CLOSED: Veggie Chinese Gour...

Cozy atmosphere. Owned by two ladies who kindly explain ingredients and ways of cooking. The menu offers vegetarian specialties from Shanghai and other regions in China, using ingredients which are partially imported such as the vegetables for the fillings of their won ton soup. The menu changes every few weeks. No flavour enhancers used. Selection of German wines. In Berlin this seems to be the only restaurant offering gourmet Chinese vegetarian cuisine. Located in the heart of Berlin-Charlottenburg, near the Kurfuerstendamm. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine
Leibnizstr 45
Berlin, Germany 10629
030-60949121

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by bo-hamburg
Jujuh
Jujuh

Really nice

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2011

I really enjoyed eating at Chinese Gourmet Couisine, the neighborhood is so pretty, the restaurant has a very nice atmosphere and the food was excellent. However, if you are into healthy food be aware that their food is quite oily, at least what me and my boyfriend ordered. I dont know about the other dishes.

Pros: neighborhood, atmosphere, food is tasty
Eugene Nyunt.
Eugene Nyunt.

Filling and tasty

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2011

A really easy to find place (near Adenauerplatz U)in a nice neighbourhood with a beautifully calming interior. During my single recent visit I ordered the Wonton soup and a Szechuan "beef" main (which could easily have satiated two people). I was looking forward to the soup which was really nice, although not as substantial as I'd been expecting. The tasty main dish made up for this though several times over, and I'm still wondering how I managed to put the whole meal away. And it only cost 12 Euros.

Pros: Quality, Generous, Top service
pavese91
pavese91

mock meat at its best

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2011

The atmosphere is very calm and cosy, the dishes are extremely well done and taste almost exactly like their meat originals (or at least as I remember them after two decades of being a vegetarian). The service is almost perfect, very unintrusive but helpful.
If you like chinese food that is not just watery soysauce and lacklustre tofu you will greatly enjoy an evening at the Veggie's.

Pros: mock meat heaven, original dishes, service perfect

Guest
Guest

Great flavours, exceptional service

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2011

Fantastic customer service! The staff were very accommodating, speaking English and providing menus in English and even giving us a complimentary appetizer. We were very impressed with the range and quality of food as well - particularly the Won Ton soup and mock Peking Duck dish.

For those new to Berlin - the numbering system for the streets can be a little bit difficult. There are three restaurants at #45 so don't be discouraged when it isn't the first restaurant you see at 45 Leibnizstr.

Very highly recommended.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Central Location
peachens
peachens

authentic food, marvelous atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2011

Heading across Berlin is worth the trek to experience this jem of a restaurant in Charlottenburg. As a US-american vegetarian/mostly vegan living in Dresden, there a less than enough vegan restaurants, and the only chinese food available all tastes the same -- Veggie offers exaclty that which I had been searching for: unique, flavourful dishes, and that uncanny ability to mimic the meat-like umami (I know I'm using a Japanese word to describe chinese dishes, but hey..)

Everything about this place deserves the highest rating. The Wanton soup is absolutely stellar, and I personally recommend their "peking duck" (tofu) and szeschaun beef (seitan I think?). The service was also excellent, we got 3 appetizers on the house, and the owner took time to explain the dishes. The food was honestly worth the price -- vegan food can be fairly cheap in berlin, which is great, but sometimes you want something besides comfort food.

I will definitely be coming back to try their hot pot.

p.s. I'm not sure how vegan friendly this restaurant truly is, but the waitstaff was so welcoming, I'm sure everything is possible here.

Ida Maria
Ida Maria

Great food and really nice staff

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2011

Went there twice during a five day visit to Berlin, the food was excellent and the service too. Nice design of the place and ok prices. big portions, so if you are super-hungry this is the place to go.

Pros: Food, Loaction, Size of portions
bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

One of the best Chinese Vegetarian Restaurants

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2010

Thanks to happycow and the VegOut app we just discovered a new great place for vegetarians.
It's a beautiful Chinese restaurant not far from central Ku'damm. But not like the "typical" Chinese you may think of. It has a very relaxed atmosphere, stylish yet simple. Not too big a place. Extremely friendly staff, very caring. Gives lots of explanations about how they produce their dishes. Nice selection of vegetable and mock meat dishes with incredibly tasty flavors. Spicy yet not too hot.
We tried both soups, wan tan and a spicy one. Mock beef and mock chicken and some fresh Yasmin tea.
Has definitely become one of my favorite places in Berlin.

Open Monday through Friday for lunch and seven days for dinner (including public holidays).

Pros: Taste, Staff, Atmosphere
mrm
mrm

excellent Vegetarian Chinese Cooking

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

Small restaurant with a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere, serving a good variety of authentic and delicious Chinese vegetarian dishes. Nice mock meat dishes are also available which appealed to our non-vegetarians friends as well. Very friendly and attentive staff. Convenient location in Charlottenburg, not far from the main sights of Berlin's City West.

Pros: Authentic food , Excellent cooking, Pleasant atmosphere
dzanfardino
dzanfardino

AWESOME!

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

Friendly welcome, offered to take us a mix of their best dishes, and we were delighted with every dish! atmosphere and beautiful furnishings. Truly recommended for everyone!

bo-hamburg
bo-hamburg

A heart-warming gourmet experience

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2010

This is the best vegetarian asian food we have ever eaten in Europe - the all vegetarian menue is highly interesting and contains dishes you will not find in common asian restaurants. No flavor enhancers are used. The two chinese ladies who own this place treat their guests like friends and explain the special ingredients, the ways of cooking and make thoughtful suggestions. One of their specialities is the won ton soup which contains a special Shanghai vegetable for the filling, which is normally not available in Germany. A relaxing and heart-warming gourmet experience at a reasonable price!

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Veggie Chinese Gourmet Cuisine: