Vegetariánska kuchyně. Casual veggie food restaurant in a quiet neighborhood just a short walk from Dejvická Metro exit. Menu is in Czech, and there is a photo menu on the wall: seaweed rolls, stir frys, soymeat dishes, sushi, noodles, tofu and vegetables. White rice only. Meals are served in beautiful authentic china. Comfortable clean space with several tables. Vietnamese music and chants played. No smoking. Owners are very friendly, the man (Mr. Chen) also speaks English. Maybe closed in between lunch and dinner for rest. Directions: from Dejveska metro station, if facing Diplomat Hotel, Kafkova is an alley behind the hotel, and to the left. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out
Kafkova 16, Praha 6 (Metro stop Dejvická, 3 blocks from Diplomat Hotel)
Prague, Czech Republic
+420-776-343462

Usually open Mon-Fri 10.30-21.00, Sat 10.30-16, Sun 12-17.

• Cash only

First Review by Amelie_Prague
Bunuelos
Bunuelos

good experience

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

Came here on new years eve, the owner was kind enough to let us in and serve us even when they are closing. The food is decent and relatively quick to serve, unlike previously reviewer's experience, non-disposable china were used.
we had veggie chicken, veggie sushi, spring roll and noodle soup.

Pros: friendly staff/ owner, decent food , cheap
Cons: no English menu/ have to relay on picture to order
Chia
Chia

Friendly People

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Vegetka review.

First impression was very nice. The space was peaceful, clean, and pleasantly decorated. There is a wall of photo menu which helped since we could not read the Czech only menu. Prices were very cheap.

We ordered a noodles roll, a tofu and tomatoes dish, and a plate of seaweed sushi rolls. The food took a while to prepare was served on thin disposable plastic plates. That puzzled me a bit since I felt that the space was rather nice, but the disposal ware made the food feel like fast food and rather cheap instead. It changed the feeling of the experience.

My suggestion would be that the restaurant uses real plates or even hard non-disposal plastic ones. It will make the dining experience better.

Pros: friendly service, nice atmosphere
Cons: disposable plates & utensils
Sihaaja
Sihaaja

Not very good...

2 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

I visited this restaurant once (approx. a year ago) and don't plan on coming back. The food is not very tasty; you can get much better meal in some regular Vietnamese/Chinese restaurants if you pick something with vegetables only. It's keenly priced BUT I'd rather eat something more expensive but tastier. The atmosphere was weird and the Asian guy working & cooking there as well.

Pros: good prices
Cons: not a very good food
FridaBorg
FridaBorg

Special vegan

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2011

Such a cozy little hideaway out of the centre of town. Just a short walk from Dejvicka. Owner Mr Chen is very nice and speaks good english. I had the sushi and got biiiig pieces, my 10-bit-plate was more of an 20-bit-plate. My boyfriends noodle-soup was gigantic so you will be full after a visit. They sell alcohole-free beer, ginger beer and sodas. Also various green teas.

Pros: vegan, big portions, friendly owners
Noelle Elia
Noelle Elia

I Heart Vegetka

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2010

thank my lucky stars for Happy Cow. before moving to praha from toronto for a year, a friend told me about this site. it has been my "bible" for eating well and healthily.

tonite i had my first meal @ Vegetka. and i'm going back tomorrow. the place has peaceful energy, modest decor. it's true, there is no menu in english - but the owner, Guo, was so friendly and helpful, that i had no problem choosing my first meal: pumpkin soup to start - and then a REALLY YUMMY dish of rice, tofu cubes, tomatoes, shitake mushrooms, and peas. on the menu, it's #8.Tofu s houbami šitake(rajcaty a hráškem,rýže)

the meal was very affordable. i learned all about Master Ching Hai. even bought a really great, bright yellow cotton bag that has a very positive pro-vegetarian, pro-green, pro-love message on it printed w/ pink ink and outlined in gold glitter. And! i met my very first praha friend (i'm here studying film for a year w/ a lot of international students). she told me she eats @ Vegetka almost every day.

it was such a positive experience. i can't wait for tomorrow's dinner there!

thank you Happy Cow!
your website is a Blessing, here in the land of meat, beer and cheese - all things i avoid.

happy, happy!
Updated from previous review on Friday October 08, 2010

Pros: excellent food, great price, lovely atmosphere and friendly owner
Cons: menu not in english

Amelie_Prague
Amelie_Prague

• non-vegetarian

Such a friendly place !

3 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2008

In my point of view, this restaurant is a quite and lovely place to visit(non-smoking,non-drinking).Of course it looks like fast foods dishes but Asian style . There, you can enjoy many kinds of teas from Asian , for example Chinese one. Try once ?
Amelie.

Pros: friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetka: