Good food, but language difficulties

4 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2012

I went there two separate times while in Orlando on vacation. Both times the food was good, but both times they didn't prepare my order correctly. The first time, there was a man there who helped solve the problem, but the second time I was on my own.

On my first visit, I ordered #5, which was supposed to come with spring rolls. There were no spring rolls on the plate, so I told the man who took our order, and he went back to the kitchen and they added what looked like a single cut-up spring roll to my plate.

On the second visit, there were 3 women working there, and none of them spoke English. No big deal... I just pointed to what I wanted on the menu (#4 this time). This item is supposed to come with carrots and "munch" beans. When the plate came, there were no carrots or beans. The food on the plate was tasty, but I wanted as many veggies as possible. They don't understand spoken or even the written English on the menu, so I never did get my carrots or beans. By the way, I looked up "munch beans" on Google and couldn't find any reference to them.

I suppose I would return, but only with some translating device. Maybe there's some translator app for the iPhone? They have their schedule posted at the door...Open at 1000am every morning and they close at 500pm Mon-Fri and at 700pm on Saturday and Sunday.

Pros: Tasty food, Low prices
Cons: Messed up both orders, Limited hours, Few tables
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Hidden Treasure

5 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2011

Thuyen Vien is actually not hard to locate once you know to look for it. But otherwise, it's the kind of place that you'd drive by a hundred times and not notice. A big thank you to whoever listed this gem on HappyCow.

Not only is the food absolutely delicious and priced too modestly for the generous portions served, but Thuyen Vien has something you can't put a price on. Namely, the warmth of the people inside.

I'll look forward to stopping in every time I'm in Orlando.

Romdobe
Romdobe

Vegan's delight

5 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2011

Four tables and a take out counter, inexpensive, and they are happy to see you. We had pho soup, goi coun summer rolls and soft rice cakes. The food was great. They sell a lot of take out and everything was fresh.

Pros: Fresh vegetables, Inexpensive, Friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie Garden:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Orlando page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/06/25