This vegan cafe serves local Singaporean food as well several western style dishes. Offers salads, rice meals, cupcakes, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Established since spring 2013. Closed on last Sunday of each month. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Singaporean, Western
13 Dalhousie Ln (Little India)
Central Singapore, Singapore 209682

endofcity
endofcity

Disappointing menu

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2015

Having read the reviews on here, I had fairly high expectations. However, the menu is pretty poor and not very healthy.

I had hoped for nice, fresh and natural food but it's all cooked and fried.

As other people have said, it's very small with 1 person looking after all the tables, so make sure you have plenty of time.

evilhunter
evilhunter

Delicious place in Little India

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2015

Found this lovely restaurant due to HappyCow and was not disappointed. Friendly owner cooks self-created meals for good prices. And it's all vegan !
Provide fast food classics like Fish&Chips, Burgers and Chicken-Nuggets, so there is definitely something for everyone.

Pros: Price, Atmosphere
Cons: Look from the outside
natalierowee
natalierowee

Absolutely amazing

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2015

I've visited Veggie Cottage thrice this month and it has never disappointed. The staff there are very welcoming and friendly, the food is prepared efficiently and tastes amazing!
The sambal fish is absolutely to die for! Incredibly tasty and just the right amount of spiciness. I always order their spring rolls as well because it's simply delicious. Their dishes are not expensive at all and their portions are generous!
Hands down my favourite vegan cafe so far!

Pros: Great tasting food, Efficient service, Lovely ambience

dicer
dicer

Cozy restaurant

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2014

Went there for a late lunch. Seems to be fully booked on weekends so make sure you reserve a place!

Service was very friendly but also very slow. You could never be sure if your orders were forgotten or slow. Everything arrived in the end, but some things like drinks just take too long. One table over even canceled their drinks after they didn't arrive 10 minutes after they were done with their snack. This need improvement.

On the other hand: They have comfy sofa chairs, so take some time and relax :)

Food was little, but good.

Pros: Comfy sofa chairs, Very friendly service, Yummy ice team
Cons: Slow service
thevegansteve
thevegansteve

Wonderful

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2014

This is a quaint little cortège in the bustling streets of Little India. I loved the atmosphere and the 'fish' and chips was very yummy with a nice vegan dressing. Very friendly.

Ianthewander
Ianthewander

Good, small, veg restaurant

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

I came across this Little India restaurant by accident (Feb 2014), walking back to my hotel in the evening. Suddenly feeling hungry I went inside, and was not disappointed. Maybe 20 items on the menu (chalkboard), served by a soft spoken, nice lady. Food was tasty, smallish portions, could have been a little spicer for my taste. Recommended.

Pros: Tasty, Inexpensive, Friendly environment
Cons: Larger portions, spicer
Andoc
Andoc

Nice and cosy restaurant

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2014

Last night we had dinner at this nice restaurant. The food was really tasteful and the menu contained many choices, asian and western. It's good value for money. The staff is very friendly. We will come back.

Samblebee
Samblebee

Cute Little Cortage

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

This is an adorable little place near Little India that clearly has had a lot of love and dedication put in. A comfortable atmosphere with plenty of options on offer taking both from Western favourites and the cuisine of the local culture. Tofu, and mock meats are served and for the majority of dishes dairy is not used.
The food prepared is very tasty and will leave you wanting more.

Pros: Pleasant ambience , Wide choice on the menu, A team that care about their food and appearance
Cons: Portions can be small for greedy boys like me
Happy belly
Happy belly

Quality inexpensive vegan dining at Veggie Cottage

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

I certainly enjoyed the relaxing ambience of this cozy European-style cafe. Prices are very reasonable for the quality you get. Tried the fish and chips (the "fish" is made in-house and very crispy and light) and Nasi Lemak - both are excellent! To satisfy my coffee craving, I had a frothy cup of freshly brewed cappuccino (non-dairy)to go with. The warm and friendly staff made it a perfect dining experience. Veggie Cottage is easily accessible by public transport (just 5 mins walk from Tekka Market, behind "The Verge" shopping mall.

+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

That's a good place !!!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

At last a cozy, cheap and good place !! Nice staff as well. One of my favorites in SGP.
Don't miss the green cupcake for your dessert.

GreenEarth
GreenEarth
  • herbivore

Heartfelt cooking

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

When I go to a cafe/restaurant, one of the first things I will notice is the smiles and friendly nature of the staff. The folks at Veggie Cottage sincerely nice to their customers :-D

Apart from a chef that puts all her heart into cooking, I am rather pleased with the service. Among my favourites are the burger, spaghetti (both Bolognese and Aglio Olio), mushroom and pumpkin soups, and of course, the chocolate and pandan cupcakes (only $1 each). The next best thing on the menu is the Mongolian Dumpling Soup, prepared by non other than a new chef from Mongolia :-)

I heard that one of the customers reserved a table for a birthday celebration and the chef prepared a cake for free. How many places will do just that ?

Waiting time for food can be cut short by calling to order before arrival.

Pros: Dishes prepared with love
sunto308
sunto308

tasty

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

vegan cupcake/muffin

VeganClara2013
VeganClara2013

Homecooked meals at Veggie Cottage (Singapore)

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2013

upon reading reviews of Veggie Cottage by Luke of hungry ang mo blog at www.hungryangmo.com
my family visited this little cafe on 1st May, wednesday.

we started our meals with the homemade concoction of Prune Lime juice while enjoying the relaxing ambience of the café.

while waiting for our main meal to be served, we had the vegan chips with avocado dip, could have some lemon juice, salt n pepper added to the avocado dip.

the deep fried mini samosa which are not hand make by the chef but was deep fried to perfection and placed beautifully in a small basket.

we enjoyed the vegan hamburger set and were delighted to savour the vegan fish & chips with handmake patties created by the chef.

The nasi lemak rice is abit plain for us as we are used to the conventional type of nasi lemak with lots of coconut milk in them but we loved the homemake spicy chillis paste that goes well with the white rice.

The vegan claypot tofu was great and the veggies well cooked but crunchy, much to our liking. This dish was served in a small and delicate oval shaped claypot that enchanced the presentation of this simple yet tasty dish.

I fell in love with the 2 paintings of Veggie Cottage painted by the chef herself.....no wonder every effort is put in to ensure that every detail of each dish is taken care of; like an Artist does with her paintings.

Thank you, Veggie Cottage, cook & staff for all your Love n effort in creating this peaceful café, a memorable place where we can look forward to relax and dine in again.

Clara/vegan
Singapore

Updated from previous review on Thursday May 02, 2013

Pros: excellent food & peaceful ambience, good value & pricing, artistic cook & friendly staff
SunMum
SunMum

Lovely cupcakes

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2013

I luuuuvvv their cupcakes, especially the ones made from pandan. They are all freshly baked in the day, and disappear fast every night ! So be quick to grab some when you see them displayed at the counter. Also, the cupcakes can be enjoyed with their very nice (soy) coffee
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 24, 2013

Pros: Nice place, relaxing, cozy, inexpensive
Cons: A little slow...
Foodlover725
Foodlover725
  • non-vegetarian

Best Vegan Food in Town

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

I'm in love with this cafe! The food is great and healthy. By far, this is the best vegetarian food I ever tasted.

My favourite dishes are their Nasi Lemak and Sambal fish rice. The Nasi Lemak is even better than the non-vegetarian Nasi Lemak. The coconut rice with a touch of lemongrass taste together with their chef's special chilli is so yummy. Must try!!

For the soup of the day, I tried the mushroom soup. It's beautiful. I was told that the chef made the soup from scratch. Wow, it's definitely a healthy soup for everyone to have.

In fact, almost all the food they serve are made from scratch by the chef herself. She really puts in a lot of efforts in making sure the food taste good and yet healthy.

Heard their western food is also not bad. Maybe I will try some in my next visit.

Pros: Great and healthy food, Cozy ambience, Reasonable price
meivegan
meivegan

Veggie Cottage

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

A cozy vegan cafe just opened on 7 April 2013. tried its sambal (local chili pasted) vegan fish rice set on Sunday -- very soft long grain white rice with soft and juicy vegan fish protein! cooked just to the right texture! Nice environment. Highly recommended as a relaxing place too for afternoon coffee / tea with vegan cupcake!
friendly staff. inexpensive pricing.
call to find out the dishes served which vary daily.

Pros: good food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: waiting time to be improved.

Dear Owner and Manager of Veggie Cottage: